Chapter 9: A Test To Pass

Day of the exams... This is it. After reviewing for almost like enternity, it's finally here. Aka, Nagisa and Sugino agreed to meet up at my house early in the morning to go to school together, "Ah! Araki-chan! Sugino-kun's here!"

"Sugino's a bit early." I blurted out.

The door in my bedroom flew opened and the baseball geek entered with a smile. "Good morning, Araki!"

I was busy fixing my bed, since I got dressed and took a bath first, I replied with a wave.

"Nagisa-kun's not here yet? Same goes for that perverted red head?" Sugino nodded as he scratch his back head.

"Seems like it. So how was the, uh... College thingy?"

Ah, finished! Now where was I? Not noticing where I was going, I tripped over an Encyclopedia Book.

I landed on my face as I hit the floor. "Ow..."

Just when Sugino noticed my room, books were placed everywhere. "Ah, that's how it went." He laughs.

"Anyways, you okay?" He assissted me to stand up, I nodded. "Yup. I'm fine." Yeah, with a crooked nose. Ugh..

I almost collapsed when going home last night- YES.
Last NIGHT. I still picked up a couple of College books- two or three -on the way home. I borrowed it at nearest Library, "Araki-chan! Two more of your friends are here!"

Then again, the door opened and revealed the red head and Nagisa-kun. "Aw, Sugino beat us to it." Aka's voice was filled with irritating fly swarming all over the place. I grab my bag and took off. "Let's go and beat some smart-asses!"

~ ~ ~

(Third Person)

As Araki, Sugino, Nagisa and Karma walked together on their way to school, silence swarms the place. It was quite awkward since Araki was the only one who focused on reviewing last night. While the others... well, you can guess.

"Oh yeah, Koro Sensei said that if Araki-chan made it to the Top 50, he'll treat us in a famous resort here at Kunugigaoka." Nagisa brought up a topic in which it made the white haired flinch. They stopped walking.

"W-Wait, what? Me..? T-Top 50?!" The boys thought it was impossible for her, in her point of view.

"B-But i-it's fine if y-you couldn't! I-It's not like w-we're focing you to-" Sugino's apologic excuse was cut off when a laugh escaped Araki's lips.

"A-Are you s-sure? Th-That, pffft! I'll just be in the 50's? S-Sugino, you..! You're hilarious!! Bwahaha!"

(Araki's PoV)

They are seriously underestimating me and my Brain. I'm from Keikyoin, people!! Highly advance, even though I'm in the 70s.

I smack Sugino on his back that it made him face-plant on the ground. "You guys are so funny!" I sarcasticly say. A tear occured in the corner of my right eye. So funny!!!

That's when we proceed on walking.

(E Class)

The exam started awhile ago, all of the students, excluding Itona, made their way to the main campus. As expected from the other classes, they were throwing insults... and, boy, it made Araki fuse.

"I swear, if those chumps look down on us one more time-
"

"Er.. You don't have to Kou-chan. We're used to it" Kaede tries to calm down Araki, whose tentacles was about to rose but then stopped as she speak. She let out a sigh, and infuriating one.

"Wait 'n see" Muffled because of the dean speaking, the exam began after they went to the main building.

However...

"Eh?! Koutaru-kun's going to take a College Test?!"

"And at the Principal's office?!"

"That's what they told me." Karasuma, who just came back after being called by the Principal, announced while looking at Araki, who just shrugged.

"Cool."

She replies, looking back at her classmates, "Alrighty, this is where we part way, everyone. Remeber what I told you:
'When everything breaks down on the edge, be sure to find an angle that will lead you to your success."

But not sure how it will all end.. they hoped for the best.

As they part ways, the rest of E Class and Araki, the red head stood there as hr grab hold of the white haired's wrist, telling her to not go yet with by the look of his eyes.
The others already knew what Karma wants.

So as they left the two,
in the empty hallways, "After this, can we.. go out?" Frozen and speachless because of the red head's offer, Araki thought about it..

"But I thought you were suppose to wait until graduation" She said, recalling their promise. But, as much as Karma wanted her to be his, he respects his best friend. "I know that. But what I meant there
was a friendly date, baka. So what do you say?"

Araki narrows her look at Karma. "Sure.. as long as there's
sweet treats." Karma smirks at the end, pulling the white haired by her waist, in which she didn't expect.

"B-Baka? YOU're the idiot here, you know that?"

"Nope! In your eyes, I'm YOUR idiot."

Those words were enough to make Araki flustered. She refuses to look into his golden eyes (WEW) but he bought up her chin and slowly...

...pulling her into a sweet short kiss..

"HEY YOU GUYS! GET A ROOM YOU TWO!" In the distance afar, Maehara along with Taiga, Kaede and Rio snap a picture. The two part away as Karma bid her good luck as she did the same...

"What the heck? Why is Karma the only one
getting a good luck from Araki? Not to mention,
a Good Luck Kiss" As Karma enters the room they'll
be taking the exam, the red head smirks at Teresaka.

"Don't worry Teresaka, your future girlfriend will do that too once you've proven yourself worthy for it."

"Let's just hope for the best, dammit."

~ ~ ~

"Are you ready?" He asks the girl, which she nodded. He took out the exam paper as he hand over to the test paper.

"As I'll ever be."

And thus,

... Hell is on its way..

~ ~ ~ ~ = = = = ~ ~ ~ ~

edited
2nd Feb 2k17