Chapter Two

We were all standing in an enormous hall, dripping slightly from the rain outside. A stern looking witch, who had introduced herself as Professor McGonagall had told us to wait here until everything was ready. We'd crossed over to Hogwarts by boat, I'd been in a boat with Remus, James and Sirius, Peter had been put in another boat, but seemed very reluctant about it, and kept trying to keep a discussion going with us by yelling over the sound of the rain and chatter to us.

I grinned at Lupin, who grinned back and squeezed my hand. Sirius and James were jumping around, laughing, when a girl walked up to me. She held out her hand and said, "Hello, I'm Lily Evans, this is all quite exciting, isn't it!"

I smiled at her, and shook her hand, "Hi there, I'm Olimpia. It's so exciting I could burst! This is Remus," Remus shook her hand too, then James caught a glimpse of her, and instantly walked over. "Who's your friend, Ollie? My names James Potter, but you can call me." He paused, grinning, "Anytime."

I burst out laughing. Was he for real? I looked at Lily, who looked a little bit confused, but introduced herself all the same. Sirius smiled jovially and shook her hand as well.

"Now then. Would you all follow me in a line, the Sorting is about to begin." The witch was back, and my stomach turned as we started walking into yet another enormous hall. The roof looked like the sky outside, and there were hundreds of candles floating in mid-air filling the large room with light. I didn't realise that my mouth was open until Sirius told me I looked like a goldfish.

I remembered where we were and my stomach lurched again as I saw all of the faces in the hall fixed on the new arrivals. I suddenly felt all the sweets I had eat on the train slowly coming up again, and I motioned to Professor McGonagall to leave the room. She looked a little confused and shocked, but put one hand on my back and lead me out. As soon as we were out of the hall, I yelped,

"Bucket! Quick! About... Throw up!"

I didn't manage a full sentence as the vile was almost in my mouth now, but she seemed to get the gist of it as she conjured a bucket, which I grabbed and only just managed to throw up in, without making too big of a mess.

"Miss Heatherstead!" The woman explained. "Are you quite alright?" I nodded.

"Probably just one too many chocolate frogs, Professor." 

She peered at me concernedly. Didn't people throw up at Hogwarts? "I'm fine Professor, sorry for, you know, throwing up," I finished awkwardly. 

"That is fine Miss Heatherstead, drink this quickly now, are you feeling well enough to return to the Great Hall?" I nodded as she handed me a little phial and I drank the content. It didn't taste that bad, but it tickled a little as it went down my throat. 

We walked back into the hall, and I didn't realise we'd been out there for that long until I saw that the cue of the rest of the first years were no longer there and everyone in the hall was looking at me. Feeling nauseous again, I looked around for Remus, and saw him sitting on a table under red and gold banners. He looked concerned too, but I gave him a small smile to tell him I was fine. 

"Miss Heatherstead, could you sit down on the stool there," McGonagall pointed at a wooden stool with a very old looking hat beside it, and I went to sit down there as  she called out my name. As soon as I sat down, something was put onto my head. I almost jumped when a little voice whispered in my ear. 

"Oh what have we here! Yes, yes.. I heard about you coming here, young... Heatherstead. Well. I see talent, yes, lots of talent, and quite a bit of courage too. Then again, I also see ambition, resourcefulness. And there there's that hatred for him. Well I think it will be either Slytherin or Ravenclaw." 

I was confused. Hatred for who? I ignored that for a while, I wanted to be with Remus. I didn't care what house I had to be in, if I was in the same house as he was.

"Hmm. Well, personal choices must matter too, and it would make sense despite that little hitch. GRYFFINDOR" He yelled the last part, and my head rang as one table exploded with applause and whooping. The hat was taken off my head, and the table with the red and gold banners was clapping, and Sirius, James, Lily, Peter and Remus were all beaming at me, shouting, "OLLIE! GET OVER HERE OLLIE!"

I smiled and raised a fist into the air. Despite the hat wanting to put me in other houses, I felt like this was really where I belonged.