20- New Manager

***THE REST OF THE STORY WILL BE IN KRIS'S POV STARTING THIS CHAPTER***

"Holy shit, I can't believe I will be close enough to Andy Biersack that I could literally reach out and touch him." I grinned, extremely excited.

"I know." Kells smirked, grabbing my hand.

"Thank you so much for doing this." I smiled at him.

He shook his head, scrunching his eyebrows. "Believe me, it was nothing."

Suddenly, the room went dark, and everyone went silent. I grinned, knowing the band was walking onto the stage.

A bunch of bright lights came on suddenly, nearly blinding me, and the song Knives and Pens came on and I started cheering.
***

By the end of the night, I had cried twice, Andy had touched my hand four times, and Jinxx threw a bandana and I caught it, tying it around a belt loop.

"I can't believe I caught it." I said quietly as we left the place the concert was being held, grinning ear to ear

We started walking down the road to our car, Kells rapping mindlessly about me, life, and the future.

"Boy, you're damn good." A girl said when we went into a gas station to get something to drink.

We both turned around to see a curvy girl with blonde hair. "Thanks." He smiled. "Do I know you?"

"Not really. We went to high school together." She told both of us. "I was three years ahead of you. My name's Ashleigh."

"You're from Cleveland?" I tilted my head, trying to remember ever seeing her.

"Yeah. I lived there my whole life. Still do, actually. I was actually just at the Black Veil Brides concert." Ashleigh answered. Then she turned her attention back to Kells. "You are going places, kid."

He smiled bashfully. "I'm trying. Really, I am." He shrugged. "I can't really book gigs without having a manager though."

She raised her eyebrows. "Let me manage you." She offered.

"You would do that?" I raised an eyebrow. She nodded.

"Gladly." She said. "Just give me y'alls number, and I'll hit you up when I hear something."

I grabbed a napkin off the hotdog rack and pulled a pen out of my hoodie pocket and wrote down both mine and Kells numbers.

"And should I call you Richard, or-?" Ashleigh asked seriously.

Kells shook his head vigorously. He thought for a minute. "Just call me Kells. Or Machine Gun Kelly."

I looked at him with a confused expression, then dismissed it when I remembered where his stage name came from.

"I'll call you." She nodded, looking at me. "Where you guys staying?"

"In the apartment building on Harvard." Kells answered for me. Ashleigh nodded.

"Well, see ya." She smiled, walking out of the store.

I looked at Kells surprised, grinning.  "Did you just get a manager?" I scoffed.

"I think I did." He grinned, taking everything in.
***

Ring

Ring

Ring

"Hello?" I answered my phone after walking outside so my boss wouldn't yell at me.

"Kris?" I heard Ashleigh's voice asked.

"Oh, hey." I smiled. "Look, Kells is at work right now, but I can have him call you when he gets home."

"Nah, that's alright." She said. "Just tell him I got him a gig for next week."

"You did what?!" I exclaimed, widening my eyes and feeling extremely proud.

She laughed. "Yeah, some guys wants Kells to perform for him at the state fair next Friday."

"For how much?" I asked.

"Like a couple grand."

"Holy shit, I'll make sure he's there." I grinned widely. "Thank you so much Ashleigh."

"No problem."

I hung up my phone and immediately dialed Kells. He answered after a few seconds. "Baby, I don't go on break for two hours. Can this wait?"

"No!" I cried. "Ashleigh got you a gig next Friday at the state fair!"

"Fuck, no way!" I could hear how excited he was.

I nodded. "Yeah, she just called me." I told him. "I have that day off, so I'll be going with you."

"I have next Thursday, Friday, and Saturday off." He told me.

"I'm so proud of you." I grinned. "But, hey I gotta go before my boss finds out I'm not inside."

"Okay, I'll see you when you get home." He said. "I love you."

"I love you too."

That day was pretty typical, I guess. For being a stripper anyway. Six lap dances, two hours of pole dancing, four drunk guys tried to have sex with me, and one girl slapped my ass. I got about two hundred bucks tonight. There's my money for the rent.

If I can manage to keep this job, I should be able to actually own a nice house by next year.

When I got home, Kells was rapping something he wrote down on a piece of notebook paper.

"What is that called?" I asked him, slipping on some sweatpants and a hoodie.

"End of the road." He smiled as I sat next to him. "I just need someone to sing the chorus for me."

"Let me see it." I held my hand out. He smirked and handed me the paper.

I read the section marked as the chorus, then I started singing.

It's a long way home,

At the end of the road.

I'll be paving my own way

To the top. I'll be here to stay.

So take my name,

Remember this face,

Keep the change,

And have a nice day.

And live for the moment,

Not by the past.

Homie, live each day like its you're last.

I looked up at Kells and saw he was smiling wide. "I've never heard you sing before. You're amazing." He smirked.

I blushed. "I'm not all that great."

"Bullshit." He shook his head. "You wanna sing with me Friday?"

"I would love to."
--------------------

I keep telling myself this story won't be that long, but I feel like it just keeps getting longer and longer than I wanted it to be.

I'm also doing a time hop next chapter up to like mid 2012. That's a little over four years.

Also, I've just decided to stop putting warnings for sexual content. This is a very sexual book/series and if you don't want to read about that, find a different mgk fanfiction to read. I recommend See My Tears by JessieClifford.

Stay wierd.
-Bam

June 23, 2016