18- Catching Up

"I want you to come home with me. I want you to come see my aunt. She's missed you too, you know."

Kris looked down at what she was wearing. "I need to go home and change first. I don't really want your aunt to see me wearing just lingerie, a hoodie and chucks. I literally just got off work."

I laughed. "Okay."

We said goodbye to Slim and Dubo, and we started walking toward her apartment. "I thought about coming back every single day, since the day I left, but I thought you'd moved on already." She told me, intertwining my fingers in hers.

I shook my head. "I mean, yeah, I fucked a couple girls, but none of them meant anything to me." I told her honestly. "I love you, and not even the greatest fuck of my life could change that."

She smirked. "Any of them as good as me?"

"Well there was this one." I joked. We both laughed.

We stopped and looked up at an old brick apartment building. "This is it." She told me, pulling a couple keys out of her pocket and unlocking a large glass door.

I followed her up four flights of stairs before we finally stopped in front of an old wooden door. She unlocked it and pushed it open.

"I know it's not much, but I'm trying." She told me reluctantly.

I leaned down and kissed her forehead. "It's fine. You're doing better than I am right now."

She smiled and led me into her living room. It was really anything special. Just an old couch, a coffee table, and a small TV with a DVD player.

"You're doing good baby." I told her honestly. "I seriously expected you to be homeless or some shit, so I mean, this is a step up."

"It's a start." She laughed.

A moment later, she adjusted herself so that she was laying across my lap with her head on the arm of the couch.

I played with her hair for the first time in almost a year. "You got your hair cut." She frowned, pointing to my buzz cut.

I put a hand on my head and felt my hair, or lack thereof, I should say.

"Yeah, my aunt cut it before graduation because she said she didn't want me looking like trash or whatever." I rolled my eyes. "Plus I'm balding. I'm literally eighteen years old and I'm going bald."

"Well, you know what would look very badass on you?" She smiled.

"What's that?" I raised my eyebrows.

"I'll tell you what, you grow your hair about four inches, and I will personally cut it into a mohawk for you." She offered.

"Hell yes!" I grinned. "Wait, do you even know how to cut hair?"

She nodded, pressing her lips into a flat line. "One of my foster moms was a beautician. She taught me everything she knew about doing hair. I can do anything from pigtails to cornrows, and a buzz cut to a pageboy haircut."

"I think that's a plan, then." I smiled, kissing the back of her hand.

She nodded. "I think we have some catching up to do." She smirked.

"Catching up?" I quirked an eyebrow, indicating she explain further.

She nodded, biting her lip. She climbed onto my lap and straddled my waist. I grinned. She leaned in and starting kissing me neck and nibbling on my ear.

"It's been almost a year. I missed you." She whispered, reaching her small hand into my pants.

I almost instantly got turned on. Oh hell yes. She smirked. "Please." She breathed.

I picked her up around my waist and started kissing her passionately. "Where's your bedroom?" I said into the kiss.

"Right down the hall." She answered, pulling off her hoodie.

I walked down the hall until I saw a bedroom. I went in and threw her on the bed. I climbed on top of her and kissed her deeply.

"I miss us."
***

"Hey, I brought something home for ya." I called to my aunt from the front door. "Wait here." I whispered to Kris.

She nodded and stayed on the front porch as I walked inside. "Boy, I done told you if you came home with diseases, you might as well start packing your shit."

I shook my head, smirking. "Well that's not a very nice way to talk about Kris."

She looked at me with wide eyes. "I mean, she can be a pain in the ass, but I don't think there's any reason to refer to her as a disease."

"You mean-?" She said quietly, a smile rising on her face.

"Baby, come here!" I yelled, turning to the front door. I saw Kris walk in reluctantly, with a grin on her face.

I turned back to my aunt, who had her hands over her mouth and tears streaming down her face. "Kris!" She squealed, running to her and pulling her into a tight hug

"I missed you." Kris grinned, hugging her back.

"Trust me, we missed you more than you know." My aunt told her, pulling away. "You look so beautiful."

She grinned and looked down at her outfit, which consisted of a Harry Potter shirt, ripped skinny jeans, and her chucks. "Thanks." She chuckled.

"Come on, come sit down." My aunt said, sitting on the couch and patting the seat next to her. "I think you have some explaining you need to do."

Kris nodded and sat on the couch. I sat on the floor in front of them. "So why did you leave?"

"It was stupid really." Kris said quietly. "I just wanted to be independent for once in my life."

My aunt nodded. "How did you find her?" She asked me.

I looked at Kris and her face turned red and she shook her head. I chuckled.

"I didn't." I lied. "Slim and Dubo found her."

"Thank you." She mouthed to me. I laughed.

"Oh, well, where are you staying?"

"I got an apartment over on Harvard that I've been renting." Kris answered.

"Yeah, and I'm moving in with her." I raised a hand slightly.

My aunt snorted, smirking. "About time you get out of my house."
------------------

I'm not too sure about this chapter. I mean, it's not really my favorite. But I will definitely keep it, because why not?

Stay wierd.
-Bam

June 23, 2016