Chapter 38 - Forced Hands

"Monsters don't sleep under your bed they scream inside your head." - Unknown

*Shorty! Also, this may be a bit triggery for some.*

*A few days later*

The muffled voices over the week didn't matter much to Hazel, she knew it was Violet and Tig, not Chibs, so she didn't care. He'd been distant since she told him the truth, the kind of distant she wished he had been before but now his absence tortured her.

Killing Pope felt good, the rage burned as it flowed out of him, but since then Chibs too grew darker. He arrived at the apartment and interrupted a conversation between Tig and Violet.

"I want to take her home." He said staunchly.

Tig saw himself out, hiding in the kitchen, while Violet and Chibs went at it. He watched and listened carefully though, just in case either one for carried away.

"She is home," Violet corrected him. "She wants to be here."

He shook his head, a few strands of white streaked hair falling in his face, and pointed toward the bedroom.

"She was drugged and raped and almost overdosed," he reminded Violet. "She needs to heal and she needs to stop blaming herself. Christ, she thinks she cheated on me. She was raped," his voice rose with each syllable. "Why hasn't anyone told her that?"

"No shit," Violet scoffed. "She's not ready for that truth, nowhere near ready, and she doesn't need you forcing anything."

"You don't think it would help her to know it ain't her fault? I know her, she's blaming herself.

"You think you know everything," Violet growled. "You think you know her so much better than anyone, but you don't."

"I know her," he growled.

"Of course you do," Violet snapped. "But not better than me."

"Brother," Tig intervened. "I think Vi is right."

"That your head or your dick talking?" Chibs rolled his eyes. "Pope and the Niners destroyed her, she's got no idea how anyone feels about this now. You gotta tell her it's fine."

"It's not fine," Violet snapped. "She's holed up in bed, won't eat, won't talk to us."

"Chibs, brother," Tig was surprisingly serious. "It's bad." He draped a supportive arm around Violet.

"She ever get like this before?" He asked slowly opening up to the idea that it would take much more than simply him to heal her.

"High school," Violet mumbled. "And when our mom died." She seemed hesitant to admit it. "We both have our issues with depression and shit."

The heard the shower turn on and Violet smiled. "That's a good sign."

"Let me talk to her," Chibs grumbled. "Can't do anything without her agreeing anyway, not at this point."

"It's gonna be okay, baby girl," Tig said quietly. He comforted Violet as Chibs disappeared into the bedroom.

"I'm scared, Alex," she sniffled. "For Hazel, I mean."

"I know," he wrapped his arms around her. "We'll-"

Tig was cut off by the sound of Chibs hollering for help. When they burst into the room it was empty so they immediately moved into the bathroom. 

Violet burst into tears when she saw her sister, lying in the tub, wrists bleeding profusely, as the shower poured down on her. Jumping into action, Tig called 911 while Chibs pulled Hazel from the tub.

"Please baby," he sputtered. Tying towels around her wrists. Picking her up, Chibs cradled Hazel in his arms and cried until the paramedics pried her from him.