9- Regret It

"Hey, Kris, someone's at the door."

I groaned. "I'm on the toilet at this current moment in time, can you get it for me?"

"No problem."

I heard Kells walking toward the door, and a second later I was finished in the bathroom. I walked out to the living room just as he opened the door.

"Jovana?" He gasped. "Holy shit, are you okay?"

I ran toward the door and saw my mom standing there. I could tell she was high, but it definitely wasn't from weed. Her eyes were all glossy, and she looked a little dead. She was swaying back and forth and was staring straight ahead while mumbling quietly.

"Momma?" I gasped. She looked at me with an emotionless expression and then started to fall forward.

Kells reached out and caught her before she hit the ground, and carried her to the couch and laid her down.

"Kells, what's wrong with her?" I asked frantically, breathing heavily and almost in tears.

He thought for a minute before grabbing her left arm and pulling up her sleeve, revealing multiple bruises and tiny scabs.

I suddenly had a headache. I put a hand to my forehead, and my heartbeat was so loud, I could feel it in my ears.

"She started again." I sobbed, sitting on the floor, pulling my knees to my chest.

Colson sat down next to me and pulled me close. "I'm so sorry, baby." He whispered, kissing the side of my head.

I couldn't do anything but sob into his chest. She just got clean and got me back less than two months, and now she's back on that dumb shit again.

"What if she gets caught again?" I asked in between sobs.

"They'll take you away again." He told me. I'm actually really happy he didn't lie. I like it better when he's completely straight with me. I also like it better when my mom's sober but...

"This is such bullshit." I whispered. Not because I was trying to be quite; I just didn't trust my voice at this particular moment in time.

"I know, babygirl."
***

It was late the next day, and my mom had finally come down from her high. Colson stayed over last night to help take care of my mom, but right now, he was in my room, and I was in my moms room, arguing with her.

"How the fuck could you do this to me?!" I screamed, throwing a lamp at the wall, shattering it.

"I'm sorry, baby!" She yelled back, wiping away a tear. "I wasn't thinking about you."

"You never do, do you?" I asked quietly. "You've never thought about me. You started doing heroine and coke because you were thinking about yourself, not me. You let them put me in a home with people I'd never met because you were thinking about yourself, not me. You didn't fight for me because you were thinking about yourself, not me. You went missing for six years because you were thinking about yourself, not me. You went back on that dumb shit again because you were thinking about yourself, not me.

It's always about you, and never me. You are the shittiest parent I have ever seen. You've never had to have your boyfriend help you take care of your invalid mother because she's a selfish bitch! I hope you realize someday what I've had to go through because of your sorry ass. I hope you regret it."

By this time, my mother was curled in a ball on the floor, crying her eyes out loudly. I felt Kells wrap his arms around me from behind me and start to pull me away.

"Wait. I'm not done." I told him. He didn't remove his arms, he just stopped walking.

"I hope you fucking regret all of it! I hope that soon enough, all you will ever think about is your little girl, and how you could've done something, but you fucking didn't. I hope it hurts too." I screamed.

Kells picked me up over his shoulder and pulled me away, carrying me outside. I didn't even resist. I was too exhausted. "Don't ever come back, you little bitch!" My mom yelled from inside.

Kells set me down and pulled me close. Even though he was holding me so tightly, I was falling apart. I sobbed in his arms for a good ten minutes before he made me look at him.

"You'll be okay, I promise." He frowned, kissing me deeply.

He picked me up, wrapping my legs around his waist and started carrying me again. I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my head in the crook of his neck. I didn't know where he was carrying me, but I didn't care.

I heard a door slam and I looked up, noticing that we were in his room. "I'll be right back." He told me, gently setting me down on his bed and walking out of the room.

I laid down. I needed to take a nap. This day has been tiring as hell. I slowly drifted off.
***

I awoke the next morning, laying next to Kells. I looked up and saw he was playing Call Of Duty on his Xbox.

"Hey, I talked to my aunt, you're moving in with us." He told me, pausing the game and running a hand through my hair.

I nodded. "Did you get my stuff?"

He sat up and pointed to a couple bags in the corner of the room. "I got a bunch of clothes, your chucks, your notebooks, your headphones and mp3 player, toothbrush, deodorant, and a couple of your weed stashes I found around your room."

"You're the best." I smiled, sitting up and kissing his cheek. After a long pause, I spoke up and said, "So, this is it?"

He nodded, pressing his lips into a flat life. "Afraid so." He told me, lacing his fingers in mine. "Jovana hasn't been home since yesterday. No one's seen her since your guys's argument."

"She went missing again?" I raised an eyebrow. He nodded. "How did you get in?"

"You really wanna know?" He smirked. I smiled and shook my head. "Well, my aunt made breakfast for us, you hungry?"

"I'm starved."
----------------------

Well, wasn't that quite a plot twist? I know, it sucks, but it leads up to some other stuff that happens later on.

Stay wierd.
-Bam

June 14, 2016