17- On My Own

"Yo, that's Kris!"

Dubo and Slim looked at me with wide eyes. "No fucking way!" Slim basically yelled.

"Are you sure?!" Dubo exclaimed.

I nodded vigorously. "I've seen every inch of that girls body. I'd recognize her literally anywhere."

"Holy shit." Dubo widened his eyes in sudden realization. "I'm so sorry man, I said I'd fuck her."

I shook my head. "It's fine man, you didn't know."

So many things were running through my head. I know I'm definitely gonna say something to her. But what exactly? I was feeling so many emotions it was unreal. I was excited, relieved, depressed, and scared, all at the same time.

My bipolar ass needs to be put on meds or some shit.

I waited until she finished dancing and walked off stage until I finally figured out what all I'd say.

I took a deep breath and looked over at Slim and Dubo. I nodded. "I'll be right back." I told them.

They nodded and gave me understanding looks. I stood up and cracked my knuckles nervously before walking over to where she was sitting, reading a copy of Mad Magazine, wearing powder pink lingerie with a grey zip-up hoodie over it.

"Kris?" I asked shakily, catching her attention. She looked at me with wide eyes.

"Kells." She breathed, gulping.

"Can- can I sit down?" I stuttered. She nodded shakily.

"You know, I was looking forward to never having to see you again." She forced a chuckle, awkwardly scratching her neck.

"What did I do?" I asked, sounding a little more abrasive than I intended.

She looked down at her lap. "You didn't do anything, I promise you." She told me.

Ever since I saw her, I've wanted to cry, but I've held it back.

"Then why did you leave me?" I croaked. "I love you. I want to graduate high school with you, I want to buy my first house with you, I want to ask you to marry me, I want to get big with you by my side, I want to raise children with you, and I want to grow old with you. I want to give you the world. Isn't that enough for you?"

She looked up at me and I saw a tear rolling down her cheek. I wanted so badly to kiss it away, but I knew that I couldn't and that hurt me more than anything.

"Kells, I love you. I never stopped." She told me, wiping away her tear. "But, I couldn't bear the fact that I'd grown so dependent of you. I couldn't stand that I couldn't even go a day without you around. I had to get away before it became too much."

"That makes no sense." I scoffed, finally letting the tears out. "We waa supposed to grow old together! A woman is supposed to depend on her man, but you chose to be the ass backwards one and leave me!"

"That's not even it." She sobbed. "I'm so sorry, but I fucked up and I can't ever take it back, and that tears me up everyday."

"If you can't take it back, just fix it." I told her.

"Fix it?" She quirked an eyebrow.

I nodded. "Let me back in. Move back in with me. Let me love you. Let me care for you. Let me hold you, and I promise, I'll never let you go." I told her. "I love you. Can't we try to start over?"

She thought for what seemed like five minutes. "I mean, we can try." She said hesitantly. "But, Kells, I live a completely different life now. I'm out on my own. I have an apartment on Harvard, and I live there by myself. I have a job. I can't just drop everything to be with you."

"I'm sorry, this was stupid." I shook my head, standing up and starting for the table where Slim and Dubo were watching us from. I felt her small hand grab my wrist and I immediately felt sparks where she'd touched me.

"What I meant to say, was, come live with me." She smiled.

I grinned before picking her up and kissing her passionately. Nine months I've gone without tasting those sweet, plump lips of hers. I felt butterflies fill my stomach, and goosebumps covered my back and arms, and my heart rate was probably double of what it usually was.

I never wanted it to end, but like all good things, it came to an end. She pulled away, and I rested my forehead on hers, getting a whiff of her breath that smelled like straight black coffee, her favorite.

"I missed you." She whispered, looking into my eyes with her beautiful green ones.

"I missed you too." I smiled. "Hey, you're on break, right?"

She nodded. "Yeah, for the next twenty minutes, why?" She asked.

"I want you to meet some people." I told her, leaving my fingers in hers. She nodded and I led her over to the table where Slim and Dubo were waiting on me.

"Is this the wonderful Kristiana I've heard so much about?" Dubo grinned, looking her up and down.

She blushed and nodded. "Hi." She said quietly, sitting on my lap.

"This is Dubo." I pointed to Dubo, then Slim. "And that's Slim G."

She nodded. "Listen, I don't know what Kells had told you guys about me, but I promise you, I'm not nearly as spontaneous as he lets off." She grinned, kissing my temple.

"He's said some pretty great things about you." Slim told her. I picked up a paper off the table and balled it up and threw it at him. He flipped me off.

"Yeah, he always had a habit of exaggerating a little bit."
-------

KELLSTIANA IS FINALLY BACK TOGETHER

Stay wierd.
-Bam

June 22, 2016