The Show (A Katy Perry Fanfic)

My name is Katheryn,

Also known as Katy, I love my name because I share the it with my favourite celebrity. Katy Perry.
She is my inspiration and I feel like I know her! it's stupid, I know. She has millions of fans (Katycats) just like me, an average 9 year old. But I feel connected with her, and I know one day I will meet her. I was adopted and I have no idea who my birth mum is, but I know she gave me away because she had to, not because she wanted to.

The woman who took me under wing is named Anne Louise. She isn't very young but not too old either, she is 58. And lately she has been very sick. She has no adult to look after her 24/7 because my dad left us for no reason, he just left and never came back. And that shattered my mums poor old heart.

One day she got very very sick and we had to go into the hospital. She was told she had Breast Cancer. I was heart broken and worried I might loose my mother as well as my father. She could have surgery, but we couldn't afford it.

That night we stayed at the hospital and I slept in one of the spare beds beside her. I say slept, But I didn't sleep at all, Instead I stayed up and thought about my mother and how we can get the money. Then it hit me, I'm not being up myself, but I could sing. I had music lessons and I had a passion for singing, I still do. I was thinking of singing on the streets for money, but it wouldn't pay the bill. I decided to sign up for Americas Got Talent.

The next morning I woke up, almost excited to tell my mom what I was going to do.

"mum, wake up! I have an idea" I whispered.

"what is it honey?" my mother said weakly.

"I am going to pay for your surgery!"

"that's sweet love, but you only get $2 a week"

I looked at her and I could tell she didn't want to leave this earth yet.

"no mom! I'm going to go on Americas Got Talent"

"good idea, but how will that help?"

"I will try to win! and use the money for your surgery"

My mom looked at me in disbelief. I know I what she was thinking. She was thinking, 'how could a nine year old little girl, beat some very well trained professionals'.Well I was determined, and I know that Katy says to follow your dreams, I have heard it from many celebrates, but I believe that katy actually means it from the bottom of her heart.

The next day I got on my laptop and signed up straight away. The auditions were in 3 months. I have the Perfect song to sing. It will melt the judges hearts and show my talent. I was going to sing my favourite song by Katy, Firework.

*3 months later*

I walk up on stage, I see four judges! I only thought there would be three, but there she was, right In front of me. I had no idea she would be here. Katy Perry was looking at me in the eyes and smiling. This was embarrassing. I was about to sing her own song. right before her eyes.