Chapter 26

Aubrey's Pov

"Aubrey... you killed him." Jake said.

"I'm a criminal." I said as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Oh hell no you're not a criminal he held you hostage now wipe them damn tears because I swear if they fall it's not gonna be cute." Audrey snapped.

"Audrey." Jake said glaring at her.

"Guy held her hostage and she killed him. Now she's the criminal. She's crying for nothing." Audrey snapped at Jake.

Audrey's Pov

"Don't do that to her." Jake said.

"Do what? Not baby her like the rest of you guys do?! That's not how I raise-take care of my sister." I snapped correcting myself.

"I'm just saying not to be to hard on her. She's a little girl!" Jake yelled.

"I know how I take care of my little girl and you're not going to yell at me." I said.

"You are such a hard ass it's ridiculous. The poor girl thinks she's a criminal and all you can do is tell her that she's not a criminal and suck it up." Jake snapped.

I ignored him and took Aubrey to the car and sat her in the back. She was a little scared but she was never scared of me.

"You're not a criminal. I promise. Now stop crying." I said.

She nodded.

"Really Audrey?" Jake asked glaring at me.

"I'm this close to popping your head off your god damn body if you say something about how I take care of my little girl. Try me Jake." I said. Jake just rolled his eyes but he shut up. Good.

Aubrey was ok. She's ok. I let out a breath of relief as I put a bandaid on her cheek on rocked her slowly as she fell asleep.

"Tiger you should get some sleep. I got her." Jake said.

"Jake I'm fine." I snapped.

"Why do you do that? You just ball them up. Just put your emotions in the bottle." Jake said sighing.

"I'm not bottling anything up. I'm fine. Aubrey's fine." I said.

"I'm not arguing with you Audrey. You need to get some rest. I'm not asking you I'm telling you. I won't hurt Aubrey." Jake promised. He had this charm in his voice that made me want to do it.

He pecked my lips before picking me up bridal style and softly placing me on the bed. I felt my body being exposed to the cool air as he changed me. It was soon covered again and I was warm.

He quietly walked out of the room.