A Little Break

Hi everyone,

First and foremost, thank you for reading this far. It means a lot to see so many of you reading, voting and commenting. Thank you so much.

I wanted to let you know that I'm taking a little break from this book. With the recent murder of George Floyd by Minneapolis police, and the threat on Christian Cooper's life, this story is hitting way too close to home.

Unfortunately this narrative is one we experience way too often in the U.S. I began this story to bring awareness to this issue in a way that was different. However, I can't rightly work on the story right now. People are grieving. People are traumatized. As an African-American woman, I am grieving. I am traumatized.

Additionally, I don't feel as though this story truly captures the essence of the injustices Black, African-American and African people in this country face.

This is not an end to the story. I'll most likely be updating in the next couple of weeks. But for now, I want to take a few moments to grieve, work through the mounds of emotions I'm feeling and remember those who have unjustly lost their lives.

Please take care of yourselves, stay safe and I'll see you in the next update.

❤️