15- Passing Grades

"Lilianna, would you please just leave me alone?" I sighed, looking down at the short blonde girl.

"Why?" She pouted, batting her eyelashes at me. "You're not still thinking about Kris, are you?"

"Of course I am. I haven't moved on." I told her. "I think it's best that you go."

She nodded understandingly. "Sorry." She whispered before getting up and walking to the front of the bus and sitting down.

One month. One month and I'm out of this place. I'm not sure if I'm graduating yet though. I haven't been paying much attention to my grades this year. If I don't this year, I'll just bust my ass and make sure I do next year.

The bus neared my stop and I put my hat on and stood up. I got off when the bus came to a halt.

I walked the short five minutes to the house, smoking a small joint on the way. I threw it on the ground and stepped on it before walking up on the porch and entering the house through the front door.

"Hey." I greeted my aunt, grabbing a muffin off the stove.

"Hey." She smiled as I sat down next to her at the kitchen table. "Grades came out today."

"Oh, yeah?" I asked, wiping crumbs off my jeans.

"Yeah." She said in a monotone. She grabbed my grade card off the table and looked at it. "I honestly didn't expect this from you."

"That bad?" I groaned.

She smiled at me. "You passed."

"I- I passed?" I exclaimed, grinning wide.

She nodded, smiling proudly. She handed me the grade card and I looked at it. I got all b's and c's.

"Holy shit, this is better than I thought it would be." I laughed. Then I froze in realization, my grin growing wider. "I'm gonna graduate!"

"I'm so proud of you." She chuckled.
***

"Richard, get in here, I need to take your measurements."

I scrunched my eyebrows together and shut off my Xbox. I got up off my bed and walked onto the living room and saw my aunt leaning against a wall, holding measuring tape.

"Extend your arms." She told me. I did without hesitation.

"Why are you measuring me?" I asked her as she measured the length of my arms, and the width of my shoulders.

"I have to order your cap and gown by Tuesday. I can't do that if I don't know your measurements."

I nodded. After a small period of silence, I broke it.

"I wish Kris was still here. We always told each other how we would graduate together." I frowned.

"I know, baby." She sighed, measuring the length of my legs. "You guys were great, you know?"

"She was the best thing I ever had." I felt a tear roll down my cheek and I just let it go, along with a few others.

After she finished measuring, she threw the tape on the couch. "Promise me something?" I asked, putting my hands on her shoulders.

"What?"

"You'll never leave me." I answered. "I've already been left by my mom, my dad, and Kris. You're really all I got."

"I promise." She smiled, pulling into a hug.
***

I heard someone knocking on the front door. I opened it and saw Dubo and Slim standing there.

"Yo, you wanna go do something?" Dubo smiled at me.

"I can't today." I frowned.

"Why not?" Slim asked. "You got a hot date or something?"

"Man, I'm graduating today." I yawned.

"Oh." Dubo smirked, exchanging a look with Slim. "I think we're just gonna have to take you to a strip club tomorrow."

"Hell yes." I laughed. "Pick me up at four."

"Got ya." Slim nodded before they both turned and walked to Slims car and got in.

I smiled and walked over to the couch and unmuted the TV.

Probably two hours later, my aunt showed up with my outfit I'm wearing to the graduation ceremony.

"Go get dressed." She told me, handing me the clothes. "We're leaving in like twenty minutes."

I nodded and went to my room and threw on the outfit which consisted of a suit jacket, a dress shirt, and my ripped jeans with my chucks.

I threw on my snapback before following my aunt out the door and hopping on her piece of shit pickup.

"You grab my cap and gown?" I insured before she started the truck.

"Yeah, they're in the glove box." She nodded while backing out of the driveway.

When we got to the football field, almost everyone was there already. I went into the locker room with everyone else.

Half the girls were wearing skimpy dresses that nearly showed their asses with heels that probably made them a foot taller.

I kinda zoned out until it was time for them to call the names.

"Richard Colson Baker." Our vice principal said into the microphone, picking up my diploma.

I smiled and stood up, walking to where he was standing. I collected my diploma, shook his hand, and then walked back over to my seat and sat down.

This is the part in my life where I can either continue to go up, or I'll fail. I'm finally free and capable to show the world what I'm really made of.
------------------------------------------

Sorry this one is so short *sadface*

Also there are sexual details in the next chapter. If you don't want to read that, skip to the chapter after the next, which I think is 17.

Stay wierd.
-Bam

June 22, 2016