11- Normal Day

I fluttered my eyes open slowly. I squinted to shield my eyes from the bright light coming from the window above my head.

I rolled over underneath the soft black blanket and saw a sleeping Kells. He's so peaceful when he's sleeping. His messy blonde hair was tousled and his pink lips were slightly parted, a faint snore coming out of his mouth.

I smiled to myself and scooted closer to him. Half asleep, he put an arm around me and pulled me close. I chuckled and traced the tattoos on his upper left arm. He's never really told me what they meant. I know the ones in his right arm have to do with Cleveland.

I kissed his chest lightly. Suddenly, he sat up quickly in the bed, scaring the living shit out of me.

"Jesus Christ!" I jumped, laughing and sitting up next to him. "Did you just have an epiphany or something?"

He looked at me and grinned, shaking his head. "Guess what today is!" He yelled excitedly.

"December eighth?" I guessed, shrugging.

He nodded again. "And what is so special about today?" He smiled, winking at me.

"It's Saturday." I joked. "Seriously though, why are you so happy about today?"

He sighed hopelessly. "Today's your birthday."

"Oh." I said casually. "What's so great about that?"

He widened his eyes. "That means you're seventeen!" He grinned.

"You are way too excited right now." I laughed, laying back down. "I never even do anything on my birthday."

He gave me a strange look. "Your sixteenth?"

"My foster mom bought me a Little Debbie cream filled cupcake and stuck a candle in it." I told him. "That was the most exciting thing I ever did on any of my birthdays combined."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously."

Kells shook his head. "I mean, my dad didn't do much for my birthday for me, but he always bought me some clothes or something. When my mom was still around, I always got cake and ice cream, and a shit ton of presents."

"I don't even want to do anything today." I sighed. "There's nothing special about the anniversary of my birth. I just want to stay in bed, sleep, cuddle, watch some movies, have sex, cuddle more, eat, watch more movies, have more sex, and cuddle more."

"Well, I have absolutely no problem with that at all." Kells smirked, winking. "But, I will be going out and picking up something for you while you stay here."

He got up and slipped on a shirt and jeans. "What are you gonna pick me up?" I asked curiously.

"Just some breakfast. Maybe a Little Debbie cream filled cupcake and a candle." He smiled. I grinned, rolling my eyes. He started to walk away, but I stopped him.

"No, I want kisses!" I yelled childishly, extending my arms above me.

He smiled and walked over to me, bent down, and kissed me gently with his soft lips. "I love you." He whispered before standing up, looking into my green eyes with his baby blues.

"I love you too." I smiled and bit my lip. He kissed me again before standing up and leaving.

I smiled to myself and closed my eyes, slowly falling back asleep.
***

I awoke later in the morning when I heard a door shut. I opened my eyes and sat up to see Kells, holding two bags. One was from McDonald's and the other was from Walmart.

"Happy Birthday, beautiful." He smiled sweetly, stepping over my legs and sitting next to me.

"Thanks." I said with my scratchy morning voice.

He poured out the McDonald's bag on the bed, which contained a sausage mcmuffin, a couple hashbrowns, a hotcake, and some breakfast burritos.

"You spoil me way too much." I chuckled as he handed me a couple burritos, a hashbrown, and the mcmuffin.

"Not yet." He smirked, leaning toward me and kissing my cheek.

I furrowed my eyebrows when he opened the Walmart bag and pulled out a box of cream filled Little Debbie cupcakes.

I laughed when he opened one up and stuck a candle in it, lighting it with the lighter he kept in his pocket.

"Make a wish, babygirl." He said softly, holding it in front of me.

I smiled and thought for a minute. After finally deciding, I closed my eyes and blew out the candle.

"What did you wish for?!" Kells asked eagerly, handing me the cupcake.

"I can't tell you, or it won't come true." I smirked, pulling out the candle and like the chocolate and the filling off of it and setting it aside.

"Pleeeease?" He whined, taking a bite of his burrito.

"Someday." I promised.
***

After we finished breakfast, we did just what we said we would. Since Kells aunt wasn't home, it made it a lot easier to complete successfully.

We ended up watching three movies today. We watched Scream, which is a gore movie about bunch of murders, but isn't really all that scary, we also watched Finding Nemo and The Notebook.

I don't even understand how I convinced him to watch it with me. He was really against watching a chick flick, but I was also against watching Scream, so it was only fair.

After the movie was over, Kells laid back, pulling me down with him. I smiled and pressed my forehead against his chest, kissing a tattoo.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, scooting down so that we were eye level.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Your mom, babe." He reminded me.

I sighed and closed my eyes, feeling a lump rise in my throat. But I played it off like I was fine.

I opened my eyes and forced a smile. "Yeah, she's a dumb bitch anyway. I'll be just fine. Trust me." I lied.

He pressed his lips into a flat line. "You're lying."

"What?"

"You're lying." He repeated, a firmer tone this time. "I can see it. You try to hide your frown behind that beautiful smile, but you can never hide those sad, sad eyes of yours."

He was right. I've never really been okay. I always live with the thoughts of why my mother never was around. Was it because she didn't love me? It led me to attempting, but failing suicide four times.

I opened my mouth to say something, but he cut me off. "You don't have to say anything." He leaned down and kissed the left side of my chest, where my heart is. "That thing inside you can only take so much hurt, before it completely shatters. I hope that while I'm around, you'll never have to worry about that, because I'll make your heart swell up so much with love that you'll have enough in there for the both of us."
-----------

I'm doing a time hop to senior year for the next chapter, so yeah. I thought I'd just let you know. I think I'll probably have around ten more chapters of this. I don't want it being too long because there will be a sequel. So don't complain that it's too short because the other one will be around the same length xD

Also, the story will be in Kells pov for a while, unless I say otherwise.

Stay wierd.
-Bam

June 16, 2016