The Potter Residence

"Hey, Oliver, I got you something!" I said, rushing into the classroom to sit beside him.

He was lying across the desk with his robes pulled as far up his head as he could bring them. It was the second to last class of the day, and all around Hogwarts, you could still spot people suffering from repercussions from the night before.

He groaned and rolled over a bit, opening his eyes as he leaned his head on his big arms.

I stifled a snigger at his appearance which made him groan again.

"You look like the shits." I commented and started looking in my backpack.

"Oh yeah? Well you don't look too good yourself." He said, and as I straightened up, his eye lingered on the plaster on my head. 

"Oh, it's nothing." I beamed. I was in a very good mood this morning. "Here, it's not much, nothing really, but I got you a little Christmas present!"

He raised his head off the desk and squinted at me. I handed him a little box. He opened it.

A small model broomstick hovered up out of it and floated around him.

He watched it for a little, a small smile playing on his lips. "You made this?"

"Yeah, yesterday evening before we all got fucked up." I laughed.

"Thanks so much, it's brilliant." He gave me a hug, and in his arms I felt like a piece of porcelain, like he was afraid to break me. Sirius always held me gently, but firmly.

We broke apart just as a teacher walked in to tell us that professor Tibble was in the hospital wing with vines growing out of his nostrils, and that the student or students responsible would be punished, and that today's lesson would be a self study lesson. 

I resisted the urge to cheer at the news, and Oliver and I spent the lesson quizzing each other til we were bored, and then we went out to the courtyard to show him a spell I'd learnt.

"Styraxis!" I whispered and pointed my wand at the frozen ground carpeted with snow. A few moments later, a green shoot grew out of the snow, and after a second it sprouted several white flowers.

"Hand me the flowerpot, will you?" I asked. We'd briefly visited the greenhouses to pick up a small flowerpot, much to Oliver's confusion.

He did, and I pointed my wand at the flower, which then, together with a lump of icy ground and snow floated into the pot. "Nixia." Snow began to fall above the flower.

I looked excitedly up at Oliver who grinned back at me. "Brilliant!"

Last lesson was ancient runes with Sirius so I sprinted up out of the courtyard to get to class on time, clutching the flower in my hands. Oliver had refused to accept it, as I would then have given him two gifts, and he none.

--

Stepping out of the fire in the Potter Residence was an experience like no other. I was the last to arrive using the floo network, and four happy and excited faces smiled at me as I walked out of the fireplace.

The room was comfortably warm and smelt like Christmas cookies and nutmeg. There was a large Christmas tree in the corner of the large living room, waiting to be decorated by us. The walls were tapered with flowered wallpaper, but not the ugly, grandma kind, and the floor was covered in beautiful Persian rugs. 

"You must be Olimpia, dear!" James' mother approached me with open arms and a beautiful smile on her strangely youthful face.

I smiled and hugged her back, saying, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Potter."