28: I only care about her

scarlet:zuru,now that she's gone. I'll arrange for you to marry Charles tomorrow evening.

zuru:that's when 24 hours is over…

scarlet:exactly, that's why we'll celebrate.

zuru:whatever…do whatever you want.

scarlet: are you okay?Cheer up,you're getting married.

zuru:Whatever you say.Reese is going to turn to dust.Nothing has meaning…Do whatever you want with my life…

scarlet: WHAT'S SO GOOD ABOUT HER?? ISN'T CHARLES BETTER??

zuru:whatever you say mother…

scarlet: why are you so caught up with her??!!!
zuru ignored her and walked out of the room listlessly. Jack,zuru's father entered the room.

scarlet: honey,you're here.

Jack takes a seat on the sofa. 'give back Reese her core. I'll let zuru marry charles. But at the same time you have to let him marry Reese.'

scarlet: and with what are you going to stop me??

Jack: with your on marriage on the line.

scarlet: WHAT HAS SHE DONE TO MAKE YOU SACRIFICE SO MUCH?? DON'T TELL ME YOU LIKE HER TOO.

Jack:you are an idiot. Look at your own son's face.Listless like he has no soul. You want him to continue his days like these? Doesn't it hurt your heart to see him so?

scarlet: it does!!! But…everything will be washed away by time.

jack:what the hell are you so prejudiced against Reese about?

scarlet: she…she's taking zuru away from me.Zuru isn't listening to me anymore. IT'S ALL HER FAULT.

Jack: sigh…isn't that what love is about? You went against your own parents to marry me.Did your parents hate me or hate you?

scarlet: no…

Jack: think about it yourself. To be a selfish demon who zuru will hate for his entire life or otherwise.
He walked out of the room deep breathing as if sighing.

__________________________________

meanwhile…zuru was in his room.He was standing beside something that looked like a display case.Inside laid Reese.He was looking intensely at her.

zuru:don't worry, I won't let anybody use this room.This is our room.

He opened the case and slept beside her, 'your body…is so  cold.'

Suddenly someone knocks onto the door and comes in.It was Charles.

Charles: hi zuru.Is this girl your girlfriend? I heard everything.

zuru:she is.

Charles: she's…beautiful. But this is such a risky move she has taken.

zuru:what do you mean…?

Charles: she's hoping that your mother will see the light that you're suffering if she doesn't let both of you to be together.She's risking her life. She might really die.

zuru:oh…really…?how come I never saw that…

Charles: you're too sad to see anything.
She gives him a hug. 'I can't help you with anything…sorry…'

zuru:it's ok.Can I ask you for a favor?

Charles: sure, anything. We're best friends.

zuru:can we not use this room later…I want this room reserved for her…

Charles: I also have a favor…Can you…help me tell your mother I don't want to marry you?

zuru:you could have ran away…Why come back?

Charles: because…the demon I like is living nearby here…and,I'm not the type that runs away…

zuru:eh…who is he.

Charles blushed, 'he…his name…is levi…'

zuru:eh…!!!wait.wait. You mean the levi with the big blade?The one that killed thousands of demons. That one?

Charles: how did you know ??He's…so…my type…

zuru laughed softly, 'who knew the rough and violent demon like Charles could fall in love.'

Charles blushed, 'don't say that!!! I'm…a girl too…you know…'

It was in the afternoon, 3 hours to evening. Everyone sat at the dining table.

Charles:I've something to say.I have decided to call off this wedding.

scarlet: WHAT?! !!WHY??!!

Charles: because…I've someone else that I like. That is all.

scarlet: but everything is in motion?? I can't just cancel everything.

Charles: I believe you have a much more capable and suitable candidate lying in zuru's room.

scarlet: That woman…
She bammed the table and stormed off to her own room. Zuru followed her up.

scarlet: what do you want zuru? Are you here to laugh at me,now that everything has failed.

zuru:no.You seem afraid mother.

scarlet: I…I…what if Reese takes you away from me…?You are like her shadow…always sticking to her…
tears started rolling down her cheeks, 'what if you don't…care about me anymore…?'

zuru hugs her, 'you silly. I'll always care about you.I just care more for Reese because she's always thinking of others and putting herself in danger. '

scarlet: zuru…you promise?

zuru:I promise…

scarlet wipes away her tears and pressed a button that is in the drawer.A secret compartment pushed open from the wall and inside lay the core.She took out the core and passed it to zuru.Zuru hugged her mother tightly 'thanks…'

He ran to his room and gently placed her core back into the center where there is a  hole  that Reese stabbed from earlier.

zuru:come on…

Reese opened her eyes hazily and saw zuru.She got so happy that she kissed his lips. 'I'm so sorry, I took a risk without telling you.You should have been worried sick.' she said.

zuru:you have no idea.Are you ok?

Reese looked down onto herself, she felt faint and fell into zuru's arms. 'hehehe…guess I stabbed too deep…'

zuru:another silly girl.Come on,I'll get lewich to heal you.