Chapter Four

Olimpia's POV

I could feel something warm and furry on my face. It was warm and was emitting a sort of vibration. A purring? I tried to wipe it off, and felt a little, furry body parked on my face. An angry meow came from the body, and it moved off. I rubbed my eyes and opened them to see a quite insulted-looking cat sitting by my bed. I dangled my hand off the bed to rub it's head, and she forgave me, and started purring again.

"Good morning Mallory," I said in a baby voice as I crawled out of bed and sat down on the floor so that the cat could climb onto me, "Mally. We're in Hogwarts! What's the time Mally?" I looked out of the window, and saw that the sun was up and could hear birds chirping. There was a clock on the wall, and that it was around half an hour until breakfast. I didn't use a lot of time in the morning, but I thought maybe some of the other girls might want to have some time to get ready before breakfast so I whispered, "Time for up, I think," to Mallory before jumping on my bed and shouting, "GOOD MORNING FELLOW STUDENTS. RISE AND SHINE."

There were some angry, sleepy mutterings from the surrounding beds and a pillow was thrown at me. I caught it and threw it back to where it came from, receiving a squawk from Lily.

"Come on. It's half an hour till breakfast!" 

At this, all the other girls sat up straight, eyes wide open. I grinned at them, before changing into my robes quickly and looking in the mirror. I closed my eyes and concentrated on my hair, and when my eyes opened again, it was a golden colour with scarlet stripes. That should be appropriate, if only for today.

I left the girls dormitory and made my way to the great hall, where I found Sirius, James, Remus and Peter sat at the Gryffindor table. I skipped over to them and sat beside Remus, pulling his hair as I walked past him.

"Good morning all!"

I wasn't usually this energetic in the morning, but I was feeling really excited for the day.

Remus muttered a morning, Sirius gave me a rude hand gesture, Peter squeaked and James replied with, "And what a pleasant morning it is too! Is Lily up yet?"

I looked at him and smiled, "No. She went back to her parents last night. Decided she didn't want to be a witch."

His face fell, before realising I was joking, then leaning over the table to pinch me.

I piled bacon, bread, beans, eggs and butter onto my plate and filled my goblet with pumpkin juice. Before long, the girls in my dormitory tripped sleepily into the hall and sat beside me, their eyes clouded with sleep. They didn't even notice it when I poured some of my pumpkin juice into their bowls of cereal.

 Professor McGonnagall came by, handing out timetables, and said, "Good morning students. I expect you to be punctual today, not finding your way is not an excuse," before leaving.

I looked at my timetable and saw that we had double potions in the dungeons first. I finished my breakfast then stood up, planning to go and get my stuff.

"Where are you going, Ollie?" I looked back to see Sirius looking at me inquiringly.

"To get potion-y things."

"I'll come too, I finished breakfast ages ago." He said and we set off to Gryffindor tower together.

I skipped ahead and let out a laugh. 

"How come you can be so lively so early?" Sirius said, before yawning unembarrassed.

"I can't believe I'm a witch going to a school for magic people to learn magic. I mean, come on, potions. Isn't that the most ridiculously epic thing ever?" I was usually quite good in the mornings, but this morning I felt as though I could do anything. I didn't do well at school, I had no friends apart from Remus and I was always picked on for being behind the others. But here, I was going to make an effort to do well.