13- Without Her

What did I do wrong? Did I say something? Why did she leave me? She swore to me she never would.

I ended up going to school that day. Creds to my aunt.

The minute I got on that school bus that day, I felt all eyes on me. "Where's wifey?" Someone chortled. I clenched my jaw and tried my best to get over it as I kept walking to the back.

As soon as I sat down and the bus started moving, a girl with long blue hair approached me and sat next to me. I hadn't talked to her since I came here in freshman year. I think her name was Gracie or some shit like that.

"Hey, Kells." She grinned with a flirty voice, putting a hand on my upper arm.

I looked over at her with a confused look. "Who gave you permission to touch me?" I said flatly.

Her smile fell and she hesitantly moved her hand and placed it in her lap. "So, where's Christy?" She asked eagerly.

"Her name's Kris." I rolled my eyes, scooting away from her. "You about done yet?"

"No, not quite." She giggled. "Let me show you what a real woman looks like under her clothes."

"Bitch, just go the fuck away. Didn't no one ask you to come talk to me." I hissed. She widened her eyes. "I don't fucking want you, hoe."

She sighed. "Fine, god damn." She finally got up and walked away.

If this is what it's gonna be like without Kris here, I'm gonna end up losing my mind. I don't know what I'm gonna do without her.
***

"Mr. Baker!"

I quickly opened my eyes, putting my head up, looking at Ms. Mohler, who was standing in front of my desk.

"What?" I growled.

"There will be no sleeping in my class."

"Well, it's a little late for that, don't ya think?" I mouthed off. She rolled her eyes and walked over to her desk, sitting down.

"Your previous teachers said you were trouble." She told me. "Keep this act up, and you won't amount to nothing but a screw up."

"Yeah, well at least I'll be doing something with myself." I shot back at her. The classroom grew quiet. "You're over there, not believing that I'll ever be able to do shit with my life, but once I become great, you'll be begging me for an autograph for your son or some shit."

"Richard, do you realize that you literally have no chance of being famous?" She sighed. "I don't know what kind of fantasy land you've been growing up in, but you will never be more than another piece of shit living in Cleveland."

People all around the classroom made oooh sounds. I clenched my fists under my desk. "And what the fuck are you doing with yourself that's so damned special? Bitch, you make less in a year than a garbage man does. Why don't you stick to doing your job and teaching us about the bullshit, false information we call history, instead of sitting here, telling me what I can and can't do with my life?"

Ms. Mohler widened her eyes. I heard whispers around the room. "Is that how you talk to your teacher?" She gasped in disbelief.

"Well, I just did, didn't I?" I smirked, forcing a chuckle.

I know that if Kris was here, she would be going off on me. I probably actually wouldn't have said any of that if Kris was here. This has probably happened every day in every class since school started a couple months ago.

"Out. Now." Ms. Mohler ordered, pointing to the door.

A few people laughed as I stood up, grabbing my pencil and my mp3 player, putting my headphones around my neck.

"Gladly." I said loudly, making my way out of the room.

I didn't know where I was walking. I was just walking aimlessly through the halls. I finally stopped when I got to the atrium, and plopped down on it.

"Jesus Christ." I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

Will she ever come back? Will I have to search to find her? Does she want me to find her? If I do, where will she be? Why did she leave? Did I do something wrong? Did I say something? Did she just not want to be with me anymore? Did I no longer make her happy?

All these questions ran through my head as I reminisced all the memories I had of Kris. All the amazing times we had together. When she showed me what a shotgun kiss was, the first time we had sex, watching all those scary movies together just because she hated them, her stealing all my clothes, everything.

There was this looming guilt in me. I felt like this was all entirely my fault. Every memory we'd ever shared together is all I'll ever have of her. She was my first love and my first loss.

I've searched everywhere for this girl. I talked to Jovana, and she has no idea where she could be. I must've walked every street in east Cleveland, and went into every store and asked if they've seen her, and no one has any idea who or where she is.

I put my head in realization of what day it was. December seventh. Her birthday is tomorrow.

Damn.
-------

I had a conversation with my dad yesterday, and it was basically me asking to get my nose pierced. At first, he said absolutely not. He said to wait until I move out. Then, five minutes later he said it was cool and to have my step-mom take me in whenever I want it. I think I should be a lawyer.

Stay wierd.
-Bam

June 22, 2015

P.s. this chapter didn't really take that long to write. I got grounded.