Twenty-Two - Life's Big Storms

Warning : The events in this chapter may cause serious damage to your feels. I cried very much so when writing this. If I offend anybody in any way in this chapter I am sincerely sorry also I am sorry for any killed feels. I am not responsible. You have been warned.

**********

Positive.

The test is positive!

I call Bailey up immediately, "Bay!" I say excitedly.

"What's wrong?!" she screams worried. Awe, what a sweetheart.

"I-I-I. . . Can I come over?"

"Cassie! Are you okay?! Yes! Come over! Tell me what's wrong! Now!" Geez. . .

"I'll tell you when I get there! Now bye!" I quickly hang up and take a picture of the test because I don't feel like taking it to Bailey's house because knowing me, I'd lose it. I quickly open the bathroom door, make sure Toby's nowhere near the bedroom, sneak into the bedroom and hide it in my nightstand. I want Toby to find out properly.

I'm not telling him first because I haven't been telling Bailey anything that's been going on. She is my best friend after all, I feel like she'd murder me if I didn't tell her first. . . And also, I need time to think of a way to tell him.

I get sweat pants and one of Toby's Tobuscus shirts, it smells just like him. I don't feel like doing anything special since it's Bay so I just throw my hair up into a messy bun and walk into the living room.

"Hey, Tobes I need to head over to Bailey's. She wants to give me something." it feels so horrible to lie to my buscus. . .

"Yea, sure, babe." he kissed me with such love I didn't know it was possible, "I love you and drive safe." he pulled me in for another kiss and then another and then another. . .

"My love, I need to go." I state laughing.

"Fine, go, Leave me to have to entertain myself. . . I'll find some way. . . Just take off your shirt and let me take a picture." he said winking at me. WHAT A PERVERT!

"Ya' nasty, nugget. I love you, Toby. I'll be back in an hour-ish, okay?" I say as I grab my coat since it was lightly sprinkling.

"Love you!" Gosh. . . Everytime he says that I just get all warmed up inside. . . Butterflies have themselves a crazy ass party in my tummy.

I finally leave my Toby and get in my little Beetle and leave for Bay's. The ride there was incredibly short. I knocked on the door and Bailey answered it with a scared face while I was smiling as bright as humanly possible.

Is it weird that I'm so happy? I'm having a baby with a man that I've loved for almost five years now even though that whole time the feeling wasn't exactly mutual.

We stood like that for awhile before Bailey grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me, quite violently I might add, "Tell me!"

"Hey! Careful!" I scream taking her hands off of me forcefully.

"Why?! What happened?!" she looked extremely terrified so I decided not to torture her anymore.

I pulled out my phone and got the picture of my pregnancy test up.

"Is that your mom's?" she asked nonchalantly.

"No. . ." I pause to look down at my slightly pouchy belly and rub it, "i-it's mine. . ." She froze. Completely. I waved my hand in front of her face, "B-Bailey. . ?"

"WHAT?! WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?! CASSIE! WHAT THE HELL?!"

And there she goes. . .

After about ten minutes of the yelling and screaming she finally calms down. "Are you done?" I ask jokingly.

"Yea. Sorry. . . Does Toby know yet?"

"Nope! You're the first one I've told." I smile.

She hugs me tight, "I feel special and all but you need to tell the baby daddy about, you know, his baby. You better hurry because a storm's supposed to hit soon." Bailey looks out the window right behind me, "Go on! Get home to your man!" she winks at me.

I hugged her and left.

Bay was right about that storm. . . I've been driving for about fifteen minutes and it's pouring. The stupid rain was blocking my vision so I turned on the windshield wipers. Ah. There we go.

Before I knew it I had hit a hydroplane, when my car skids from so much water on the road or whatever. That was one thing I didn't know how to deal with. I swerved to the opposite side of the road and back to mine again. Oh dear Lord! I have no idea what I'm doing! I start to panic and my small Beetle does four donuts in the road before stopping in the middle of the road. Phew.

"You okay, little bab-" that's when I was hit from the side and everything went in slow motion. . .

I could see the glass breaking, the frame of my car being crunched in on me and road underneath me.

****

I wake up in, of course, a hospital. I saw that one coming. The iluminating lights blinded my tired eyes as I, slowly but surely, opened them. I turn my head to my left to find Toby holding my hand trying not to cry.

"Hi, baby. . ." he choked out, obviously holding back tears. He leaned forward and kissed my forehead, which seemed to be a little cut up. Poor Toby was shaking furiously. . .

I lightly smiled at him, "Hey, buscus." he then took my hand again and kissed it gently and then set it down softly still holding it. He rubbed my hand with his left thumb.

About five minutes later the doctor, "Dr. Jones" as it's written on his name plate (Geesh, Cass.. How original), comes in.

I wasn't ready for what he was about to say. And I wouldn't be in a trillion years, but as he spoke I gripped onto Toby with a death-trap-like grip, "Miss, I'm not sure if you were aware of this or not, but you were pregnant. . ." he spoke with such caution...

"She was. . . As in past tense. . ?" I cringed at Toby's words. Toby then started crying. Any form of self control was gone from both of our bodies. We both cried hysterically in each other's arms.

"Yes, I-I'm afraid that such an impact killed your child. I'm terribly sorry for your loss."

Toby and I cried. We cried for what seemed like ages but neither of us would stop. We'd take a deep breath but then look at each other and cry again. The whole time I was holding onto him for dear life. I never let go. Ever. And I don't plan on letting go anytime soon.

**********

A/N :

G-guys... I'm so sorry.. I just.. I... I'm sorry! I'm crying... so hard right now.. Omfg.. Why?! Why did I write this?! Why couldn't they have lived happily ever after?! I just.. DAMNIT! I fucked with my own feels. I just... I can't. )': Excuse me while I go crawl in a hole and die because of this chapter.

Until next time :

Goodbye, I love you and stay amaze craze.

~SkittleKitty4 / Cassbuscus <3