Don't worry, little biscuit

The next days at the barn passed all too quickly. The day after we had been at the lake, we spent indoors reading and telling each other scary stories because the sunshine had turned to a thunderstorm.

We were now all wandering around the barn gathering all of our stuff and packing it in our bags. We would drive back to Remus, the boys would gather the rest of their stuff, and then we would use Floo powder to get to the leaky cauldron where we would meet Peter, Remus' parents, and Lily.

Every morning, I had woken up early to exercise, though I had been severely tempted to stay inside on the day of the storm, and had wanted to go back inside every moment of it. This morning, Sirius had gone outside and joined me for a run, but had struggled when it came to the routine, admitting it to be much harder than it had looked.

"Oi, Ollie!" I walked over to the rest of them, dumping a random sock I had found into my trunk.

"Remus found his famiy's old brooms, you feel up for a little 'Pass the quaffle' before we drive back?" James asked excitedly.

I quite enjoyed riding brooms, my father and I had occasionally had to do it when we had to travel far for different missions, so I nodded enthusiastically.

"Oh, are any of you on the quidditch team by the way?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm chaser, Sirius is beater," James said with a proud smile, "Though I reckon I'd like to try out as seeker this year, and I really hope I'll be elected as team captain when the current one goes off next year."

"Oh, brilliant! I bet you will be, all you talked about in first year was quidditch!"

We all picked out a broom, they decided to be sweet and give me the best one- though I suspected they only did that because they thought I'd be rubbish. As we didn't actually have a quaffle, we used apples from the apple orchard not too far away.

We zoomed around, tossing apples at each other and testing our reflexes.

Just as James threw a particularly bad throw- Sirius had incidentally thrown a rotten apple at him moments before- I zoomed forwards and caught it.

"Blimey, Ollie, you should try out for the team!"

"Oh, I don't know James, it takes up a lot of time and you have to get up early." I replied, though feeling rather flattered.

"You get up early already, Ollie. Least you can do is try out!" Sirius called from the other side of the field.

"Well, maybe. I'll think about it." I said, smiling.

About half an hour later, we packed all our stuff into the car, and Sirius, Remus, and I braced ourselves for another long, bumpy drive- and, of course, James' singing.

Deciding I might as well do what I could to make the ride more enjoyable, I rolled up a joint of wizards weed, lit it, and took a drag.

"Pass it around, will you, O?" Remus said, looking extremely uncomfortable sitting in the middle this time, clutching onto one of the overhead bars of metal.

I passed it to Remus, who took a drag before passing it to Sirius.

"Are you guys smoking in the back?" James asked, though he didn't look back in fear of killing random old ladies.

"Sorry, James. You're driving so you don't get any, and well, you're driving so we need it." I said, feeling myself relax. I giggled a bit as a passing branch got tangled in Sirius' hair and he blew leaves out of his face.

"No, well. I wouldn't want to be stoned when meeting Remus' parents again for the first time in three years." James retorted.

I looked seriously over at Remus, who looked just as seriously back, his eyes as wide as saucers.

"Serious. Sirius." I whispered. The two boys giggled, and I began to giggle too, which quickly evolved into the three of us howling with laughter.

Remus then grabbed a lock of my hair. "It doesn't change colours any more," He pouted, "But your eyes do."

"The eyes are the windows to the soul Loony." I whispered, then changed my hair to a vibrant pink, which thoroughly amused both of the boys.

In no time at all, we were at Remus' house, and the boys jumped out of the car, dragging their bags. I heaved my trunk out of the back with one hand and grabbed my staff in the other. I walked past Remus, who had sat down in the grass, and asked, "Everything ok, Remulus?"

He sighed dramatically and said, "The bag is too heavy to carry on top of all my responsibilities!" He threw his hands up in the air and looked tragically around.

"Don't worry, little biscuit. I'll help you carry your bags." I said, taking hold of one of the straps of his bag with the hand holding my staff, and he took the other. He smiled happily at me.

We came into the kitchen and I waved my hands around, trying to gather everyone's attention, "Listen, listen!"

James looked up at me from the sofa, and Sirius and Remus gazed at me with wide eyes.

"I need to go to my house and look a bit around!" I announced, "But I don't want to go alone. It's too- it's too scary!"

Sirius jumped off the kitchen counter where he had been eating crackers, "I shall escort you, my dear lady, for the mess-head must rest after the journey and the clever one must pack his worldly possessions!"

I nodded my approval, and we walked out of the house, down the hill and to the front of my old house, our arms linked together.

"We must be very quiet, as not to waken anything," I whispered to Sirius, who nodded.

I looked under the empty, dirty flowerpot by the door and saw that the key had been left there over the years, and used it to open the green front door.

I had for some reason expected there to be dust and darkness everywhere, but the place was just as it had been: clean and full of warm sunlight. All the colours seemed to vibrant, and I stroked the wall, enjoying how much like a wall it felt. Solid, old, and reliable.

I walked up the stairs to my room, Sirius following behind me. He stopped, however, when he came to the doorway to my room.

"What are you waiting for, Noir?" I asked.

"A gentleman must always have a lady's permission to enter her chamber."

"If you mean my bedroom, and not my vagina, you have it!" He giggled and clapped his hands to his mouth when I said vagina.

I looked around the room, taking in all the details and memories. They seemed somewhat warped, either by time or by the drug: I could not tell.

Sirius had picked up one of my old pairs of glasses, "You don't need glasses any more?"

I tapped my eyeball, then winced at the sudden stinging, realising it was a ridiculously stupid idea. "Contact lenses."

"Those clever, clever muggles." He sighed, putting them back down again.