Epilogue

-Third Person POV-

.

.

I'm done, Cass thought as she threw her clothes into her blue suitcase.

She had it all planned out perfectly in the few minutes that she had spent thinking. She was going to leave, obviously. She wasn't going to stay there with the man she still loved yet broke her heart. It amazed her how she still loved him after his outbreak. The brunette had saved enough money from her job at Starbucks-in which she would have to take a vacation from-to go where she'd wanted to go since she watched the amazing Elvis Presley's movie "Viva Las Vegas". Yes, she was taking that Honeymoon suite at the Venetian casino/hotel all to herself and she was damn excited. She could get away from it all for once. Plus, she'd just turned 21 a few months ago. She deserved this break.

Cass needed to get drunk off her ass and not give a single f*ck!

She stopped packing for a second to look at the engagement ring on her left ring finger. It was seriously stunning. But she sure as hell was not giving it back. No, Cass was getting her money's worth for it and she wasn't going to feel bad about it either.

Cass rummaged through Toby's drawers, making sure to leave a bit of a mess behind, to find the case for it and she indeed did. She placed the beauty into the box and tossed it in her Creeper backpack she had recently bought. She smirked to herself. She had this extremely nostalgic feeling that she knew wasn't going to last long but she was making the best of it.

She finally finished packing the important things and, surprisingly, packed all of it in her small Beetle-the one from before had been destroyed, so she got herself a new one-, making sure to not pay any mind to Toby. She knew that if she looked into his beautiful hazel orbs that she would try to talk to him and end up staying. She didn't want that, though. She needed to stand her ground.

Cassandra drove her Beetle to her parents' house. They welcomed her with open arms, asking what had happened. She explained everything.

"I knew it," her mom said lightly shaking her head. "How did I know?!" she raised her voice a little. "Mothers know best, Cass. You should listen to me when I te-,"

"Sweetheart, enough," Cass's father put his arm on her mother's shoulder to calm her down. He looked to Cass and smiled, "You can stay here until you find a place if you want. We could always use an extra pair of hands with the boys running around."

"Thank you, but I'm taking a trip. I wanted to know if I could leave most of my stuff here for when I come back. Two weeks tops," Cass smiled. She amazed herself on how well she was keeping it together.

"Yeah, of course, just put it all in your old room; it's all storage now." her mom chuckled whole-heartedly.

Cass was surprised that she hadn't broken to her parents yet. She felt it coming. She hauled her stuff, suitcase by suitcase, up to her room. It didn't take too long. She left one suitcase filled with two weeks worth of clothing and her laptop and other necessities. She also had her backpack that held the ring she was going to sell. The broken girl bidded farewell to her parents and left.

She made a stop at Bailey's to say goodbye for awhile. Bailey told her it wasn't a good idea for her to be left alone. She even offered to go with her but she needed some time to be on her own. So, she ventured to her destination: Las Vegas.

Cass admired her surroundings that she'd passed; the lights of California always staying in her sight. She was still on that natural high, that was, until the song came on. A song that made her rethink everything that had went on in the last day and a half.