Chapter 17: The Picture of Sleeping Beauty

Araki's Point Of View

I got home, exhausted and tired. I think it's already quarter till midnight because the lights were out. Mom usually stays up until I got home but since she's first to arrive, she must've been really tired too from going back and forth to the school main campus and the E Class school building.

What happened when I was with Hajime and Riko, is something unforgettable.

Not a moment too long, as I ended the call, Hajime suddenly slap my back as if his hand was like a feather which is not!

"Ouch! That hurt!" I yelled growing an irk mark.

"No worries no worries! We got your back in case your boyfriend tries to break up with you." he said as Riko spoke. "Mm-mm. We're gonna pummel that guy from bits to a pulp!"

I sweatdrop. "K-Karma isn't like that.."

But they shrug it off as we went to Hajime's house. His mom attacked me and Riko into an embrace. But I was in a near-death situation because of her hug.

"Araki-kun! Long time no see! How's Sawara? Is your father alright? Oh~ Tell me how'd you blend in with your..." -and on and on and on as she questions me.

At the living room where we are, I took out a few pictures of the whole E Class and a separated pictures of my teachers. I pointed at the redhead. "This guy here is my best friend who soon became my boyfriend. Then this is our teachers..."

As I keep on pointing who is who, Riko seem to be looking at one particullar photo. "Hey, Araki, is this you sleeping on that Karma dude's back?"

I'm in who's back?

Just when I took a glimpse at the photo, Riko was absolutely right about me asleep at Karma's back.

It was that time when we finally got out of the wrecked laboratory and because of that never-ending experiments they made on me, I couldn't get any proper sleep. But who the heck took a picture of me sleeping at that time?

Oh wait...

"Nagisa, do me a favor."

"That damn Karma better say goodbye to his ass when I see him." In due anger, I curled my fist as a vein popped out from it. Hajime and Riko inwardly cough the same time.

"Putting that topic aside, what happened to you there?" Riko asks, abruptly looking carefully at the photo. I explained them everything, from.the very begging up 'till the time when I was saved.

"Your hair is like a tentacle now?" Hajime scratches his head.

(Tentacle..? S-Squid girl?!) I noticed Riko was trying to hold back a laugh.

"Not. Funny."

".. er.. yes it is."

"Shut up, Hajime."

----

Edited:
2nd Feb 2k17