Chapter 9

Selina took a sip from her mug of hot chocolate. She was sitting in the Kafe talking to Katrina when she smelt Jana approaching the building. She swivelled around in her chair just in time to see her alpha march through the ground floor of the Kafe. She had her head bowed, trying not to draw attention to herself. Selina could tell that Jana was upset; her eyes were red and her cheeks were tear stained. Selina caught up with her friend and grabbed her wrist.
'Jana, what's wrong?'
Jana said nothing, just shook her head and turned to run upstairs. However, Selina was quickly in pursuit, following her up the stairs and into the flat.

When she got there, Jana was no-where to be seen. Selina took a deep breath and used her wolfblood senses to detect that Jana was behind her bedroom door.
'Jana?' Selina gently knocked on the bedroom door 'please just talk to me'. There was no reply from the other side, just quiet sobbing. Suddenly, Matei appeared at the door by the stairs.
'Let me talk to her Sel' he told her as he made his way towards Jana's room. Selina nodded in understanding and left the flat. Matei turned his attention back to Jana. He had to persuade her to let him in. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door.
'Jana?' He said softly. The sobbing stopped and Matei heard the door unlock.

Matei felt his heart break when he saw Jana. She was sitting on the floor with her back resting on her bed, knees tucked into her chest. Matei had never seen her look so broken, and was surprised that someone so mentally strong and powerful could become so small and helpless.
'Matei' Her voice was barely above a whisper 'I can't go. Im so sorry but, I just can't' she outstretched an arm towards him and he took her hand, sitting down next to her. Jana felt herself smile and rested her head on Matei's shoulder, wiping away the tears from her cheeks.
'It's ok Jana, no one is making you go. Now, what did you see?'
Jana's eyes filled with tears again and she buried her face into Matei's shoulder. Matei wrapped his arms around his crying girlfried and held her closer than he ever had before.
'It was my father, he hates me! He hates all of us. He said that the wild pack is coming, that they're going to find us and... and...' she broke off into a series of sobs, clutching Matei's shirt and crying loudly. Matei hugged her tightly, kissing the top of her head and telling her over and over again how much he loved her. 'Don't worry Jana. As long we stick together, we'll be fine. You,me, the pack, no matter what we will be there for eachother.'
'You know,' TJ added, walking through the door with Selina behind him 'as cheesy as Matei sounds, he's right. If anyone tries to hurt any of us-' he mimicked punching someone in the air and Jana let out a half laugh. She pulled away from Matei and looked at the people around her. They weren't just her friends, and they weren't just a pack. They were family. Her new family.
'I love you guys' she said, smiling through her tears. They all smiled back and engulfed her in a massive hug, all laughing and crying together.

Ten minutes later
'You're sure you'll be ok?' Matei looked Jana in the eyes, his hands resting on her shoulders.
'God, Matei. You'll be seeing her tomorrow!' TJ rolled his eyes and exited the Kafe with Selina. Jana sighed and shrugged off Matei's hands from her shoulders 'Yes, I'm sure I'll be fine. I'll call you if I need you, ok?'
'Ok' They touched foreheads for a moment, then Matei gave Jana a quick kiss on the head before dashing out to catch up with TJ and Selina. Jana leaned against the doorframe and smiled as she watched her pack walk down the street. At that moment, she felt like they could overcome anything, that her and her pack were unstoppable.

And she knew that she had to be there for them, No matter what.

Author's note
Hey guys, here is my latest chapter, it took an eternity and a half to write, and now my brain really hurts!

As always, please comment and also vote if you think my story is good, it's great to get some support (even if it is from random stangers!)

Love ya, please keep reading xx