Chapter 36

Aubrey's Pov

I closed my locker putting my head against it. There's been a lot of tears this weekend. Teddy Bear bought me ice cream.

"Hey." Jared said. Honestly I want to snap at him but that's not best.
"Hey Jared." I said.

"Um are you ok?" Jared asked. I lied and nodded. "Thanks. I should get to class." I said. "Aubrey-" I ran off before he could say anything.

I ran as fast as I could through people as if I would die. Eventually I got tired but I was at class. So I walked in without thinking and out of breath.

I stumbled over to Jasmine Esther and Annie.

"What happened?" Annie asked.

"I was running." I answered not wanting to say anymore. Annie noticed that because she just nodded.
***********************
"So what'd you do this weekend?" Esther asked smiling at me.

"Um... I was doing homework! Yes I was failing English." I said. It was kind of true. I had a 99 after all.

"So when are you gonna stop lying?" Jasmine asked. I started playing with my hair.

"Um I wasn't lying." I said. "Then why're you so nervous?" Annie asked. I glared at all the 3 of them and sighed. "I don't like to bring it up ok?" I snapped.

"Ok ok ok." Annie said. "Sorry. You girls really can't take a hint at times though." I said glaring at them. Jasmine laughed.

"Fine does Jared know?" She asked. "Jared's been trying to figure it out. And his gray eyes are quite intimidating now." I said. We soon got to the cafeteria.

I saw Jared and his friends hanging out. We walked over to them and I knew Jared was looking at me.

"Hey." I said looking up at him. "Hey. Are you... ok?" Jared asked. I shook my head no and I felt the tears coming. I blinked them back girl.

"Hey it's ok." He whispered quietly. He pecked my cheek.

"Aww isn't that cute?" Sadie asked smiling sweetly. "Just shut up Sadie." Annie snapped glaring at her.

"I'm just admiring the future couple." Sadie defended smiling. That sick evil smile that I hated.

"Better listen to Annie." Jared snapped.

"Oh Jared. Would you really hit me?" Sadie asked smirking. "Yes I would." Jared said with his fists clenched. Sadie's eyes flashed with fear but I grabbed Jared's arm.

"Stop it Jared." I said. He didn't listen though as he walked closer to her.

"Jared stop it." I said louder. "You are so lucky." Jared gritted. Sadie just smirked.

"Good luck. Mates." She said smirking before walking off. I nodded. I know what's up. Let's see how long it takes for Jared to tell me.

Jared looked at me worried but I gave him a 'confused' look making him let out a breath of relief.
*********************
After school we went to Jared's house. His parents were cool.

"Hey Aubrey." His Dad said smiling.

"Um hey. Mr.Jones. Mrs.Jones." I said smiling. I saw little kids running in. "Hey Aubrey." They said.

"Aww. Aren't you so cute?" I asked. I threw her in the air kissing her all over her face and she giggled. "What do you think of Jared?" She asked smirking.

"He's an ok boy." I said smiling at her. Thinks I don't know.

"We have a huge family." Mr.Jones said.

"Pack." I coughed quickly.

"Excuse me?" He asked.

"Oh I had something in my throat that's all." I answered smiling.

He nodded looking slightly worried. "So you like my parents?" Jared asked smiling and I nodded. "There really sweet and I love these little kids." I said smiling. One jumped on my back and I laughed.

"Hey."  I said smiling.

"Hi Aubry. Jared has told me a lot about you." She said smiling. "Oh he did? Wow." I said chuckling. She ran off.

"Can you stay?" Jared asked.

"Um... I'll ask." I said quietly.

I called Audrey. "Yes baby?" Audrey asked.

"Can I stay at Jared's house?" I asked. "Oh hell no. What the hell is this? You think you can go from friend to friend to friends house I'm going to need-Jake don't kiss me." Audrey said. Jake chuckled and I smiled.

"She's never had so much fun. And it's Jared." Jake said. "Wait is Jared the kid I slapped?" Audrey asked. "Yeah." Jake and I both said.

"Fine. Fine just go. Leave me here with Jake. Are you happy baby? No just tell me if you're happy. Idiot Jake." Audrey said. It sounded like she pushed him and punched him.

"Ok tiger sorry. You owe me Aubrey." Jake said. "Ok. Love birds have fun." I said. It sounded like they already were. Gross.

I pressed end with my nose scrunched up.

"Um I can stay." I said smiling. He smiled. "I'll get you some of my clothes." He said smiling.