Chapter 37

Hi everyone,

First off, I hope you are all staying safe, healthy and taking care of your mental health. There is a lot going on in our world today.

This next chapter is incredibly short. I recognize that. It's kind of one of those filler chapters to help move the story along. I promise to provide a second chapter within the next 24 hours.

Thank you for reading.

Chantelle's POV

I think about texting Lucas to see how his first therapy session but ultimately decide against it. I need to give him some space.

Instead I decide to get started cleaning my apartment. It's been almost 2 weeks since I last cleaned and it's getting really messy.

I start with the half of my studio I've designated to be my bedroom. There are clothes everywhere. It takes me nearly an hour but I finally get everything where it needs to be.

Next I attack the bathroom. I start by sweeping up all the hair I've shedded the last two weeks. After that, I spray down the shower, sink and toilet with cleaning spray. I let that sit while I throw all my towels in the washing machine.

Once I finish the bathroom, I head to the kitchen. It's not too bad. If there's one thing I hate, it's a dirty kitchen. It usually stays pretty clean. I empty the dishwasher before wiping down the counters and bleaching the sink.

When I'm done with my school entire apartment, four hours have passed and I'm absolutely exhausted. I take a shower before lying down in bed and opening the Netflix app.

As I'm looking for a movie, my phone chimes.

Hey,  the text message reads. It's from Lucas.