Insects vs reptiles Momotaru x reader

An: sorry if you don't like reptiles or amphibians lol

You were sitting by the lake holding a small corn snake, you admire the orange coloured snake as it wraps itself around your arm playfully.

The snake slithers off of you as it leaves, you pout slightly and follow it. As you follow the snake you over hear a someone talk to...... Himself?

"OMG look at this beetle!!!" He picks it up putting it in a jar. You look at the orange haired boy thinking he's crazy for conserving such a creepy looking creature.

Then again you shouldn't be one to talk thinking about, people thought you were fucking crazy handling such a dangerous animal as it was a baby puppy. It didn't bother you really, who needs friends.

But you still prefer reptiles over insects. Let's just say you didn't get along with them when you were young.

10 years ago

You smiles playing around in the backyard, it was like your mini jungle, you felt like an explorer.

But that was about to end... You were laying against a tree till you felt something crawling on you. You just thought it was a simple bug or a salamander, so you just shrug it off.

Until it started moving faster around you as you felt it's sticky legs on your neck you jump throwing it off you getting up from the tree seeing..... fucking cockroaches not just 2 but damn near 50 of them.

You wanted to keep your cool until *squish* you move your feet and see you stepped on one, you look up at the tree and you could've swore they were all looking at you. Then the unthinkable happened...

They all started to fly..FLY towards you. You had ran for your dear life until you made it inside your home safely...

Present day

So basically that's why you are afraid of insects... You look up at the boy and giggle "you sure are obsessed with bugs" he jumped and looked at you. He looked at you and blushes mumbling "woah".

"Earth to bug boy earth to bug boy" you wave your hands in front if his face as you get him out of his thoughts, he gets completely flushed at the fact he had been staring at you. "S-sorry" he chuckles lightly "anyways what's your name you smile " "I'm mikoshiba momotaru! But you can call me momo for short!" He says getting his confidence back.

You smile "nice to meet you momo! My name is (y/n)" "woah such a pretty name for a pretty girl" he blurts out. You blush slightly mumbling thank you as you were new to this kind of stuff.

"So momo what are you doing with that bug?" You say picking up a rosy boa snake, you felt him tense up a bit. "Oh well this isn't any ordinary bug (y/n) this is a huhu beetle" he smiles putting it in front of your face , to you it look like a spawn of satan..

He clears his throat "umm eto d-do you know you have a snake on you (y/n)??"  You giggle " I know silly this is a rosy boa snake, ain't it a cutie" you say as you rub the bottom of its jaw. His jaw literally dropped. "So why are you capturing beetles?" You look up at him, "for my collection" you nod he smiles "you're not afraid of insects or bugs" you look around for any bugs near you, he chuckles "no I love them!".

You were glad that someone was passionate as you towards something like you but it was quite the opposite really. "Well I see you like umm snakes?" He steps back a bit. "Yeah well reptiles actually! " he sweat-drops "you're really are living on the extreme side " he jokes "how do you know!" You smile. He was lost in his words hoping you would realise that he was actually joking.

It gotten quiet for a bit till momo spoke "Hey (y/n) want to come sit with me by the lake" he points you smiles "okay let's go"

As you both reach the lake sitting down with the snake around you and while he had the beetle in his lap. You both starting taking about bugs and reptiles but after a while it seemed like it was a competition on which is better. After hours of your little competitive chat it was time to head home but you didn't want to you wanted to stay with the new and first friend you've made wanting this moment to last forever.

"Hey momo" you interrupted his little so each about how important beetles are"yeah (y/n)" you look at him "it's getting late and I have to go" he looks at you getting up and blushes " mind if I walk you home!" "If you want to " you smile internally screaming yes.

You both started walking as you both started to get back to the topic you both were previously taking about. You smiled and giggled at some of his concepts about beetles, he smiled and blush while watching giggle at what he said, he didn't care if you were laughing at him he just loved that expression on your face.

"You know momo your gonna start making me obsessed with bugs now" you smile as you still carry the snake with you. "Ehh really!!" He gets all excited "yeah but I still prefer my babies" you giggle. He pouts "meanie"

You wanted to kiss that pout it was just too adorable to resist. "Well momo it looks like this is the end of our journey" he sighs to himself " yeah but (y/n) can I um have your number please" he chuckled scratching his head.

You blushed "y-yeah sure " stop stuttering (y/n) you mentally scold yourself, you give him a paper with your number and smile "here I better hope you text me"really (y/n) you scold yourself again at your lame flirtatious ways. "Oh don't worry I will" he winks.

You give him a small kiss on the cheek "night momo" he was red as hell "n-night (y/n)" he says shyly. You head inside and shower.
After 2 hours you get a text from no other then momo....

" I still think that bugs are better"

"Shut up buggy bug"

The end hope you liked it ! Don't forget to like and comment!