chapter 3

Katheryn's POV

I go off stage and sit on a couch for a minute or two and think about what happened. My idol just came up and hugged me very tight, almost to tight. I didn't want to let go, I wanted to know her and be friends with her. But this is Katy Perry, and I'm just Katheryn Graff. Then I remembered, I had to go to Katy's dress room. I wonder what she wants, maybe she will just congratulate me and maybe sign something, I don't know what she was doing but I was excited.

I walked down a hall way for around two minutes, then I found a door that said Katy Perry. She said her friend Johnny would be there, I didn't know she meant Johnny Wujec, he is amazing and I'm a fan of his too. I walked up to him and he smiled at me and said.

"I know who you are don't worry".

"okay thanks, I'm a big fan by the way" why did I say that!?! things just keep slipping out of my mouth today.

"aww thanks sweetie, help your self to her fridge but don't drink the alcohol down the bottom" he said and winked at me.

I walked in and there was a small lady with brown hair on the couch eating junk food. This wasn't Katy, It was her best friend Shannon Woodward.

"Katy you have to come see this, it's about a cat who can play California Gurls on the piano!" she said excitedly.

"Umm sorry I'm not katy, I'm Ka-" then she cut me off.

"Oh Katheryn sweetie, sorry I thought you were katy".

"Haha it's okay" I giggled.

"Come sit" she patted the spot next to her and we watched the cat play, it was actually hilarious. we laughed so much and then we heard katy come In.

"I see you have made a new friend Shannon" she said sarcastically.

"Yep! she can replace you, she is just like you but cuter!". We all laughed except Katy. I wonder why she wants me here.

"Shannon can you please leave for a minute or two"

"No! I don't want to". she said in a child like voice.

"don't make me count to three" Katy played along with the whole child thing.

"do it!" these two were so funny.

"one" she moved a bit closer to Shannon.

"two" she is now right next to Shannon.

"Three!" she picked her up and handed her to Johnny. Gee, she would be a great mother.

Then she came over to me and tossed me a juice box whilst drinking one her self.

"Hey, you were amazing" Katy said as she crossed her legs and turned into me .

"Thanks, you were the one who inspired me to sing".

"don't give up singing you have talent girl."

We talked about the show and her career. She told me about her new Album coming up called Prism. Then a serious face took over.

"I heard about your mum, and I want to pay for her surgery" she said so sweetly. I couldn't help but cry. I cried and cried in the arms of Katy Perry, it didn't feel like Katy it felt like a motherly hug . It felt better then the hugs I get from my mum.

My arms were around her waist, and hers were rubbing my back and then she kissed me on the top of my head.

"Everything's going to be okay baby" she said 'baby' I liked that. it made me feel loved. I never felt this with my mum. I couldn't reply I was too deep In my tears.

"Hey, hey shhhhh it's going to be okay, I promise. Now I have to go soon but here's the money and my number text me when you get back, I want to know if Anne is okay" Then she helped me up and gave me one last goodbye hug and some tissues. With that she was gone.

*Katys POV*

Why did I let her go, I didn't tell her I was her mom, I didn't tell her that I was sorry and that I want to keep in touch. I made her cry and gave her some money and tissues. I'm a horrible mom, even if she doesn't know it yet and I want to fix that. I didn't get her number, so I have to wait for her to call or text me. I started to cry because I thought I would never see my daughter again. Then Shannon came in.

"What did you too to the poor kid Katy, she is crying her little eye balls out!" she laughed, then she turned serious,

"Did you too get in a cat fight?" she said this again, hoping I would answer, but I couldn't I was too deep in my tears, just like Katheryn was.

"She's gone Shan!" I whispered into her neck as she hugged me.

"well, you know people come and leave, it's just a little girl." she said, not knowing it was my daughter.

"I thinks she's my daughter Shannon!" that's all I could force out.

"Well... she got through didn't she?" then it hit me! I will see her again! I was so happy now. Shannon always Cheered me up.

*one day later*

I got a text from an unknown number, it was Katheryn. it read

"Hey Katy, thanks for the money but she passed away last night."

My heart stopped and I had to call her. I called her and she answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey sweets, it Katy"

"Oh hi"

"I'm so sorry about your mum"

"Thanks you but there is no need, the doctors told us she was pretty much gone a few days ago"

"Sweetie? who is at the hospital with you?" I knew her dad left her. Her mom and I used to talk.

"No one, I was thinking of just going home"

"No you can't do that, I'm coming now. Text me the details"

I came straight away, Katheryn ran straight into my arms. She was so light and small, I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around my waist, resting her head on my shoulder, crying for her mother, crying because she had no where to go, crying because she had no one. All she said was

"I have no home" she wept and repeated that about 7 times. I knew what I had to do. I had to take her back and make her mine. I know it's a bold move and totally risky but I honestly could think of anything else.