Chapter 15

Chantelle's POV

Lucas' arm reaches around me and I'm soon on his chest. "I love you."

I feel myself blush really hard. "I love you too." Lucas laughs and kisses my head. We joke back and forth before Lucas' eyelids start to get heavy.

"You sleepy?" I ask him.

"Mmm," he responds. I look over at the clock and it's already 1pm. He has to work at three. I feel terrible that I've kept him up.

"You need to leave for work in an hour," I say guiltily.

"Yeah." Lucas kisses my forehead. "I do."

"I should go," I say. I attempt to get up but Lucas pulls me back down. He leans his head into me and places his lips on my neck.

"Dwonught gwo vwhere," his sleepy ramble is back. "Wuv you."

"I love you too Lucas." I put my hand on top of his and drift to sleep.

I wake up to Lucas scrambling throughout his room. He's trying to dress up quickly and flopping all over the place.

"Sorry babe," he says when he notices that I'm up. "I'm running late."

I look over at the clock and he is in fact running late. It's 3:15. He was supposed to start at 3.

"Do you need me to help with anything?" I ask sitting up.

"No, rest babe." He sits next to me and bends down to tie his shoes. I crawl up behind him and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Thank you for this afternoon," I say.

"You're welcome." Lucas turns his head and kisses my cheek. "Will you be here when I get back? I get off at 11."

"Do you want me to be here?" I ask, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah. Please."

"Okay. I'll be here. I'll just run home, pack an overnight bag and bring some work over. I'd love to play waiting housewife."

Swiftly, Lucas pulls me into his lap. "I love you," he says, kissing my hands.

"Love you too," I say, stealing my hands back. I crawl off his lap and under the blanket. "Now go to work."

"Yes ma'am," Lucas says, standing up. He plants a deep kiss on my mouth before heading out. "Bye."

"Bye!" I call back.

I pull out my phone and read through a few Buzzfeed articles before heading to my apartment. 20 minutes later, I'm back at Lucas' apartment with an overnight bag, my laptop and a mountain of articles I have to read through before Monday. I turn on Pandora then get busy with my work.

The next time I look up at the clock, it's 9pm. I pick up my cell phone and send Lucas a quick text.

Hey baby. Thinking of you. I miss you.

His response is immediate.

I miss you too. I can't wait to hold you again.

Omg. I respond. You're making me swoon.

That's my job.

I smile and roll my eyes. Just come home asap. I'm waiting for you.

Of course my love.

I clutch my phone to my heart and smile. This man makes me so happy. I've never really thought too deeply about marriage but I can confidently say that I want to spend the rest of my life with Lucas. And I've only known him a few months.

I busy myself with more work. When 10pm rolls around, I hop in the shower and turn up the heat. After letting the hot water run down my body for a couple minutes, I reach for a bottle of soap. I squeeze a little into a new washcloth and soon realize that it's Lucas' soap and not mine. Of course I forgot my soap.

I shrug and decide to bathe with it anyway. It smells just like Lucas and makes me smile.

15 minutes later, I'm drying myself on Lucas' bed. I search through my overnight bag to find that I also forgot my lotion. I roll my eyes at myself and head back into the bathroom to see what Lucas has.

Thankfully, there's Aveeno in one of the cabinets and I lather up. It makes my skin feel so velvety. I go back to the bedroom and search through my overnight bag for something cute.

I can't wait until Lucas get back home.