48 // finale part one

everything was peaceful. the only colour that my surroundings consisted of was white. clouds were everywhere. what floated beneath my feet, what flew above me and was all i could see even from a distance.

i dont know how i got here to be honest. all i remember was seeing black. and then i was suddenly in a church. i was standing by the alter and all of a sudden the back window of the church flew open rapidly. a bright light emerged from the windows and shone on nothing else but me, diming the other subjects in the church.

i slowly took one stop towards the window, it was if i couldnt help myself. as much as i tried to stop walking i couldn't. it was almost as if i was being pushed along. but slowly strolling towards the light.

once i stood before the window, and voice in my head told me to climb up

once i stood before the window, and voice in my head told me to climb up. so i did: like i said without wanting to.

i gulped loudly, which echoed harshly throughout my ears. what was happening?

as i climbed up on the window ledge a voice told me to jump. but i didnt, instead i felt a gust of strong wind and i lost balance and fell through the window.

but instead of falling down, i floated and i had no idea where i was going.

and thats what lead me here. to this cloudy area. i started walk, unaware of where i had to go but my instincts told me to walk.

all of a sudden, from nowhere, i heard giggles of a boy and a girl. i looked up and gasped when i saw visuals of me and justin. i know it was justin because i remember the moment we shared together in my room that day. justin. fuck i miss him.

and that's when i heard his voice. but was it really his voice? or do i miss him so much that im imagining things?

ariana please wake up

i heard his voice again.

am i dead? am i in heaven? i cant be. i need more time. i still have so much to do this cannot be happening.

ariana i love you im sorry. please come back to me

i heard his voice again, but this time he seemed upset.

i tried to say something back, but no noise came out of my mouth. i tried again but still, nothing. i screamed and again, nothing came out.

i had no idea what to do so i began to breathe in and out heavily.

then something began to happen. as i thought of justin, my family and friends more and more, the clouds began to disappear. everytime an element of white would disappear, a blurry sight would appear.

the white fully disappeared, and my vision was still blurry but i could work out that i was in a room. a hospital room.

i looked around and saw a male figure sitting at the edge of my bed: hands in his hands, crying. i started to see things clearer and clearer by the second, and thats when i realised that the man was justin.

"j-justin". i croaked, my throat extremely dry and my voice sounding hoarse.

his head shot up and looked in my direction with hope.

justin's face brightened up and he immediately hugged me. i was weak but tried my hardest hug him back.

"you're awake baby. i've missed you so much". he cried, making me wonder why he missed me so much.

i looked over at the wall, and saw that there was a calendar where the date read september 14th. i was out for three months? three months since the incident, three months since jason kidnapped me and since i was free.

"j-justin. are y-you and jason t-twins?" i managed to blurt out.

his eyes widen but he recovered his reaction.

"of course not. why would you think that?" justin blantantly lied.

does he think im stupid or something?

i took a deep breath and looked him straight in the eye.

"dont lie to me". i sternly said.

"im not lying!" he raised his voice slightly.

as i was just about to reply, a girl with tattoos all over her body came bursting into the room. i recognised her! it was that ruby, from jason's gang. what was she doing here? and why does she have a gun?

"this was jason's one wish. to make sure that if he ever died, you'd die with him". ruby spoke, before aiming the gun at justin and pulling the trigger.

she ran out.

"JUSTIN!" i screamed and sobbed, jumping up, as he lay on the ground dead with a bullet in his head.