Pilot - New Beginning

A/N: Hi guys, so I hope you like this story! This is really far ahead on another site called Quotev, so I'll be posting it from there. Thank you for reading <3Beth

  Raelynn's P.O.V.

The gleaming lights of Denver are reflected in my motel window. I watch the lights flutter about while I'm braiding my brown hair so it falls in a French braid to my mid-back. It's usually hip length and curly, but I keep it up for what I'm doing tonight. It makes my powder blue eyes stand out and my pale skin makes it stand out even more. My thick black lashes enhance my eyes even more, and as I shrug on my leather jacket over my dark green shirt and tie up my combat boots I think about Allison and whether she's safe, but I know Dad won't let anything happen to her. I leave the motel key on the bed, pick up my cell phone, duffel bag holding my clothes and my car keys and walk out, climbing into my 1967 black Impala and throwing my duffel bag into the back. I turn on the GPS on my phone and find the person I want; two streets away where no one goes. Perfect.

The engine of the Impala purrs to life as I turn the key in the ignition and roll out of the motel parking lot. I turn onto the street where my GPS is pinging and see the man I want heading down a dark alleyway between two closed factories. Dumbass. Climbing out of the Impala and opening the trunk, I take out my bow and arrows, swinging the bag holding my arrows over my shoulder and the other hand grasping my bow, keeping it out of sight. I quickly grab a couple ring daggers too and then follow the guy into the alleyway.

He turns and I immediately sense his fear. "Please . . . Please don't hurt me."

"You're begging?" I scoff. "How pathetic. You should be fighting."

"You're right," he says, leaping high into the air. I try and reach for my dagger but I'm not quick enough, and he sends my body crashing to the concrete. I groan as I roll sideways to avoid his claws from killing me.

I stand up and throw a dagger at his arm, keeping him trapped between the floor. "Stay," I order, and he growls. I draw my bow and his eyes grow wider. "Adios." And I let go. He tries to make a scream but his mouth pools with blood and I quickly exit the alley, only to be blinded by the rising sun as I get to my car. When I'm in and preparing to leave, my cell phone starts ringing. I glance at the caller I.D. before putting it on speaker. "Hey, Dad."

"Raelynn," my dad's strict voice comes through the phone. "Is it done?"

"Yes sir," I answer and then cringe as I realize what I'm doing. "Uh, I'm on my way home."

"Don't bother, we've moved house and Allison has packed your things. Your mom is sending you the address now. We'll meet you there."

"Okay," I reply, and as I'm about to hang up he says my name, keeping me on the line.

"I'm proud, honey," he says gently, and I melt. "See you later."

I grin as I hang up, shoving my phone into the back pocket of my jeans. The drive should take me about 17 hours in good traffic, so I floor the gas pedal and head for the highway, excited to be seeing Allison again. She's my twin sister, the only Argent daughters. Our dad, Chris Argent, is nice and everything but super uptight. In case you were wondering what my little fiasco was back there, it was my job. I am a werewolf hunter like everyone else in my family except from Allison. She's been 'Daddy's Little Girl' from day one, but from the day I could walk Dad was training me to fight and defend myself against werewolves. Mom hasn't always approved, because she sees us both as her little girls, but now she's taken more of a shine to Allison. The only person in my family that I really get along with is my aunt, Kate, simply because she was the one to teach me everything.

Kate had been the first one to give me a mythology book on werewolves and how to destroy them. She'd read it to me when she stayed and she wouldn't be allowed to read it to Allison because Allison knows nothing about this 'supernatural' world. I was never allowed to tell her and neither was anyone else. She was to be told when she was ready, which I don't think is going to be ever. She's too kind but she's a killer with a bow and arrow.

We're only sixteen and it's rare for someone in this job to be this young while hunting but Dad said I was ready, and I've never failed on a hunt yet. I've only ever had a scratch that wasn't deep enough to cause me to turn into a werewolf, although they've tried. Where I'm so successful in my hunts werewolves know about me, which is probably why the werewolf tonight was pleading.

When I finally reach California a good 16 hours later I still need to try and find my address, so I slow down a bit. While driving through a woody area I realize that my car is making a chug sound as we go along. I widen my eyes as we start to slow even more, but I rev the engine until the car splutters.

"No," I say, shaking the steering wheel a little bit. "Come on, Darlin', don't do this to me!" She eventually stops as I pull over to the side of the road. "Come on, I fixed you up a week ago!" I whine, but I know she's gone. I jump out and look under the hood, seeing smoke come up. I cough and wave it away. I pull out my cell and find a mechanic's number, dial it and ask for a pickup. Luckily I have spare cash on me so I can pay him without having to pay using Dad's money.

Stiles' P.O.V.

I hang over Scott McCall's porch roof to find him stood there with a baseball bat. We both scream until he realizes it's only me. I give him an irritated expression.

"Stiles, what the hell are you doing?" Scott shouts at me.

I raise my arms in defense, which is harder than you'd imagine when you're upside down. "You weren't answering your phone. Why do you have a bat?"

Scott chuckles slightly before saying, "I thought you were a predator."

I narrow my eyes slightly. "A pre - I - wha - look, I know it's late, but you gotta hear this. I saw my dad leave 20 minutes ago. Dispatch called. They're bringing in every officer from the Beacon Department, and even State Police."

"For what?"

"Two joggers found a body in the woods." I give him my excitement look.

"A dead body?" Scott asks, and he sounds confused.

I fall down from the roof and stand back up, looking at him seriously, sarcasm coming his way. "No, a body of water. Yes, dumbass, a dead body."

"You mean like murdered?" He sounds a bit shocked, almost as if he doesn't believe me.

"Nobody knows yet," I shrug. "Just that it was a girl, probably in her late 20s." I recite the radio call I heard come over my dad's radio.

"Hold on," Scott says, using his arm he's holding the bat with. I eye it cautiously. "If they found the body, then what are they looking for?"

I get excited now; here comes the best bit. "That's the best part. They only found half . . . " I trail off as I give him time to catch up and when he does he's staring at me like I'm crazy. "We're going," I nod.

We park my Jeep at the entrance to the Reserve and walk through the woods, me holding the flashlight and Scott following behind me. As we trail through the woods I can hear Scott's breathing getting more and more intense as his asthma kicks in.

"We're seriously doing this?" he wheezes behind me.

I roll my eyes. "You're the one bitching that nothing ever happens in this town."

I know he's scowling at my back. "I was trying to get a good night's sleep before practice tomorrow."

I scoff. "Right, 'cause sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort."

"No, because I'm playing this year," Scott says, defending himself. "In fact, I'm making first line."

"Hey, that's the spirit. Everyone should have a dream, even a pathetically unrealistic one."

"Just out of curiosity," Scott says, changing the subject, "which half of the body are we looking for?"

"Huh!" I say, thinking it over in my mind. "I din't even think about that."

"And, uh, what if whoever killed the body is still out here?"

"Also something I didn't think about," I reply, starting to climb a hill. This part is going to be tough on him with his asthma.

"It's - " he draws in a breath, "comforting to know you've planned this out with your usual attention to detail."

"I know," I say smugly as I climb higher.

"Maybe the severe asthmatic should be the one holding the flashlight, huh?" he suggests.

I don't necessarily hear him, but when I see something move up ahead, I rush forwards. "Wait, come on!" I hear Scott calling my name behind me, but I'm running and I'm pretty sure he's behind me. Suddenly, a different flashlight to my own is being shone in my face, and I fall backwards, startled from the light.

"Hold it right there!" I hear a cop say. Oh great.

"Hang on, hang on," I hear a familiar voice say. "This little delinquent belongs to me."

I raise my arm to protect me from the flashlight light. "Dad, how you doing?" I smile and I see him shoot me a look. My dad is the Sheriff of Beacon Hills.

"So, do you, uh, listen in to all my phone calls?" Dad asks me.

"No, heh. Not the boring ones," I shrug. At least I'm being honest.

"Now, where's your usual partner in crime?" Dad asks, looking behind me into the pitch black forest.

My mind quickly spins a lie. "Who, Scott? Sc - Scott's home. He said he wanted to get a good night's sleep for first day back at school tomorrow. It's just me. In the woods. Alone." I realize how stalker I sound and shake my head slightly.

"Scott, you out there?" Dad shines the flashlight into the trees but Scott must have hidden because he carries on calling him. "Scott?" After another pause he grabs the back of my neck, forcing me forwards. "Well young man, I'm gonna walk you back to your car. And you and I are gonna have a conversation about something called invasion of privacy."

And he delivered just that, all the way back to my Jeep. I climb in and text Scott to tell him that I had to go, and considering he lived closer to here than I did it should be fine. I heard thunder crackle as I turned the key in the ignition and drove away. The rain starts to pour about five minutes into my drive, and I look up at the sky as I drive, seeing the moon is covered with clouds. I look back at the road but in the glare of my headlights I see a black car pulled over to the side of the road and a girl looking under the hood. Deciding to be a gentleman, I pull over on the other side of the road and climb out, running over to her.

"Hey!" I have to shout to be heard over the roar of the rain. "Need a lift?"

"I'm okay," the girl replies, "just car trouble." She shrugs and her wet hair slides over her shoulders. It's long, like hip length long, and brown and curly. Her eyes are powder blue and her skin is pale, but she's beautiful. I've only ever said that about Lydia Martin.

"An Impala?" I say as I look at the car and whistle slightly. I see her smile as I turn back to face her. "Nice. Do you want me to call someone?"

"I've called a mechanic and he said he's on his way," she says with a nod.

She doesn't have a hood on her jacket so I take off my coat and drape it over her head. She smiles and holds it gratefully while I put my jacket hood up.

"I'm Stiles, by the way," I say with a smile.

"Raelynn," she says, and then squeaks when thunder rumbles. "Sorry, I'm not the best with this kind of weather."

I ask her to sit in the Jeep with me while we wait for the mechanic to arrive, and I turn on the heaters as high as they'll go. Raelynn sighs as she warms up, and I smile at her. We talk for a little while, and I find out I've got quite a bit in common with her. She likes Star Wars, video games, lacrosse, sports and classic rock. I tell her about lacrosse being the sport in Beacon Hills and then she tells me she'll come to every game. I offer to ride her home when the mechanic arrives, and she shows me the address through her texts.

"Newbie, huh?" I say as we follow the mechanic.

"Just moved down from San Francisco," Raelynn answers, her hands still by the heaters.

"You lived there your whole life?" I ask, curious for more information on this girl.

"Uh, no, but we lived there for more than a year, which is very unusual for my family," she replies. I nod and then she asks me a few things. "So, what were you doing out here?"

"Could ask you the same thing," I say with a smirk.

"Stiles, I had car trouble and was trying to find my new house," she giggles. "Are you a stalker?"

"What, no!" I say loudly, making her laugh. "I was just out for a drive. I couldn't sleep."

"You do that too, huh?" she asks, watching me with those blue orbs. "In San Francisco I used to find the most isolated place and drive there when I couldn't sleep, and just stare out at the stars and the city lights. It was beautiful." We turn into her drive and the mechanic stops, making me stop. She turns to smile at me. "Thanks for the ride. See you at school?"

"Yeah," I nod as she climbs out, handing the mechanic the money. I wait until he front door is open before I put the Jeep into reverse, and I watch her give a little wave as I drive away.