Magic Bullet - You two dating or something?

Stiles' P.O.V.

"Oh, my God," I say in response to what Derek has just told me and Rae. He's just told us one of us has to cut off his arm. His freakin' arm! "What if you bleed to death?"

"It'll heal if it works," Derek replies, his words muffled from the blue duct tape in his mouth. He's wrapping it around his arm above the bullet wound, presumably to stop him bleeding out.

I look over at Rae to see a huge smile on her face, and she's bouncing on her toes. "How are you excited about this?"

She grins up at me. "I've never had to do something like this before." When she sees my astonishment she rolls her eyes. "Oh, come on Stiles, this is interesting."

"Interesting?" Derek and I say at the same time.

"Please tell me how it's interesting," I say.

Derek talks at the same time I do so our words come out slightly confused. "This is gonna be painful for me, so could you not be excited?"

"Sorry," she says quietly, backing away slightly. Some of her hair has come out of her braid that falls down her back, so I reach over and tuck a piece that's in front of her eyes behind her ear. She blushes and moves forward to stand right beside me, facing Derek.

He sighs as he's done. "If you two are finished flirting." He pushes the saw towards me. "I trust you more than her. But I barely trust you."

"Ugh," I say. "Look. I don't think I can do this."

"Why not?" Derek huffs.

I narrow my eyes at him as I grip Rae's hand discreetly under the table. "Well, because of the cutting through the flesh, the sawing of the bone, and especially the blood!"

"You faint at the sight of blood?"

"I don't," Rae hints, and I smile down at her quickly before looking back up to Derek.

"No, but I might at the sight of a chopped off arm!"

"All right, fine," Derek says. "How about this-"

"I cut it off," Rae says, reaching for the saw. Derek snatches it away and she pouts.

"No," he says sternly. "Either you cut off my arm, or I'm gonna cut off your head."

"Okay, you know what," I say, pointing at Derek, "I'm so not buying into your threats any -" But he grabs the top of my shirt, pulling me so half my body is over the table. I hear Rae squeak from behind me and I shake my head. "Okay. All right, fine, bought, sold." I say quickly so he releases me. "Totally. I'll do it. I'll do it." Rae grasps my arm as I move to pick up the saw, and Derek's body bows. "What? What are you doing?" He leans over the side of the table and throws up black fluid, and me and Rae crinkle our noses in disgust. "Holy God, what the hell is that?"

"It's my body - Trying to heal itself," Derek breathes, stretching his left arm out over the table and resting his head on his other arm.

"Well, it's not doing a very good job of it," Rae says, peering around my shoulder.

"Now," he says. "You gotta do it now." He closes his eyes and Rae grips my arm tighter.

"Look," I say as a final ditch attempt to get out of it. "I honestly don't think I can."

"Just do it!" Derek shouts, and I jump, as does Rae.

"Oh, my God," I say, placing the blade of the saw against Derek's skin, just beneath where he's wrapped the duct tape. I put my finger on the 'start' button and breathe deeply. I only pay attention to two things; where the blade is going to cut, and Rae's rhythmic circles she's rubbing onto my back. "Okay, okay. Oh, my God. All right, here we go!"

"Stiles! Rae!" Scott's voice comes through the door of the Animal Clinic and I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Scott?" Rae calls, taking her hand off of my back quickly.

Scott comes around the corner and into view of us and the table, and his eyes widen. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Oh, you just prevented a lifetime of nightmares," I breathe, and Rae giggles. Scott smiles as Derek stands up, holding his hand out.

"Did you get it?" he asks shakily.

"What are you gonna do with it?" Rae asks. Scott hands the bullet to Derek, who holds it tightly

"I'm gonna - I'm gonna -" But he doesn't finish what he's saying because he suddenly falls to the floor. He drops the bullet as he falls and it rolls over to a grate, falling through it. Scott rushes over to get that while me and Rae try and wake Derek up.

"Derek. Derek, come on, wake up!" Rae says, shaking his shoulders.

"Scott what the hell are we gonna do?" I shout over to him. He's led on his stomach with his hand under a cupboard.

"I don't know," he shouts back. "I can't reach it."

"He's not waking up," I shout as Rae shakes him harder. "I think he's dying. I think he's dead!"

"Just hold on!" Scott answers. "Come on. Oh! I got it, I got it!"

Rae moves so I can try and wake Derek up, but I think of only one way. "Please don't kill me for this," I say as I make my hand into a fist and strike his face as hard as I can. "Ugh, ow! God!"

"You good?" Rae asks as Derek sits up. I nod yes and she helps him to his feet, and Scott hands him the bullet.

Derek pulls the bullet out of the cartridge and then empties the wolfsbane onto the table, setting it alight. Then he picks up the ashes of the wolfsbane between his fingers and shoves it into the bullet hole. He collapses to the floor, screaming in pain. I push Rae behind me instinctively, just in case Derek turns. He's writhing about, but I watch the infection quickly heal. Derek stands back up with the help of Scott, and mine and Rae's mouths are wide open.

"That. Was. Awesome!" I say, smiling broadly at all three of them. Only Rae returns the smile. "Yes!"

"Are you okay?" Rae asks, and Derek stares at her.

"Well, except for the agonizing pain," he says.

"I'm guessing the ability to use sarcasm is a good sign of health," I say, and Rae presses her mouth together to stop laughing but she hits my arm to make me stop. "I should take Rae home. I'll see you guys later."

Me and Rae leave the Animal Clinic, but she tells me not to drop her home. "How come?" I ask as we're driving in the Jeep.

"Allison text. She said that Dad made Scott stay for dinner and then Kate accused him of stealing something from her bag. Luckily Allison took something so she stopped Kate from carrying on."

"Where do you wanna go?"

"Anywhere," she sighs.

"I gotta make one stop first," I say, turning in the direction of my dad's office. When we get there, I walk in with Rae to see him sat in his office. "You can wait here or come with me."

"I'll come with you," she says, quickly standing beside me. "Places like this creep me out."

I laugh and open the door to my dad's office. "Hey, Dad."

"Stiles, what are you-" Dad starts to say, but shuts up when he looks up and sees Rae. "Oh. Hi."

"Hello, sir," she says politely. I smile down at her.

"Dad, this is Raelynn Argent, remember?" I say. "The one I told you about."

"You told your dad about me?" she says quietly, and I shrug.

Dad walks over and shakes Rae's hand. "Nice to meet you, Raelynn."

"Rae, please," she says with a smile. "It's nice to finally meet you, Sheriff. Stiles has told me quite a bit about you, also."

"He has?" Dad looks surprised.

"What?" I ask with a shrug. "Can't I say stuff."

"Depends what you're saying," Dad replies, narrowing his eyes.

Rae laughs, and her phone starts to ring. I smile as she excuses herself and walk over to Dad.

"Why'd you bring her here, Stiles?" he asks. "You two dating or something?"

"What? No." I put my hands on my hips and look back to see her on the phone. She gives a small wave and I smile.

"You like her though," he says. "A lot."

"I don't know, I've not known her that long-"

"Doesn't take that long, Stiles," he says. "When you know, you know."

I nod and turn round to see Rae coming back towards us. "Do you want to go home?"

"If that's not too much trouble?" she asks, and I shake my head. She shakes my dad's hand once more. "So nice to meet you."

"Likewise, Rae," he replies, holding up his hand as a wave when we walk out.