Twenty-Three - IT

A/N : Hey... Do you still hate me..? Is it safe to come back..? This chapter is just showing how incredibly broken they are. Yes, it's depressing and I'm sorry but what did you expect? Happy fairy tales? If you are, this is not the story you are looking for. ((XD Somebody better get that damn reference. Sorry.. I'm an idiot..))

Anyways, I have OVER 10,000 reads! Yay! You guys are wonderful, mmkay? (;

I hope you guys like this chapter because these are getting hard to write.. They are so emotionally close to me now. I feel like they are really in my life and this is truly happening.. It's kinda sad if you ask me. I'm rambling.. Sorry. Heh.

READ CHILDREN! xD

**********

~ Six Months Later~

Today is the day. The day that I finally get to go home.. Physically, I've recovered.

Mentally? Definitely not.

How is one supposed to forget or recover from such an event? I don't care if I didn't know whether it was a baby girl or boy, it was still my baby. . . It was just taken from me.

My thoughts were interrupted when Toby walked into my hospital room.

Neither of us are the same anymore.. He doesn't have the strength, energy, or willingness to make videos every week like he did.

The Audience is lucky to get one a month anymore.

This is all my fault. All of it.

"Come on, Cassandra," Toby says softly, "It's time to go home." I grab my bag that contained my necessities and walked up to Toby. He put an arm around my shoulders as we walked out of my-the hospital room.

The doctors found my scars. . . They also noticed that some of them were fresh. I now have to go to therapy twice a week. . . Like they'll get anything out of me anyways. . . I haven't spoken a word since I first woke up and said, "Hey, Buscus." to Toby.

Toby also said he'd come to therapy with me but I feel if he did he would only get hurt even more. That's all I seem to be doing to him. . . Hurting him.

We slowly walk out to his car, hand-in-hand, and leave this horrible place of deaths and excruciating pain.

I feel absolutely no need to talk anymore. It will definitely take longer than six months to get over IT. I will never get over IT.

Bailey had visited me over the two months but not for very long because one, I didn't talk to her, and two, she feels as if me getting in that wreck was her fault. But it wasn't.

The entire ride home I was silent, as usual. Toby held my numb hand, reassuringly, the whole time too. You would think that his touch would make me the slightest bit okay again. . . Not this time. . .

Real life doesn't always have happy endings. . .

When we finally got home he came over to my side of the car, opened the door, unbuckled me, carried me bridal style, shuts the door with his foot, and carries me inside.

Gryphon greeted as usual but not as lively because he sensed something was wrong.

Animal are so intelligent.

He doesn't know how right he is. . .

Or maybe he does. Toby might've told him while I was gone all this time.

Back to him. . . My poor Toby. . . All the shit I've put him through.

As he carried me, I look up at him teary eyed and put my hand up to his face and caressed his perfect cheek. He looks down at me and smilr as a tear falls from his now dull, hazel eyes.

He soon carefully places me on our bed, kissing my forehead lightly. Toby starts walking out of the room and that's when I do something I haven't done in six months,

"Don't leave me!" I croak. My voice sounds so foriegn, not hearing it for so long.

"Oh, Cass. . . I won't leave you. Ever. I promise. I'm just so glad you're finally talking again." he walked over to me and sat on the bed. "You had me so worried for a long time." Now he had me in his arms, petting my head.

"I-I'm sorry, I just don't feel a need to talk, Toby!" I was slightly raising my sore voice.

"What about me?!" he was hurt. . . Once again, by yours truly. "Don't I mean anything to you?! It was my baby, too! You're not the only one to be crushed into a million, microscopic pieces!" he started to tear up.

I sat there and watched him cry.

All this time I was being so selfish, thinking that I was the only one getting harmed by IT.

I was wrong.

Toby has gone through so much pain!

HELL, he didn't even know I was pregnant with his his baby until after IT happened.

After awhile, I finally spoke up, "Toby. . . I-I'm so sorry. . . I-I had no idea. I was so focused on how IT has scarred me that I didn't even think about what you were going through." I threw a pillow across the room, "GOD! How could I be so stupid?!"

"Stop! Now! I didn't mean for you to feel that way, damnit! I just want this to stop! Please. I'm tired of fighting with you over everything. Can't we just forg-not forget, just get through this together? Please, Cass. I miss you. I miss us."

By then, I was crying. Truth be told, I missed how we used to be too. I sat up and hugged him, so tightly. "Okay, for you. I will try to get better. I-I just love you so much."

"Shh . . . I love you, too."

.

.

.

.

**********

((A/N : So, a little bit of emotional Toby in there. I really worked hard on this chapter, as I do the rest, but this one was special to me, I guess. . . I hope you enjoyed.

Until next time :

Goodbye, I love you and stay awkward c: