1- Come As You Are

KRISTIANA COCHRAN (Chris-tee-on-uh Cock-rin)
-----------------------------------

"Well this is it."

I looked over at my foster mom, Angel, who'd been taking care of me for almost a year now. That is, until they tracked down my mother.

"I'll miss you." I told her. And I will. She's been good to me.

"I'll miss you too." She pulled me into a hug, almost in tears.

I chuckled as she let go. "Hey, I'll see you around." I told her, picking up my two suitcases off the sidewalk.

"Have fun." She told me.

I nodded and turned to face my new home. It was a small, white and blue trailer. They finally tracked down my mom after six years last week. The lost complete contact of her about four years after I was taken by Children Services. Once they found her, they found that she was qualified enough for me to move back in, so here I am.

I took a deep breath before walking up on the wooden porch and knocked on the front door.

"Kristiana?" The woman who answered asked, a smile appearing on her face. I nodded.

She was so different than I remember. She now had long black hair, instead of short blonde hair, and she looks a lot healthier. When I left, she was addicted to heroin and cocaine. You do the math.

"Hi, mom." I smiled.

She basically tackled me into a tight hug. We stayed like this for what felt like five minutes. After she finally pulled away, I noticed that she'd been crying.

I never noticed how much I looked like her until now. I have her dark hair, which is now back to her natural color, her small nose, and her face shape. Really, the only difference is that she has bright blue eyes, and I have dark green ones.

"Well come in, come in." She sniffled, walking inside with me at her tail.

I sat my bags down by the door as walked into the kitchen. The living room was kinda small and cute. It had matching black furniture and pictures were all over the walls. I looked closely at them and noticed they were pictures of me, my mom and my dad. He died of a heart attack right before they took me away. I don't remember him much.

My mom entered the living room with a tray of cookies. She sat down on the couch and put the rest of cookies in front of her on the coffee table. I sat down next to her.

"They said your favorite cookie was white chocolate macadamia. I made these this morning." She smiled.

I grabbed a cookie, and it was surprisingly really good.

After a while, she looked over at me. "You know, Angel gave me a list of some of your favorite things. Come look at your room."

She got up and walked to the room that was down the hall. I followed her. She opened the door to reveal a bedroom.

It was really nice, actually. Nicer than what I had when I lived with Angel. It had posters with Blink 182, Nirvana, Eminem, Guns N Roses, Bone Thugs N Harmony, and Pink Floyd posters plastered on the walls. The bedspreads were American Horror Story Themed, and the curtains were Alice in Wonderland.

"I love it." I smiled.

"I'm glad." She chuckled. "Um, I'll go get your bags for you, if you want?"

I nodded. "Yeah, sure, go ahead."

She nodded and walked out of the room. The closet was filled with clothes that were all my size. There were flannels, cropped tops, T-shirts, and band shirts, all appeared to be from the ninety's.  I went over to the dresser and opened the drawers up. There was everything from ripped black skinny jeans, to plain dark blue flairs.