[42] moving on

Yoongi is staring down at the cup in his hand, wondering what else he could do in this world.

Walking out of the 24/7 store, he lets himself get soaked under the rain, because the best thing about it is that people wouldn't tell you're crying. Though he knows himself that weakness isn't based on tears, still he'd rather keep his emotions to himself.

People he could see are too busy with their families, and aeroplanes are either about to land or fly.

Yoongi goes his own way and lets his feet lead the way to wherever.

There are soft whispers humming into his ears and the sounds of waves hitting the rocks. Yoongi looks down from where he is and sees the ocean.

He's holding onto metal bars slightly rusty. And as the current hit his face, he jumps up to sit on the railings of the bridge. The rain starts to pour down even harder, but Yoongi doesn't get off just yet. He wants the sun to show up soon—and him to try to start over himself and just move on—but as he wishes for these things to happen, someone spoke, ruining all of his thoughts.

"Are you trying to kill yourself?"

Yoongi looks over his shoulder to see a man with a gray hair, and then he quickly turn away.

"I'd be happy to follow you wherever you go."

Yoongi smiles bitterly at how that sounded. So if he jump off this bridge, the man would, too? That's what he mean, right?

Yoongi turns, hopping down the metal bar where he stay seated, and ruffles his wet hair back. He disregarded the man beside him, shoving his hands inside his pockets and going his own way.

"Do you realize you're walking away like I'm not talking to you? That's pretty rude."

Yoongi proceeds on. The boy trails behind him, a little broken. Yoongi calls for a cab, but the boy was quick to shoo it away telling the driver they got the wrong car.

No one has an umbrella along and it's really cold getting rained on. The boy forces Yoongi to come along with him, dragging him by the hand into a little coffee shop.

The bell chimes, the boy ordered for two hot coffees, and the cold subsides.

"Seems like you're not happy to see me," with a sad voice, the boy says.

Yoongi tries to contain himself. He couldn't look the boy in the eyes, so there he stares at the raindrops hitting the glass wall. The bell keeps on chiming, but he couldn't be distracted. And the boy keeps on talking, but he doesn't wanna listen.

"What's wrong?" the boy's voice breaks upon asking, and that is the time for Yoongi to check on the boy's eyes getting red and teary. "I'm home, hyung.

Yoongi grits his teeth. He's afraid he'd hurt the other in front of the people sipping through straws and cups, sitting comfortably.

Sighing deeply, Yoongi hastily stands up, leaving the boy behind and the untouched cup of coffee brought for him.

As Yoongi walks home—running from time to time—he answers a call from Jeongguk.

"About to go home, why?"

"Yeah, I did." Yoongi sighs again as he puts a hoodie on and a hand inside his jacket pocket. "He's gotten back," he whispers, "I'm not okay right now."

Then Yoongi hangs up.

Jimin has gotten back with a gray hair and it suits him so much Yoongi wants to ruffle it to see if it's still of the same softness he'll recognize.

Upon reaching the condominium, he finds the younger going out of a cab.

"Yoongi, what's wrong with you?"