Chapter 3: Hating the Truth, Accepting What's Real

( Karma's PoV )

Two and a half months...

The total months that Ara's been missing. When I ran outside to find her, it was no use. Neither of us had the luck to find Ara.

But, damn. I can't believe it.

Today was another day, for us to be depressed. Everyone was depressed.. Even Sugino. He's in a worst state when he found out there's no trace of Ara.

Sugino likes Kanzaki.. but he also admires Ara. Is that even possible? Sure, for someone who knows how to love.

I have no idea what love is anyway. Ara and I are best friends. But.. a part of me wants to be with her.

What the hell, Karma. Ara is ONLY your best friend. That's just it, right?

With all these questions messing with my head, I didn't notice Nagisa was staring at me. "Karma-kun, are you okay? You've been spacing out."

Me? Spacing out? Yeah, right. Note to sarcasm.

"Don't be ridiculous, Nagisa. Just because you kissed Kayano, your head is already in the gutter."
I've been messing with those two, Nagisa and Kayano, since the day of that incident.

"N-No! I'm n-not! But seriously,
I've been watching your movements, Karma-kun."

Yeah, damn I'm acting weird these past few weeks.

"..And it's like you're not even complete without Araki-chan. Like a puzzle that has its parts messed up and that one last piece can't be completed without it."

I can't even look up now. The day I met Ara, I stopped hanging my head low. "Karma-kun... you're in love with Araki-chan, aren't you?"

I began laughing for a short period of time. Everyone looked at my direction, even Sugino, who's been sulking in his desk.

"Me? In love with my best friend? That's-"

"True."

Sugino just cut me off. He said that in a serious tone, "Akabane, I don't know how to say this but, Araki deserves someone who understands her most. Her bestfriend."

I listen to him as he continue.

"She and I, well, we're not very compatible if you ask me. But...
my eyes are set on Kanzaki-chan. And I only admire Araki from afar, because I know..."

"Karma the baka!"

"Ara the cow!"

"I'm no cow!"

"I'm no idiot, idiot!"

These moments that we cherished weren't easy to forget. . . That only means one thing...

"She's always waiting for you, Akabane." Suguno smiles at the end and I am speachless at this moment of realization.

A smiled curved on my lips.

I just realized something big and important...

"Heh.. Guess I am in love with my best friend without realizing."

~ Meanwhile... at the Secret Lab..

"She's ready" One of the scientist that's been experimenting Araki. Where is she, you ask?

She's inside a glass cell room..
Leaning back on the wall, while sitting in a mess. Her hair grew longer that it has already reached her waist, though never bothered to fix it or put it in a ponytail.

Her white bored eyes looking straight ahead. She's been a guinea pig for two and a half months, yet no one bothers to save her from this cage.

"Her vitals are capable with the reactions. She's ready!"

"Koutaru's been here for a long time and slowly her emotions are fading away!"

"Enough! She is to stay here until she manage to fully control the reactions."

Araki, who's been muttering something,

"Kill.. the teach.."

She grins.

* * *

VOTE
AND COMMENT
MINNACCHI~

MATTA NE!

2nd Feb 2k17