Wedding Day

I felt someone shaking my arm. I groan and brought the covers over my head.

I hear a quiet chuckle. "Rachell, it's your cousin's wedding day. We both know how long you take to get ready," my mom's voice told me.

I push the covers off of me. "What time is it?"

"It's eight o'clock."

I quickly get off my bed and run into my bathroom. I quickly grab my toothbrush and toothpaste. "Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" I ask, muffled since I had my toothbrush in my mouth.

"I have been for the past hour. You are a really deep sleeper," she replies. "Oh and remember your cousin wants you to bring Carson too. She wants to see the new man in your life," she states.

"Don't worry, I already reminded him last night," I say, spitting and rinsing.

************

"Luke! Rachell! We're taking pictures, get down here!" My mom yells, from downstairs.

I push back a lock of my hair behind my ear, but it falls back. I grab my white heels and quickly slip them on. I look at myself one more time through the mirror. I wore a turquoise strapless dress that went just above my knees. My hair was pulled back into a braided bun. There was a locket from my cousin, Katie, that was hanging from my neck. I also had on silver bracelets and of course, Carson's promise ring.

I hear someone clear their throat and I see Luke with Jordyn wrapped around his arm, lingering in the doorway.

I lift an eyebrow. "How long have you guys been standing there?"

"Long enough to realize that you stare at yourself for a pretty long time," Luke replies.

Jordyn elbows him in the side. "Carson is waiting for you come on. Oh, and so is your mom. She really wants these pictures."

"Of course she does," I say, grabbing my phone and walking around them. "She loves to scrape book."

We walk downstairs and I saw Carson leaning against the couch, with his hands stuffed in his front pockets. He wore a white dress shirt and black slacks. He looks in my direction and his jaw drops. I sent him a small wave.

"Okay, now that everyone is down here," my mom starts, but stops and looks in my direction. "We can now get some pictures. Luke, Jordyn, Rach, and Carson get together."

Carson wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me closer. I stand beside Jordyn, while the guys stood on either side of us. "You look gorgeous," Carson whispers, in my ear.

I blush and smile, as my mom took the first picture. I look up at Carson. "You look great as well."

He smiles and places a kiss on my cheek. I saw a bright light flash. I instantly advert my eyes over at my mom. Carson pulls back with a grin on his face.

"Could you send that picture to me, please?" He asks my mom.

"Of course," she replies, looking at the time. "Oh boy, we need to get going. Everyone get in the Suburban."

Jordyn and I start walking towards the front door with the guys behind us. I felt someone grab my hand, making me look back.