Code Breaker - Thanks dad

Raelynn's P.O.V.

"You get one phone call," Peter hisses. "One. That's it."

Stiles kneels beside me, grasping my hand tightly. I can't find the strength to hold it back, but I manage a tiny squeeze. Stiles is dialing a number in his speed dial, and holds his cell to his ear. "Dad. It's me. Something real bad has happened to Rae."

I lay there as Stiles calls his dad, the scarlet liquid pooling over my chest. His hand is in mien, clutching it tightly. I cough as blood trickles from my mouth, and Stiles whips round to Peter.

"Let me take her to my dad," Stiles begs. Peter rolls his eyes and holds his arm out.

"Take her, and then you're helping me find Derek," Peter snaps.

Stiles nods and bends down, his arms lifting me gently from under my legs and supporting my back. "Okay, come on Rae, just stay with me."

I cough again, and I see blood staining his white shirt. "Your shirt." He looks down as he rushes me across the field and back to the parking lot. "I'm so sorry, Stiles."

"Shut up," he hisses. "This is not your fault. This is his fault, he attacked you and-"

"Sssh," I whisper, putting my blood stained hand on his cheek. "It's the code, Stiles. I need to-"

"No, you're not dying on me now," Stiles says determinedly.

I laugh and stop because it hurts. "Your shirt is ruined."

"Don't worry about my shirt," he says. His head whips around as he looks for someone. "Dad!"

"Stiles, I - Rae!" Sheriff runs over, and his hand places itself on my shoulder. I'm suddenly in his arms as Stiles passes me over. "Stiles, where the hell are you going?"

"Please, just look after her, okay?" Stiles asks, retreating.

My mouth is dry as I watch him retreating, but everything is starting to blur as the burning pain spreads. "Stiles-"

"Stiles, get your ass back here," Sheriff shouts. But Stiles is gone. He turns, still holding me against his chest. "Someone get me an ambulance, now! Now, dumbass, now!" He looks down at me and I smile up at him, and in no time at all two ambulances arrive. I look to the side to see Jackson holding Lydia, who is still unconscious. Sheriff gets into one of the ambulances with me while Jackson and Lydia get into another.

"Sheriff, do you have any idea what happened?" a paramedic asks as he secures me in the transportable bed.

Sheriff shakes his head and I hold up my hand, which he takes immediately. "I'm gonna keep you safe, Rae, okay? I promise I'll keep you safe."

My eyes close, and the paramedic starts speaking long words which I have no idea what they mean. "Thanks Dad," I manage to say, before an oxygen mask is placed over my face, and everything goes black.

Stiles' P.O.V.

Peter and I are driving along in the Jeep, and I'm following his instructions. My shirt is covered in Rae's blood, and my mind keeps traveling back to her. My eyes cloud with tears as I realize I left her without saying that I love her.

"Don't feel bad," Peter sighs from the passenger seat. I clench my hands on the steering wheel. "If Rae lives, she'll become a werewolf. She'll be incredibly powerful."

"Yeah, and once a month, she'll go out of her freaking mind and try to tear me apart," I snap.

"Well, actually, considering she's a woman, twice a month," Peter adds. I shoot him a look and then turn my eyes back to the road, glaring angrily at the road.

The drive is silent, but eventually his directions lead us to a parking garage. I park beside a sleek black car, and get out. Peter suddenly grabs me and hauls me to the black car.

"Whose car is this?" I ask, looking at it.

"It belonged to my nurse," Peter responds, walking round to the trunk. I follow him, not really wanting to get my throat torn out.

"What happened to you n -" I trail off as he lifts the trunk open and it reveals the corpse of his nurse, her blank eyes staring at us. He takes out a laptop case and shrugs at me. "Oh, my God!"

"I got better," he says, shutting the trunk again. He opens the laptop case and pulls out an Apple Mac.

"Good luck getting a signal down here," I say. "Oh, MiFi. And you're a Mac guy. Does that go for all werewolves, or just a personal preference?"

Peter gives me a look that tells me to shut up. "Turn it on. Get connected."

I sigh and duck my head quickly before bringing it back up to look at the screen. "You know, you're really killing the whole werewolf mystique thing here." Another shut up look. "Look, you still need Scott's username and password, and I'm sorry, but I don't know them."

"You know both of them," Peter says immediately.

"No, I don't," I say. His hand suddenly clamps down on the back of my neck, forcing my face forwards so it's against the keyboard of the laptop.

"Even if I couldn't hear your heartbeat, I would still be able to tell that you're lying," he says simply.

"Dude, I swear to God -"

"I can be very persuasive, Stiles," he says, tightening his grip. "Don't make me persuade you."

He finally lets go of my neck, allowing me to step back and connect to the MiFi and to try and locate Scott's phone, which is still hopefully with Derek.

"What happens after you find Derek?" I ask, stopping typing for a second to look at him.

"Don't think, Stiles," Peter says bluntly, nodding his head to the laptop. "Type."

I carry on tying but still talk. "You're gonna kill people, aren't you?"

"Only the responsible ones," he says.

"Look, if I do this, you have to promise to leave Scott out of it," I demand.

Peter looks at me with an incredulous face before returning to his normal stony-faced expression. "Do you know why wolves hunt in packs? It's because their favorite prey are too large to be brought down by one wolf alone. I need Derek and Scott. I need both of them."

"He's not gonna help you," I answer, looking at the screen and shaking my head.

"Oh, he will," Peter nods. "Because it'll save Allison. And you will, because it will save Scott. Your best friend whom you know so well, you even have his username and password." I sigh and type the correct password and username, allowing us access to what we needed. Peter looks at me, and I nod. "His username is 'Allison'? His password is also 'Allison'."

"Still want him in your pack?" I scoff, and Peter rolls his eyes. I look back at the screen, and my eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Wait, what the - that's where they're keeping him? At his own house?"

"Not at it," Peter concludes. "Under it. I know exactly where that is. And I'm not the only one." A howl suddenly surrounds us, and I glance at Peter. He packs his laptop away, shutting the trunk that also hides the dead body. "Give me your keys?"

I fish them out of my pocket, not wanting to fight against him. "Careful. She grinds in second." He suddenly crunches the keys in his fist and then hands them back to me. I scoff and put them back in my pocket. "So you're not gonna kill me?" Peter approaches me, and I realize I should have let that go. "Oh God."

"Don't you understand yet?" Peter asks. "I'm not the bad guy here."

"You turn into a giant monster with red eyes and fangs, and you're not the bad guy here?" I scoff.

"I like you, Stiles," Peter says strategically. "Since you've helped me, I'm going to give you something in return. Do you want the bite?"

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Do you want the bite?" he tries again. "If it doesn't kill you - and it could - you'll be come like us."

"Like you."

"Yes, a werewolf," Peter says simply. "Would you like me to draw you a picture? That first night in the woods, I took Scott because I needed a new pack. It could've easily been you. You'd be every bit as powerful as him. No more standing by his side, watching him become stronger, and quicker, more popular, watching him get the girl. You'd be equals. Maybe more. Yes or no?"

"I have a perfect girl," I snap. "And I don't wanna be like you."

"Do you know what I heard just then?" Peter says quietly. "Your heart beating slightly faster over the words 'I don't want'. You may believe that you're telling me the truth, but you are lying to yourself. Goodbye, Stiles." He gets into his car and speeds away, leaving me with my crumpled car keys.

Finally, I get to Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital, rushing through the elevators to the floor where Rae is. There's police officers on the floor, and I spot Lydia in a room, her mom sat with her. Then I rush over and see Rae in a separate room, tubes and needles in her arms. I'm sweating and breathing heavily as I go to walk in, but someone grabs me and spins me round.

"You know what?" Dad hisses. "It's good that we're in a hospital, because I'm gonna kill you."

"I'm - I'm sorry," I pant. "I lost the keys to my Jeep, I had to run all the way here."

"Stiles, I don't care!" he shouts.

I flinch and turn round. She's covered in scratches and there's a band-aid over her stab wound on her chest. "Is she gonna be okay?"

"They don't know," Dad sighs, looking sadly at Rae. "Partially because they don't know what happened. She lost a lot of blood, but there's something else going on with her."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"The doctors don't know," he says. "Her body keeps healing wounds and then stopping them. Like she's able to heal them real fast." He stares at me. "Do you have any idea who or what attacked her?"

"No," I say straight away. There's no way I'm dragging him into this. "No, I have no idea." Dad sighs and kicks the wall as Melissa comes over to us, dragging us into Rae's room.

"I've tried to contact her family, but it keeps going to voicemail," Melissa explains. "Stiles, you're her boyfriend. Can't you call them?"

"I doubt they'd come," I sigh, running my hand over my hair.

"Allison was here," she says. "Looking for Lydia. Only Lydia. She didn't ask anything about Rae."

"We're her family," Dad says, smiling. "She's got us."

Melissa nods. "Okay, well, Stiles, what the hell happened?"

"I - I don't know," I answer, looking down at Rae. Her heart monitor is bleeping consistently.

"What about Scott?" Dad asks.

"What do you mean?" I ask. "What about him?"

"Did he see anything?" Melissa walks off as Dad starts asking me these questions.

"What do you - is he not here?"

"What are you talking about?" Dad says, shaking his head slightly. "I've been calling him on his cell phone. I've gotten no response."

I pause and then look at him. "Yeah, you're not gonna get one."

Dad goes off to talk to the Deputy, so I sit in Rae's room, holding her hand gently. I hear someone at the door and see Jackson stood there, a little blood on his shirt from Lydia I'd presume.

"Hey," I say, looking at Rae quickly and then back at him.

"How is she?" Jackson asks.

"Hurt, pretty bad," I say honestly. "But the doctors say that she's healing herself, and then stopping again."

"So, she's turning?" Jackson asks. I nod. "Well, the doctors are saying Lydia is having a kind of allergic reaction to the bite."

"Allergic reaction?" I ask. Then I think of something. "Wait, Rae stabbed herself after Peter attacked her."

"Why the hell would she do that?" Jackson says.

"She told me once, that when hunters are bitten by a werewolf, they need to kill themselves before they turn," I explain. "It's part of the code. She was following the code, and the knife was silver."

"Silver is bad for werewolves, right?"

"Uh, yeah," I say. "She's healing and then getting hurt again because she stabbed herself with silver." I stand up and run after my dad as he walks down the corridor, leaving Jackson to watch Lydia through the glass.

"Stiles, listen, just go wait with your friends, all right?" he says.

"Dad, tell me," I say. "Look, you know it has something to do with Derek."

"What?" Dad asks, confused. "But I thought you two said you barely knew him."

"All right, we might know him a little better than that."

He grabs the back of my neck and drags me away from the nurses. "You do realize I'm elected to this job, right?"

"And if I help you firgure this out, you'll be re-elected," I say, trying to point out a positive. "Dad, come on."

"You know what?" he says. "Rae has nothing to do with a six-year-old arson case."

"When did you decide it was definitely arson?"

"When we got a key witness," he says. "And, no, I'm not telling you who it is, but yeah, we know it's arson. And it was probably organized by a young woman."

"What young woman?"

"If I knew that, she'd be in jail." He rolls his eyes as I start making exaggerated arm movements.

"Was she young then, or is she young now?" I ask quickly as his cell phone starts ringing.

"She's probably in her late 20s," he answers, dragging his phone out of his pocket. "Oh, I gotta grab this call."

"You don't know her name?" I shout after him, making him turn around, his cell still ringing.

"No, I don't - What is this? 20 questions? All we know is that she had a very distinctive, what do you call it?" he says, trying to think and motioning around his chest. "A pendant."

"What the hell's a pendant?"

"Stiles, do you go to school?" he says angrily. "A pendant! A pendant! It's a necklace. Now, can I answer the phone?"

"Yes," I sigh.

"Thank you," he says, finally answering the call. "Stilinski. Yeah."

I link my hands together and run them furiously over my head. I hurry back to Rae's room, pacing for a while, until I know I need to try and find Scott. Dodging people as I rush, I head for the elevator. As I pass Lydia's room, Jackson grabs my arm.

"Hey, where are you going?" he asks.

"To find Scott," I answer, turning to face him.

"You don't have a car," he states irritatingly.

"I'm aware of that," I snap. "Thank you."

"Here, I'll drive. Come on." He takes his keys out of his pocket.

"Look, just because you feel guilty all of a sudden doesn't make it okay, all right? Half of this is still your fault, and I include the half where my girlfriend is in here, wounded and her body trying to heal itself because she's turning into a frigging werewolf!"

"Look, I have a car," Jackson says calmly as I breathe heavily. "You don't. Do you want my help or not?"

"All right," I say, looking down at my shirt which is still stained with Rae's blood. "Did you bring the Porsche?"

"Yeah, that's what they keys are for," he says sarcastically.

"Good," I say, quickly snatching the keys from his hand. He gives me an irritated look as I twirl them around my finger. "I'll drive."

As we turn around, Chris Argent and two men, presumably hunters, wearing red shirts stand in our way.

Chris smiles and looks at me and Jackson. "Boys. I was wondering if you can tell me where Scott McCall is."

I make a face like I'm trying to think. "Scott McCall? Uhm, haven't seen him since the dance. Jackson, you?"

"I-" Jackson tries, but is such a bad liar he can't say anything.

I tip my head back and groan, something Rae would do if she was here. "Oh, for the love of God."

"Let's try this again," Chris says, taking a step towards us. "Where is Scott McCall?"