Diagon Alley

I stumbled out of the fireplace, gasping for air. Those moments I had been in the chimney system, I thought I was going to die. Note to self: do not use the floo system when high.

"Bloody fire dust," I said, brushing my robes with the back of my hand and getting up slowly.

"I think it's called soot, dear."

I looked up and saw Hope beaming at me.

"Hope, oh it's marvellous to see you, sweet, sweet woman!" I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around her.

She chuckled uncertainly, "Yes it's wonderful seeing you, too, Olimpia."

I looked past her, "Oh, and Lyall! Spiffing to see you, chap. I do hope you are well!" I hugged him too.

"Oh, yes I am," He held me at arms length, "Are you?" He asked seriously.

At that moment, James zoomed out of the fireplace, and went over to greet Remus' parents too.

"Now, I haven't seen her in a couple of years, but she's acting a bit strange, Ollie is," Hope said to James, "You haven't been up to anything, have you?"

James smiled a charming smile, and I smiled too. It was infectious. He said, "I wouldn't worry, I don't think she's been sleeping much, been too excited for Hogwarts and all that. She'll probably be all better tomorrow."

I nodded earnestly.

Remus and Sirius came next, looked at each other, and began dusting soot off each other.

"Mother, father! I have missed you!" Remus said and hugged the two of them. Sirius joined in the hug.

"Yes, neither of them have slept much either, I suppose Ollie kept them up all night talking." James said quickly.

I was confused: I never really spoke much, and I was quite sure I had spoken the least out of all of them. I didn't say anything, though, which I felt proved my point.

"OLLIE!"

I turned around quickly, my eyes wide at the mention of my name and was engulfed in a hug.

"Oh no, Miss, I think your head is on fire!" I said, almost all I could see was vivid redness.

"What are you talking about, Ollie?"

"Oh, it's you, Lily! Your presence has been missed!" I exclaimed.

She looked at me suspiciously, then smile and said, "Hogwarts really hasn't been the same without you, O."

I grinned back.

She went to say hello to the boys and Remus' parents, and I watched her. She was so kind, a beautiful human being. James opened his arms for a hug, which she decided to ignore. I snickered, but felt that I was slowly coming down from my high.

The barman took my stuff upstairs, except for my trusted wooden stick, which I carried myself. Once he had left, I fell onto the bed and watched the ceiling.

Suddenly, the door burst opened and I jumped about ten feet.

"You coming?"

It was Lily, Miss Firehead.

I nodded, and she took my hand and walked me down the stairs, then called for the boys to come too. Once outside in the courtyard, she did some funny stuff with the brick wall, which then opened like a portal.

"Woah, magic!" I gasped, and Remus gasped too.

Lily pulled me through, and once we all had come through and the portal shut, she turned around and crossed her arms.