Hogwarts

The train ride passed rather quickly, I sat down and started reading the charms book, Cleopatra lay purring on my chest contentedly. Sirius and James would come up with plans for practical jokes, Peter piping in with creative suggestions, and every now and then they would roar with laughter. Lily and Remus were doing prefect duties, and as we had occupied the compartment at the very end of the train, no one really walked past, so we were left quite alone. I was quite glad to have the train ride to compose myself for my return.

Just as we were, according to my watch, about to reach Hogwarts, I went to a bathroom and changed into my school robes, though I didn't have my house tie yet. The moment I walked into the compartment again, the train screeched to a standstill and I held onto the compartment door to stop myself from falling over. My stomach fluttered with excitement. I'd really be back soon!

"You look like a kid," James said, getting up and ruffling my hair, "Or, more than usual, anyway."

I ignored him and moved into the compartment to take my stuff.

"All your bags and stuff will be transported up to your room, remember?" Peter said.

I stopped, and cringed at the thought of other people touching my stuff. My staff.

"You'll look a right badass if you walk into school carrying that." Sirius said, finally taking his sunglasses off and stretching.

"What, are you saying I should just leave it then?" I asked.

"Nah, I'm saying you'll become even more of a point of attention with it."

I gulped, but decided that Sirius was over exaggerating. Surely no one would really remember me. Either way, maybe it was a good thing to build up a reputation. I could have some fun with that.

Remus was waiting outside the train, he told us Lily had gone on with the other girls. We moved forward and caught one of the very last carriages, my skin tingling pleasantly in the evening breeze.

"Cold?" Sirius asked me.

"Pfft," I responded, "It's warm out."

"Yeah, this is subtropical for her." Peter said.

"I didn't live in a tundra, you know. The summer temperatures weren't so unlike what they are here. The winters were just colder so you appreciate it more."

"So what is it really like, Norway?" Remus asked.

"Well, it's a beautiful country, with a rich culture," I said, thinking back to the mountains that were capped with snow all year round, the polite and humble people I had grown used to, with a directness that was often mistaken as rudeness by tourists. My heart ached and I realised that even though I had only lived there for a small part of my life, it had become my home, and I belonged there. You belong at Hogwarts, too.

"Wow, well that was enlightening." Remus said.

"Yeah, Ollie, you've got to tell us more than that. How do you introduce yourself in Norwegian?" James said.

"Uh, well. Hello my name is Olimpia is 'Hei jeg heter Olimpia', but the thing is that there are two written languages, yet you speak neither, you speak with a dialect instead."

There was silence which let men know I had explained it poorly.

"Well that sounds mighty complicated." Sirius said.

"It takes some getting used to."

"What dialect do you have then?" Remus asked.

"Well, I learnt to speak with the northern dialect. In my opinion it's the prettiest, but others disagree."