Chapter 37

3 months later

Alexa's Pov

Things were getting worse as I ran more yards in football. In just 3 months I'd ran over 20,000 yards. Media was everywhere because I beat Walter Payton's record. They were at my practice.

Audrey and Jayden had both caught over 1000 touchdown passes and that meant Jake had three over 1000 touchdown passes.

People really hated us girls. Because we're girls but some people adored us and said we were great examples.

Coach was making me go through obstacles to build my stamina.

The defensive players were working on tackling and what not. Audrey and Jayden were catching balls that Jake threw at them.

We decided to just practice as a whole team though like we were playing a 'game' so Coach could see how good our defense and offense was.

"It could be better! Come on Guys!" Coach yelled.

I nodded as the media took pictures. "Play offs are starting in two months. You guys are not going to playing that bad! 64 teams and only one winner!" Coach yelled.

Damn that's a lot of teams. And throw my wedding in there it's kind of scary. But I'll live.
******************
Aubrey's Pov

I woke up to Jared watching me. That's not creepy. Not at all. Only because he's doing.

"Hey beautiful." He said smiling. "Hey." I said smiling softly.

"You want to talk about yesterday?" Jared asked quietly. I didn't say anything but I only looked down.

He put a hand on my chin and lifted my face up. "You don't have to." Jared said.

"Um it's ok. This weekend I had a lot going on with my sister. Our grand parents died and there's not a lot of people left in my family. The only thing I remembered is my grandmother telling me I'm special. I don't know any of them." I said.

"Come here." Jared said smiling. He pulled me close to him and I put my head on his chest as a tear left my eye.

"It's ok. Come on I'm gonna show you something. Something special." He whispered and I smiled.

He dragged me outside and I was in his shirt and pants.

He threw a beanie on his messed up hair and I smiled.

"Are we aloud to do this?" I asked Jared. He nodded and brought me outside. There was a big garden. It has many flowers and I saw bees pollinating the flowers and helping them reproduce.

"Cool right?" Jared asked. I nodded smiling. "It's great. I used to do this with my family. We had a little garden and we'd run around looking at the butterflies and bees all around." I said smiling.

Flashback

"Daddy look!" Audrey yelled. I giggled.

"Aww that's cute baby." Dad said smiling.

"The butterflies are flying around each other." Audrey said smiling.

"That's cute."  Dad said smiling.

"It is David." Mom said smiling. The butterfly flew on my hand and I looked at it curiously before I wobbled around.

The butterflies brushed my finger.

"It's smiling Aubrey." Mom said picking me up. I giggled like always.

End of flash back

I wiped a way a tear as I smiled. "What happened?" Jared asked.

"A lot happened." I said quietly.

"Do you want to tell me?" He asked quietly. I nodded. "But you can't tell anyone." I said. "I promise." Jared said.

"My Mom left us and Dad had started abusing us. He was evil. And he was so mean. After a while they got worse and when my sister was 16 three years back she made a friend Alexa. The running back. We stayed at her house. And he kidnapped me while Audrey went to school. So Audrey left school and I was having a panic attack. And she was out in a room but Audrey's a strong girl.  She punched the door and got out. And her friends were helping her get me. So my sister had to shoot him. And he died." I said quietly.

"So where's your Mom?" Jared asked.

"Well she was at the funeral. She can back a little while ago but it was this year." I answered.

"That's a lot." Jared said.

"Yeah I know. I've been told quite a lot of lies." I said looking at Jared. Jared just nodded. Still not telling me huh? I chuckled.

"But it's ok. Isn't it Jared? We're still alive." I said smiling. "That's right beautiful." Jared said. He kissed my cheek.

"We should go back inside before someone catches us." I said quietly. "What are you kids doing out here?" Jared's Dad asked.

"We were just uh... hanging o-out sir." I stuttered.

He laughed. "You guys are so cute." He said smiling. Jared smiled down at me and I smiled back at up at him. I reached up and kissed his cheek.

"Come on let's get back inside. And Jared if you're taking her outside alone just tell me." He said. Jared nodded still smiling at me.

We walked back inside still smiling laughing and talking as we held hands.

"Oh look at that." Jasmine said smirking at Jared and I.

"We were just hanging out." I defended.

Jasmine rolled her eyes. "Whatever you say."