Chapter Six

Olimpia's POV

I climbed up the winding staircase, replaying what Sirius had done, and how quickly he'd made his escape. What was up with him? He always played so cool, it was so unlike him.

I opened the door to my dormitory and tip-toed silently in after realising that everyone was asleep. It really was late.

As quietly as I could, I scooped up my pyjamas, then walked into the bathroom to get ready for bed. While I was brushing my teeth, I considered waking up Septima to talk to her. She was the one I had grown closest to out of everyone at Hogwarts, apart from Remus, that is. I pushed the thought to one side; she'd seemed quite tired earlier in the evening. I glanced at myself in the mirror before leaving the bathroom, and realised that my eyebrows were furrowed by all the thoughts racing in my head.

I dumped my robes into my chest, then crept into my already warm bed, and tried to relax under the thick, warm sheets.

But I couldn't.

After staring at the ceiling for ten minutes -which felt like an infinite amount of time in the dark, still dormitory- I crept out of my bed again, and walked carefully over to the neighbouring bed, Septima's. I shook her lightly, and I could see her amber-y-hazel eyes open slowly.

"Can I come in?" I whispered tentatively, and she rolled over, to make space for me to crawl in beside her.

"What's up? What were you doing all night?" She whispered in a slightly hoarse voice as she wrapped her warm legs around my still cold feet.

And so I told her everything about how Sirius had been playfully teasing me all night, and how how he'd told me to stay so that he could play with Mallory, but then pushed her away to make space for me, and how he'd blushed when I pointed it out, then wrapped it all up with the kiss on my head.

She giggled a little, "Do you think he's got the hots for you?"

I stayed silent, a little stunned. Sure, the thought had crossed my mind, but when it came from Septima it was different. "I don't know."

"Do you think you might have the hots for him?" She asked, and I could see her grinning mischievously at me through the darkness. I pushed her away playfully and made a whine-y sound, and she giggled some more. I hid under her duvet, and she followed me under, and lit her wand, with a 'lumos'.

"I wouldn't blame you if you did, he's so nice to you. And so handsome."

I whined some more, but she continued none-the-less. "Almost all the first year girls - some of the second years too - have spoken about him once since the start of the year. Some have even gone up to him and told him that they like him, but he hasn't shown any interest in any of them. Other than you."

"Don't be silly, Sirius doesn't like me, I'm his friend."

"But you like him.." She purred.

"Maybe a little.." I could feel myself blush under the wandlight as I said it, and Septima giggled harder than before.

"Shut it, you two, we're trying to sleep. We do have lessons tomorrow you know."

Lily had woken up.

We both threw the duvet off our heads and shushed her, "You'll wake up the others, and no we don't Lily, it's Saturday tomorrow. So you shut it, or come over here," Septima said.

I heard muffled footsteps approach the bed, and Lily crawled in from the foot of the bed; she slept opposite Septima.

"Alright then, what are we talking about?"

"I think I might fancy Sirius." I confessed before I could stop myself, and Lily giggled even more than Septima. I shushed them both.

"You 'think you might fancy him'. Well it's quite obvious you do, and that he likes you back. You should tell him." Lily told me bracingly.

"Wha- what do you mean it's obvious. Does everyone talk about us or something."

"No, don't worry, it's only obvious to us girls in here, we actually bet on how long it would take for you to realise."

"How long?"

"Since the second day," Septima told me, grinning smugly.

"And you never told me?!" I felt scandalised!

"Nooo, of course not, you had to figure it out yourself, so are you going to tell him?" Lily said business like.

"No. I- I don't even know if I like him," I continued before the others could protest at this, "And even if I do, I don't want to risk ruining our friendship. I mean to say we're eleven! Actually, I'm not even eleven, I'm ten until November. I think I'll just wait a while, you know til we're older and can have a proper relationship."

At this the other two groaned, and Lily spoke, "But you'll be adorable together, besides why do you have to think of things like age, it's just a number!"

"Look, I don't feel comfortable telling him anything yet. And if I were to do that, what would I even say? 'Hey Sirius, I like you' and giggle like all the other girls?"

"Well I don't know about Lily, but I'm not even going to use my brain energy on an answer to that until I know you're going to do something about it," Septima said in a sort of imitation of McGonnagal when you try to explain why your homework was incomplete.

Lily nodded.

"Uggh. Fine. I'll think about it. But don't you two go spreading rumours now!" I said exasperatedly. 

"I swear on my mothers milk, your secret is safe," Septima said grinning. She always had such odd phrases.

"Yeah, uhm. Me too? I think..?" Said Lily, smiling uncertainly.

"Thanks. What makes you think he likes me anyway?"

"Oh you know, only the way he looks at you, smiles when you walk into the room, make excuses to be with you at any point of time. Oh and perhaps him kissing you was a slight give-away." Septima spoke, words dripping in sarcasm.

"He WHAT??" Lily whisper-shouted.

"Only on the forehead," I quickly informed her, feeling a little flushed as I replayed it again in my head.

"OH MY GOD. I can't believe you forgot to mention this to me?? It's a vital piece of information in this mission."

"What mission?"

"The 'Sirius and Ollie kissing in a tree' mission," Septima grinned maleficently.

"You even have a name for it? Merlin.." I yawned widely, "Well I'm pretty tired now.. So, sleep tight."

"You both want to sleep in this bed?" Septima asked, and Lily crept up to lie beside me.

"I am, and Ollie has no choice now, we've trapped her," she giggled.

I giggled too, then murmured a 'good night' and sunk into the soft pillow.

Before long I felt sleep consume me in a warm embrace.

**A/N**

Ok I know I said I'd update every 1/2 weeks.

I lied.

Sorry!!

Since it's summer, I'll try to get into the habit of doing it, then keeping up with updating once school starts.

I should have more time to update now that I'm starting at a new school five minutes away rather than an hour away, I have wasted way too many hours on long bus rides.

Anyway, 

Love y'all,

21st Century Marauder