Chapter 5

I woke up on the couch. Right. I put myself here. I went back into the room to check on Audrey. But you know what happens when you leave a girl alone who bottles up her emotions? She cries.

"Audrey." I said walking over to her.

"You left!" She snapped.

"It didn't seem like you wanted me Audrey." I said picking her up as she hit my chest with her tiny hands compared to mine at least.

"Leave me alone. I hate you." Audrey said.

"Audrey-"

"Go away." She said putting a pillow over her head.

"Don't shut me out." I said softly.

I took the pillow off of her head after fighting her for it and I turned her over.

"I love you." I said.

"Then why'd you leave?!" Audrey snapped.

"You didn't want me and I was mad ok?! I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I whispered kissing her forehead.

"Can you hold me?" Audrey asked.

I nodded and pulled her close and started stroking her hair.

"I love you. Don't leave me." Audrey said crying.

"I love you more. I'd never. You need to let it out though. It's been there for 3 years." I said kissing her forehead.

"I got your shirt wet." Audrey said.

"It's ok. Because your special." I whispered and crashed my lips on hers.
*************************
Audrey's Pov

After cuddles kisses and letting it all out I felt good. You know I feel like I'm a new person.

My Mom called me.

"Baby." Mom said.

"Don't call me." I snapped at her.

"Can we please meet up again?" Mom asked.

"No-"

Jake kissed me.

"Please." He whispered.

"Ok. My boyfriend wants me to talk to you. Uh... where?" I asked.

"My house." She said.

"Oh hell no I'm bringing Jake with me." I said.

She chuckled.

"He's a sweet guy." Mom said.

"I know what the hell my boyfriend is. Just don't know why he loves me. But he's always kinda been an idiot." I said.

"I'm not an idiot. Any guy in there right mind would fall in love with you." Jake defended. I guess Mom heard because she laughed.

"You kids are cute. The house is just by your college. You'll know it when you see it." She promised. I nodded and hung up.

"I fucking hate you Jake!" I snapped at him.

"So you don't want to talk to your own Mom?" Jake asked.

"I don't like her. She's selfish." I snapped.

"She's a nice woman who's trying to get in contact with you. But you keep pushing her away so I'm gonna push you towards her. I want to see you happy." Jake said. He smiled at me and pecked my lips.

"The way I saw you this morning I never want to see you like that again. I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I said and he smiled again wider this time.

"Let's go." Jake said grabbing my hand.
*************
We eventually got to the house. It's kinda creepy that she lived by my college.

Gosh I hate this woman.

I knocked on the door.

"It might go better." Jake said. He kissed my forehead.

"I really need to know how to not be effected by your kisses." I muttered. Jake chuckled and Mom soon opened the door.

"Hi." She said smiling.

Bitch don't smile at me. She frowned a bit.

"Sorry." Jake said.

"It's ok." Mom said smiling.

Jake glared at me and I glared back at him.

I told you I don't like her. My eyes said.

Well be nice. Jakes eyes said. Weird how we can talk like this.

Mom laughed but went to the kitchen to get lemonade.

"Here." Mom said.

"No thanks." I said.

"Audrey." Jake said glaring at me. I rolled my eyes and took the glass of lemonade.

"Uh thanks Mom." I said. I saw that she was trying to hide her smile when I called her Mom. What the hell does she want me to call her? Rag? She's my Mom but I just hate her.

"Jake could you leave please?" I asked.

"I'll be in the car tiger." Jake said. He kissed my forehead and I hugged him.

He walked out of the house. Mom just looked at me. Stared.

"Where's Aubrey?" Mom asked.

"With my friends brother Jason Brooks and his girlfriend Kayla Eugene." I said.

"Why do you trust him so much more than your own mother?" Mom asked.

"Because he loves Aubrey and he looks after her and he looks after me too like a sister. He never left me Mom." I snapped.

Tears welled up in her eyes and I didn't feel sorry for her.

"I'm sorry." Mom said.

"You want to be there?" I asked.

"I know where this is going and I know I wasn't at that game. I thought you didn't want to see me again." Mom said.

"You thought I didn't want to see you again? I looked like a fucking lost puppy. Every five seconds I'd look for you and I'd have to watch Alexa's whole family literally cheer her on." I snapped.

"I didn't want to bother you. But I've been fighting for you and Aubrey for three years and you've told me you hated me every time." Mom said.

"What the hell did I tell you at Starbucks? What did I tell you?! And then you messed it up! I told you I loved you and I meant it. I saw how hard you were trying. But then you just gave up." I snapped at her.

"I didn't think you meant it." Mom said quietly.

"You didn't think I meant it? So I just go around giving out free I love you's?!" I yelled at Mom.

"No I didn't say that." Mom said quietly.

"Then what're you trying to say?" I asked.

"I'm trying to say you were kind of mad at me." Mom said.

"So I was mad. That doesn't mean I don't at least care about you." I said.

Mom looked at me with a smile.

"Do you care?" Mom asked.

"Yeah. A little. A little I said." I said quickly and Mom laughed.

"I'll take it." She said smiling.