[37] cant forget, can only regret

Laughing from the distance is Hoseok and Taehyung, and Yoongi wishes they were him and Jimin. He sighs as he quickly glances at the sky stretched above.

"I'm sad for Jeongguk and myself. I hate this feeling."

Yoongi stands up, throws a stone he's been holding, and kicks it on his way to class.

"Mr. Min, put that stone back at the school grounds."

"It's my pet. Don't worry, professor, it won't bite you."

The class laughs and their old homeroom teacher couldn't retaliate even more. He just motions Yoongi to get inside. Yoongi did and slumps down on his chair, about to close his eyes.

"Don't sleep in my class, Mr."

-

Yoongi puts his shoes at the shoe rack and runs inside to lay down when his phone chimes. He opens an app to see a message from Jimin.

IM HOT
|hyung can we talk?
ME
|about what?

Yoongi awaits for an answer but it's taking the other so long.

ME
|dont tell me how excited you are
|because i am way more excited
|tomorrow jimin. i'll be wearing
|my favourite shirt you gave me
|make sure to find me

Yoongi smiles and tries to find a black shirt with the text "REBEL" largely printed on it.

IM HOT
|no hyung
|im sorry
ME
|why?
|what are you sorry for?

Yoongi made his way back to the living room and slumps down the sofa.

ME
|i dont understand anything youre
|trying to say
IM HOT
|im really sorry hyung please
|forgive me
ME
|tell me what's wrong jimin it's
|okay
|hyung forgives you
|just tell me what's wrong
IM HOT
|i dont think i could come back
|tomorrow
|and
|ive been seeing someone
|let's break up
|im really sorry
|let's not talk anymore

Yoongi's eyes are wide and crystal clear that anyone would see how bad he's confused and how much he wants an explanation as to what he has just read. He types an answer though his hands are already shaking.

ME
|jimin what the fuck are you
|talking about?
|dont joke like that for fucks sake
IM HOT
|im not joking
|i want us to be over
|and i cant leave jiyoo hyung yet
ME
|take that back
|you have a minute to explain
|im so disappointed at you
IM HOT
|you dont have to count
|i dont want you to tire yourself
|over me
|im going now
|bye hyung
|dont wait for me at the airport
|i wont be coming back home

Yoongi blinks hardly. He doesn't stop. He doesn't give up on trying to contact Jimin, but the boy is out of reach.

Their love was so vivid, so anyone wouldn't think Jimin is telling the truth.

-

[wattpad removed soundcloud so i couldnt insert a song, but i want you guys to play Sad Song by We The Kings starting here]

Yoongi waits by the airport the day that Jimin should be back home and in his arms, but his arms are so cold he's afraid he could freeze any moment. After waking up he quickly changed clothes, not even wearing a proper clothing for the cold winter.

Still he waited for hours his legs ache, eyes tired, and heart desperate.

He sends the boy letters and messages on all his web accounts but he gets no response at all. Not even once. Now it's almost a month and maybe he has to believe Jimin already, but he doesn't want to. Because how is it so easy for the boy to push him away? How come for a very short time has Jimin able to let go?

"Wake me up. Please wake me up," Yoongi cries. "I wanna live, I wanna get out, WAKE ME UP ALREADY!"

Yoongi is shaking in anger and fear and hatred. He's confused, and the voice of Jimin is so, so clear in his head. He could imagine the boy telling him what they last talked about.

His words.

I want us to be over.

It is what he remembers the most.

"Jimin is waiting for me. Please wake me up already. God."

He doesn't answer anyone on the door nor his phone. He wants to be alone. But he wants Jimin to be by his side too.

Lonely tears escape his eyes. Sobs and cries of agony from his delicate lips. He eyes everything around him, destroys everything, throws everything. It got to the point that he hurts himself too. That he bangs his head on the wall, punches it, cuts himself, and do everything he could do to himself. Everything that hurts him.

But no, he's not crazy. His heart is. And it won't ease down until Jimin wakes him up.

-

Jimin smiles as a hand keeps on messing his hair as he works on a cashier counter.

"Stop doing that," he laughs. "Go to work, asshole."

"I will, if you give me your number."

"I told you I lost my phone. Stop bothering me about it."

"Did you really lose it? It feels like you just don't want me to have your number. Fuck you, my friend."

Jimin stares at his co-worker for a mere 5 seconds.

"I won't do that."

"Why don't you buy another one then?"

"I don't have the money. Now shut up."

"You're so mean, you know that?"

"I know that, Hyungwon. Fucking help me or I'm stabbing you with a pen."

"I still love you though."

"It's all your fault if I get into jail for stabbing an idiot who can't keep his mouth shut."

"Why are you always on your period?"

-

Jimin wakes up so dizzy as if the world is rotating so fast without him. He blinks again and again to adjust his vision. He coughs and rubs his eyes.

"I told you not to overwork."

"I'm here again?"

"Obviously."

Jimin looks over the nightstand for his phone, but it's not there. He quickly went gloomy remembering Yoongi. "Stupid."

"Don't hurt yourself like that."

Hyungwon unravels the hand on the boy's locks, then he straightens his hair. "Your hair is always messy. Do you even comb it?"

"Says the one who always messes it."

"Because you're the cutest in it."

"I know. Now let's go to work."

"Nope. We're not working today." Jimin raises his eyebrows, and asks him why. "I want you to rest."

"I need to work."

"We do, but we also need to rest. Do you get me? Lay back down so I'll let you go tomorrow."

Jimin rolls his eyes and lays back down. From his eyes closed from tiredness, he could mentally see Yoongi's smile. He wonders what the boy is doing right now. And he couldn't keep the sadness all to himself that it forcefully breaks free from his two eyes.

"I regret everything."