Night School - Who the hell do you think you are?

Raelynn's P.O.V.

"Derek killed the janitor?" Jackson asks. He seems to not be believing Scott, and me and Stiles glance at each other nervously.

"Are you sure?" Allison asks. I can see Scott building with nervousness, paranoia and anger. He really needs to calm down.

"I saw him," Scott replies.

"The mountain lion-" Lydia tries to say as mine and Stiles's eyes rise to the ceiling in shock. He can't be serious. Scott's actually going along with this.

"No, Derek killed them."

"All of them?" Allison says.

"Yeah, starting with his own sister."

"The bus driver?"

"And the guy in the video store - it's been Derek the whole time. He's in here with us. And if we don't get out now - he's going to kill us too."

"Call the cops," Jackson says, turning to me and Stiles.

"No," I say, and Jackson glares at me and does a small chuckle.

"Wh - what do you mean 'no'?"

"She means no," Stiles says, his arm wrapping round my waist. I know I'm flushing but hopefully no one sees it in the dark cafeteria. "You wanna hear it in Spanish? No. Look, Derek killed three people, okay? We don't know what he's armed with."

"Your dad is armed with an entire sheriff's department," Jackson argues. "Call him."

"I'm calling," Lydia says, dialling 911 on her cell and putting her cell phone to her ear.

"No, Lydia, would you just hold on a sec-" Stiles moves forward to reach for Lydia's phone, but Jackson pushes his chest. Stiles falls backwards and I grab him, keeping him on his feet.

"Hey, watch it," I warn Jackson. Jackson just glares at me again, and I step back into Stiles to show I'm not changing my mind.

"Yes, we're at Beacon Hills high school," Lydia says quickly. "We're trapped, and we need you to - but -" She moves the phone away from her ear in shock. "She hung up on me."

"The police hung up on you?" Allison asks, almost amused.

"She said they got a tip warning them that there are gonna be prank calls about a break-in at the high school. She said if I called again that they're gonna trace it and have me arrested," Lydia explains.

"Okay, then call again," Allison suggests, reaching for Lydia's phone.

"No, they won't trace a cell and they'll send a car to your house before they send anyone here," Stiles says quickly, and I sigh, rubbing my face with my hands.

"What the - what is this?" Allison asks. She's getting frustrated and scared, which is not a good mix. "Why does Derek wanna kill us? Why is he killing anyone?" Everyone puts their eyes on Scott, and he looks up from the floor, confused.

"Why's everyone looking at me?" he asks innocently.

"Is he the one that sent Allison the text?" Lydia asks.

"No," Scott answers, too quickly. "I mean, I don't know."

"Is he the one who called the police?" Allison asks. She's gonna fire questions at him now, and stress him out even more.

"I don't know!" Scott shouts. Allison closes her open mouth and steps back a little as Lydia scoffs. I glare at Lydia, then Jackson, and then Scott.

"All right, why don't we ease back on the throttle there, yeah?" Stiles suggests, and I grab Scott's ear and drag him away from the others. I cross my arms over my chest as we stand a little away, still whispering to make sure that they can't hear us. "First off, throwing Derek under the bus like that, nicely done."

"I didn't know what to say," Scott sighs. "I had to say something. And if he's dead then it doesn't matter, right? Except if he's not. Oh, god, I totally just bit her head off." He glances back over to Allison to see her looking at the floor.

"Yeah, you did," I snap. Scott flinches when I speak, and I sigh. "But she'll totally get over it. Bigger issues at hand here, like how do we get out alive?"

"But we are alive," Scott mutters. "It could have killed us already. It's like it's cornering us or something."

"More than likely," I say nodding my head. "I mean it is a freaky son of a bitch."

"So what, he wants to eat us all at the same time?" Stiles asks.

"No," I say while narrowing my eyes, the way I do when I think during a conversation. "Derek said it wants revenge."

"Against who?"

"My family?" I suggest.

"Maybe that's what the text was about," Stiles says. "Someone had to send it."

"Okay, assheads," Jackson says, getting our attention and making us all turn. I make a face of disgust when I look at him, but Allison catches my eye and she tries to tell me to tell her what's going on; but I can't. She's safer if she doesn't know. "New plan. Stiles calls his useless dad and tells him to send someone with a gun and decent aim. Are we good with that?"

"Useless dad?" I shout, making to go at Jackson, but Scott grabs me. That doesn't stop my big mouth though. "Who the hell do you think you are?"

"Rae!" Scott says, before clamping his hand over my mouth. Then he turns to Stiles. "He's right. Tell him the truth if you have to, just - just call him."

"I'm not watching my dad get eaten alive," Stiles hisses.

Jackson goes to grab Stiles' phone, but with the left over adrenaline from pretty much all night, I raise my hand into a fist and swing, making it come into contact with Jackson's cheek. His jaw is very defined, so my knuckles hurt afterwards, but it was damn worth it. Jackson falls to the floor, and Lydia and Allison immediately rush over to him, making sure he's okay. I pretty much couldn't care less.

"Jackson!" Allison gasps, looking up at me in shock and then back down at Jackson. "Are you okay? Hey, are you okay?" Jackson stands and makes to move at me, but Stiles steps in front of me and dials his dad's number. I shake my head at Jackson and Allison, but she's shaking her head at me.

"Dad, hey it's me," Stiles says. "And it's your voicemail. Look, I need you to call me back now. Like, right now. We're at the school." Suddenly, a force hits the cafeteria door, making the tables and chairs we'd stacked up against it rattle. "Dad, we're at the school." Stiles hangs up and pushes his phone into his pant pocket, and I grab his hand.

"Oh my God," Lydia breathes, and everyone does a small scream when the door forces open a bit more and we can see the corridor outside.

"The kitchen," Stiles says as we back away from the door. "The door out of the kitchen leads to the stairwell."

"Which only goes up," Scott points out.

"Up is better than here," I say, turning to run through the door. Everyone follows and we're soon running through one of the second floor corridors, and I throw open a door and usher everyone inside until Stiles pulls me in along with him, and I realize I've dragged us into a Chemistry lab.

"Jackson, how many people can fit in your car?" Scott asks, out of breath.

"Five, if someone squeezes on someone's lap," Jackson answers.

"Five?" Allison gasps. "I barely fit in the back."

"It doesn't matter," I breathe, my back leaning against Stiles as he leans against the wall. My leg is throbbing so much. "There's no getting out without drawing attention."

"What about this?" Scott asks, pointing to a door. "This leads to the roof. We can go down the fire escape to the parking lot in, like, seconds."

"That's a deadbolt," Stiles points out.

"The janitor has a key," Scott answers, walking over to me and Stiles.

"You mean his body has the key," I say, holding up a finger.

"I can get it," he says. "I can find him by scent, by blood."

"Well, gee, that sounds like a horribly terrible idea," Stiles whispers. "What else you got?"

"I'm getting the key," Scott says, adamant on his plan.

"Are you serious?" Allison asks, coming up behind him. Scott turns and looks to the floor.

"Well, it's the best plan," Scott says. "Someone has to get the key if we wanna get out of here."

"You can't go out there unarmed," Allison protests. She's desperate to try and keep Scott safe. She's gonna do anything she can to try and convince him to stay.

"Well, it's better than nothing."

"There's gotta be something else," Stiles says, looking around.

"There is," Lydia speaks up, and we all turn to face her.

"What are we gonna do, throw acid on him?" I sneer, and she sneers back.

"No. Like a fire bomb. In there," she nods to the cupboard in front of her, "is everything you need to make a self-igniting Molotov cocktail."

"Self-igniting -" I begin to say, shocked that she knew that.

"Molotov cocktail," Lydia finishes tightly. "What?" she asks when everyone gapes at her. "I read it somewhere."

"We don't have the key for that either," Stiles points out.

"For the love of God," I say, picking up one of the stools and hitting the glass, smashing it around my feet. "Now get to work, nerds."

Lydia scoffs but starts to pull everything out of the cupboards, asking Jackson to hand her things when she asks for them. Allison helps to, while Scott paces in front of the door and I sit against the wall at the back of the class, checking my ankle. When Derek had swiped my legs out from under me at the animal hospital, it had turned a weird way and I was fairly sure it was broken, but now I'm thinking it might be sprained. Stiles kneels beside me and helps me to roll up the legs of my jeans. He takes my boot off to help, and slowly lifts my leg up so it's not too painful.

My entire ankle is swollen and a deep purple, like it's bruised. I breathe a sigh of relief knowing that it's just a sprain, if that. "Thank God it's not broken."

"Does it hurt?" Stiles asks. We're incredibly close together, but the others are all preoccupied.

"A little," I shrug. "Not like it did. I guess I'm ignoring it now." He tucks a strand of my wild hair behind my ear and kisses my temple. My breath catches in my throat and he pulls away, smiling. "Thanks."

"Welcome," he says gently, putting my boot back on carefully and rolling my pant leg back down. He helps me up while Lydia asks Jackson for the sulphuric acid.

"No," Allison says when Lydia hands Scott the Molotov cocktail. "No, this is insane, you can't do this. You cannot go out there."

"We can't just sit here waiting for Stiles' dad to check his messages," Scott says firmly.

"You could die," she says quietly. She's trying to hold back her tears now, too. "Don't you get that? He's killed three people."

"And we're next," Scott argues. "Somebody has to do something." He goes to walk out but Allison grabs his arm.

"Scott, just stop. Do you remember - " she takes a breath and carries on, "do you remember when you told me you knew whether or not I was lying? That I had a tell. Well, so do you. You're a horrible liar." She starts to cry as she realizes the enormity of what Scott is about to do. "And you've been lying all night. Just - just please - please don't go. Please don't leave us." She reaches forwards and kisses him, a deep kiss with something that looks like it could be goodbye in the worst scenario. Scott kisses her back but is the first to pull away, even though they rest their foreheads against each other's for a while.

"Lock it behind me," Scott says to me. I nod and follow him to the door, and as soon as he's out, I lock it. Allison is gaping at me and I pull her into a hug while she just breathes deeply, squeezing me back tightly. My eyes glance towards the door, and I wonder just how Scott is going to win against a creature that is 10 times as strong as him and has killed three people, and he has never killed one.