1

the next day

ariana's POV

i spent all night confusing myself over a stupid text message, which was most likely from some horny teenager. like, why did they text me, and how did they even get my number? i haven't checked my phone since last night, so i don't know if they have left me anymore messages.

anyway, it is currently the 14th of november, meaning that justin bieber's new album purpose dropped yesterday. i am a huge belieber; i honestly don't think it's even healthy. i am not one of those fake ass fans, who mocked him a few years ago, and have now only started to like him because of his recent looks, or after his latest single What Do You Mean or WAUN. his looks are just a bonus; his music and his personality matter the most. he could be the most ugliest dude in the world, but i would still love him the same. anyhow, i didn't get the chance to listen to it yesterday so that's today's motive.

i eventually take my phone off of charge, to see that i have two unread messages from the unknown number from last night. i hesitantly unlocked my phone, and went onto my messages.

323-661-9001: sorry, i was drunk.

323-661-9001: just forget i ever texted you

that all makes sense now. well, kind of. it's strange that out of all people, he managed to type in my exact number. but even though they told me to forget that this happened, i was still keen to know more about this mystery person, and so i texted back.

me: a bit strange, but it is okay.

me: we can still be friends?

i then left my phone on my bed and got up. you know in those movies when someone wakes up almost without a struggle? they just get up, stretch and hop out of bed. well that's not me. at all. i legit wake up, go back to sleep, then wake up eventually after. i think about something for a bit, then get my phone. i go on my phone for like the longest time, before I finally crawl out of bed, and start to participate in life's reality.

i went downstairs and walked around the house for a bit, trying to find my mother.

where is she? i called her name a few times, but got no answer.

shrugging my shoulders, i headed into the kitchen because i was extremely hungry and craved a coffee.

as i collected all the stuff i needed to make my breakfast- which was going to be an omelette-i noticed a note on the fridge. i peeled it off, and began to read the familiar neat handwriting.

won't be around for a month, on a business trip. i have put money on your card, and stocked up the fridge. take care, miss you already!

i love you - mom x

see my mum is a CEO for a technology business, meaning that she is barely around. me and my mom live in a house alone, since my brother moved out when he was 22 with his boyfriend. i mean, it's not the biggest deal because i can live by myself, i am 22 after all. i would move out, but that would just mean my mom would have to live in this big house alone, and there's just no point.

"alexa, play dance for you by beyonce". i spoke aloud to my echo, before it responded by playing the song.

i began to whisk eggs in a bowl, frying a few onions on the stove before adding the eggs to make my omelette. once i was done, i made myself a coffee and went back upstairs. i jumped onto my bed and grabbed my phone, and began to eat my food. i scrolled through my instagram feed, until i got the notification that i had one new message from the unknown number.

323-661-9001: no thanks, i don't think that's a good idea...

what did they mean? and why were they being so rude?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay this is chapter one! this isn't the normal format, it will change soon x

hope you enjoy this story, and love u x

oh! and some things in this story may not be the same as the people in real life. for example, ariana follows the vegan diet in real liife, but she isn't going to be doing so in this story x

-lai x