[27] calm days

"Hey Jim."

"Yeah?"

The moon is spreading hope on the outstretched land and two boys watch as it smiles down at them.

"Did you really hate me?"

Jimin was taken aback at Yoongi's question but his face did not show any kind of expression—just blank.

"Would it matter if I did?" Jimin pauses and watches Yoongi's face fall. "My point is that it was in the past, you know."

"To think that you happened to hate me? It matters to me more than you think." Yoongi heaves and closes his eyes. "But I don't blame you. I'm just... you know, I just can't take the thought in. There are so many possibilities in life and what if—Jimin, would you have forgiven me if I gave up on you? Would you have loved me again? If I chose to stop going after you?"

Jimin was left thinking for an answer as Yoongi pulls up the cover for the both of them. Until Yoongi has laid back down and he answers, "I don't know."

Yoongi feels a tap on his chest which surely almost killed him. "I understand." He gives Jimin a small smile. "Let's sleep for now, alright?"

Yoongi turns around so he's facing the mattress. It's the position he just found comfortable. And as the night slowly slips, he thinks again. He understands, but more like trying to understand the undecided.

"No, you don't."

Yoongi raises his eyebrows as he lifts his head up when he heard Jimin talk on his own. "Hm?"

"You don't understand anything I said." Jimin laughs, "Yoongi." He smiles at the ceiling. "Did I say anything about hating you?" A long pause. No answer. "Maybe I did back then, but you told me you know I was lying so I carried on," he laughs again as he finishes the last word. "A while ago, Yoongi, did I?"

"Yes, you did?"

"No, I asked if it matters to you, and you gave me a very satisfying answer."

Yoongi's mind wandered for a while, and he chuckles as Jimin places an arm across his stomach. "You can be smarter than me sometimes."

"I know."

Yoongi is breathing in, breathing out, and Jimin follows along as a leg, too, is now placed across Yoongi's.

"I own a pretty smart ass, wow."

-

"Wake up!"

"Shut the fuck up before I put a pen up your ass," said a soft and yawn-y voice.

Namjoon scoffs and rolls his eyes, and suddenly he hears a fit of giggles beside him.

"Wow, beauty sleep did not get enough sleep last night?"

"Dumbass, he's a guy who would most likely take a nap everywhere even after sleeping for a decade."

"Oh shit that reminded me of Noblesse! I should buy the book later! Wanna come with me?"

The room is getting empty and Namjoon lightly taps on Yoongi's shoulder.

"Seokjin is hungry."

Yoongi catches his hand, getting irritated.

"Jimin is here."

Yoongi groans and shows him his middle finger.

"He really is here! Huh, Jimin is coming with us so if you don't stand within five seconds I'm fucking him inside the janitor's closet."

Yoongi abruptly stands up and glares at Namjoon.

"You're into that kind of shit?" Hoseok asks.

"I think I am. Except it's not Jimin. And except he's not here either for me to drag. Don't tell me you're jealous."

Hoseok rolls his eyes so hard it must've hurt.