Chapter Ten

Next morning I woke up with answers from everyone lying on my my desk. Poor Randy must have been exhausted, I gave her a look of gratitude, at which she hooted softly and allowed me to stroke her softly on her head as I said read the letters.

Lily had written back in her neat, looped writing,

Dear Olimpia,

That sounds lovely! I'll see you tomorrow, but you best hope Potter behaves, or I'll scratch his eyes out.

Love, Lily

I snorted at the prospect of James behaving, then opened the next one,

Dear Ol,

I can't come tomorrow, my whole family is still hanging around, they expect me to entertain them. My mum promised she'd try to distract them a bit today, but said I'd do best to stay here one more day or my grandma would throw a fit.

Good luck with Sirius,

Septima.

I felt my face heat up a bit. God, if I couldn't even read his name on a piece of parchment, how could I face him! I wish I hadn't spoken to Lily and Septima about it that night, everything would probably be normal if they hadn't.. convinced me that I liked him.

Hey Ollie!

Yeah I'll definitely come, mum and dad have been trying to make me spend every hour of every day playing some board game. More like BORED game, get it? Anyway, I've got you a present, you better love it because I was completely stumped when I was trying to buy you something and ended up having to spending a lot of thought coming up with something.

See you soon, 

James.

I ate some of the chocolates that had fallen out of the letter- and blew away some confetti- then opened the final letter.

Count me in.

Sirius

I pondered a bit on the short reply, slightly disappointed, but assumed that he was in a bad mood with his parents, and was simply dying to get out of the house and wanted to send the owl back as soon as possible. 

"Do you fancy some ham for breakfast?" I asked Randy. She hooted excitedly. I put on a light grey v-neck T-shirt and a pair of blur bell-bottoms, then trotted down the stairs, Randy on my shoulder. I could hear mum in the shower so I risked the chance of zooming the jam over to me. I picked out some of the older ham for Randy to enjoy, and sat down to eat my breakfast. Just as I had finished, mum walked into the room, her hair poofy from the hair-dryer and cheeks rosy from the shower. "Have you eaten?"

I nodded, and got up to give her a 'good morning' hug, then went to brush my hair and wash my teeth. My hair was now too an almost platinum blonde, as it close to always was now. Before Hogwarts it was generally dark brown, and my before dull-grey eyes were now lighter, more alive. 

I tied my hair back into a high pony tail, before remembering that I was going to put on a hat when I left the house, and pulled the hair band out again. 

I quickly pulled on a pair of boots and the closest jacket and ran the short distance to Remus' house to see how he was and if he'd be able to come with us today.

"I'm so sorry, Olimpia, but Remus still isn't feeling well. We'll let him know you've come by though, and have a nice time at Diagon Alley."

I nodded, a bit disappointed, but jogged back to my house. By the time I had got back, mum was ready to leave, so I changed jackets (I had grabbed one of mums ones, which was large even for her) and put on my denim jacket which was lined with wool. I pulled on a grey beanie with a little poof on top, and wrapped the Gryffindor scarf around my neck. Just as I was opening the door, mum stopped me.