Restraint - Invisible

Raelynn's P.O.V.

My hair flicks out behind me as my scent leads me back to Erica. She'd walked away from me when I was asking her about Jackson's parents, and I need answers. I run down the corridor towards her, bumping into several people as I do so. "Do you know how they died?" I ask, and I know she's smirking as she struts a little ahead of me.

"Maybe," she replies, and I glare at the back of her. "If you tell me why you're so interested." I stammer a little, not wanting to say anything, but then she tilts her head a little. "It's him, isn't it?"

"What?" I say, stopping in my tracks. "Him who?"

"The test didn't work, but it's still him," Erica says, walking off. "It's Jackson."

I stay still, gaping in horror after her. After everything we've done, trying to not let them find out, I just led them right to Jackson. I see the familiar blur of Stiles and grab his arm as he walks past. "Stiles!"

"Rae," he says, looking at me with concerned eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Erica guessed it," I say, hurrying after her.

"Guessed what?"

"That Jackson is the kanima," I say, turning my head around and pulling on his arm to make him move quicker. "I think she's headed to him now." Stiles and I run down the corridor until we're once again beside Erica. "Erica, look, you can't tell Derek, okay?" She just scoffs, so Stiles steps in.

"There's a lot more to this that you don't know about," he explains. "And just because you got the Alpha bite makeover doesn't give you a license to go around destroying people."

"Why not?" Erica snaps, spinning around on her heel to face. I step protectively in front of Stiles a little, but he takes my hand and pulls me back, making us equal. "That's all anybody ever used to do to me." I feel a tiny pang of sympathy in my chest as she says that, remembering that before the bite everyone would laugh at her because of her epilepsy. "I used to have the worst crush in the world on you." Both mine and Stiles's eyes widen at her, and she chuckles. "Yeah, you, Stiles. And you never once even noticed me." Stiles sighs and looks down, but he taps my arm and makes me look down, too. From underneath the door of the boys' locker room, a large puddle of water is escaping. "Exactly how you're not noticing me right now."

As Erica says that, the door to the locker room is broken down, and Jackson and Scott tumble out, trying to hit each other in the process. Scott is on the floor, and Jackson is standing over him and grabbing his collar. Erica and I rush forwards, gripping onto Jackson and hauling him off of Scott while Stiles helps Scott to his feet. Erica wraps her arms around Jackson's neck to keep him against the wall, and Stiles and I each have one of Scott's arms to keep him from ripping Jackson's head off.

"Scott!" Allison gasps as she rushes out, and once I know Stiles has Scott tightly, I let go of him and hurry over to my sister. "Rae, I'm fine."

"You sure?" I ask, checking over her quickly for any injures just as Scott lunges once more at Jackson, and I push on his chest to keep him back. "Are you stupid!"

"What the hell's going on!" Harris' voice travels down the corridor as he rushes up to us. I spot a small crowd gathering around, and Matt is bending down to the floor to pick something up. "What do you idiots think you're doing? Jackson, calm down." Scott runs a hand through his wet hair as I keep hold of Allison's arm, looking between everyone. "Mr. McCall, you wanna explain yourself?" When no one answers, he turns to Stiles. "Stilinksi!"

"You dropped this," Matt says, catching my attention on him. I turn to look at him holding the tablet with the bestiary on it, and snatch it from his hands with a grateful smile.

"You," Harris says, pointing at Scott and Jackson, "and you . . . Actually, all of you. Detention. Three o'clock." We all stare at him as he walks off with a smug grin on his face, and I look to Matt apologetically as he's been roped into something he had nothing to do with.

Once Jackson and Erica are gone, I punch Scott in his chest. He looks at me in pain, but I glare at him. "You're an idiot," I snap. "Jackson has a restraining order against us three. Why couldn't you just leave him alone?"

"I tried to tell him I was fine," Allison adds, and I sigh as I pick up my discarded bag. "Uh . . . Rae, I need to talk to you. Privately."

"Sure," I nod, and we link arms as we walk away. Allison stays silent until we're outside and sat on a bench with no one around. I chuckle nervously as I look at her scared expression. "Alli, you're scaring me. What's wrong?"

"Matt asked me out on a date," she blurts out, and my eyebrows raise in surprise.

"Oh," I nod, and she licks her lips. "And what did you say?"

"Yes," she answers, bowing her head in shame as I gape at her. I was fully expecting her to have said no. "I mean, there wasn't anything I could have said because Scott and I aren't actually supposed to be dating, and -"

"Alli, calm down," I laugh, and she takes a breath. "Have you told Scott?" She shakes her head. "I'm sure he'll be fine with it. I mean, he knows you love him and that he love you. This might show Mom and Dad that you aren't still dating or hung up on Scott."

"So you're saying I should tell him?" Allison asks, and I nod like it's obvious.

"If you don't, you'll be kind of secretly dating two guys," I say, and Allison crinkles up her nose as we laugh together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At three o'clock, Allison, Scott, Stiles, Jackson, Matt, Erica and I walk into the library. Harris points us to our tables, and Erica sits beside me and opposite Scott and Stiles, placing her laptop onto the table. I look up at her, but her face is impassive as she looks over to Jackson when his voice disrupts the silence of the library.

"Oh, uh - we can't be in detention together," he says, looking over to me, Scott, and Stiles. I glare at him, and he smirks slightly. "I have a restraining order against these tools."

"All of these tools?" Harris asks, and I raise my hand in the air and swipe it at the boys opposite.

"No, just us tools," I answer, and Harris smirks.

"Fine," he says. "You three, sit over there." We stand up and move, and I purposely take my time, before slumping into my chair opposite the boys again.

Scott looks over to Jackson and then leans forwards to me slightly, so his voice can't be heard. "I'm gonna kill him."

"No, you're not," I say quickly. "You're going to find out who's controlling him and then you're gonna help save him."

He considers it for a moment, and then looks back at me and Stiles and shakes his head. "No. You were right, let's kill him."

"Oh-" I groan, putting my head onto the table.

"No," Stiles says, almost like he's talking to a young child. We sit in silence for a few moments before Stiles speaks, making me lift my head up to look at him. "Hey. What if it's Matt? I mean, this whole thing comes back to the video, right?"

"Danny said that Matt was the one who found the two hours of footage," Scott points out.

"Exactly!" Stiles says, and I smile at how excited he's getting. "He's trying to throw suspicion off himself."

"So," I say, "he makes Jackson kill Isaac's dad, one of Argent's hunters, and the mechanic working on your jeep?"

"Yes!"

"Why?"

"Because . . . " Stiles trails off, not sure on a reason. "He's evil."

"You just don't like him," I accuse, and Stiles shrugs as Scott smirks at the two of us.

"The guy . . . bugs me. I don't know what it is. Just look at his face." Scott and I look over at Matt to see him eating a packet of chips, and he offers some to Jackson, shaking the bag encouragingly.

I snort and turn back to Stiles. "Yeah, he looks like he could kill a human being."

"Any other theories?" Scott asks, and Stiles sighs with a shake of his head.

"I have to go to the bathroom," Jackson says, holding his head and swinging his bag onto his shoulder as he stands up. My eyes follow him as he walks towards the exit of the library, and then they flicker to Allison, who shrugs in confusion.

"Are you all right?" Harris asks, his eyebrows furrowed as Jackson walks past him. "Hey, you don't look so good."

"I just need to get some water," Jackson mutters as he leaves the library.

Harris stands and points at all of us. "No one leaves their seats."

As soon as he's out of the room and following Jackson, I glance to Scott and Stiles and know they have the same idea. We all leap from our seats and rush over to Erica's table, and she smirks as we all sit down, the places that we were in before Harris moved us.

"Rae says you know how Jackson's parents died," Scott says.

Erica shrugs one shoulder. "Maybe."

I glare at her, and she turns to me, feeling my gaze. "Talk."

"It was a car accident," Erica explains, putting the book she was writing in down on top of her laptop. "My dad was the insurance investigator, and every time he sees Jackson drive by in his Porsche, he makes some comment about the huge settlement he'll be getting when he's eighteen."

"So not only is Jackson rich now, but he's getting even richer at eighteen?" Stiles asks incredulously.

"Yep."

"There's something so deeply wrong with that."

"You know what? I could try to find the insurance report on my dad's inbox. He keeps everything." Erica pulls her laptop closer to her and opens it, and I give Stiles a reassuring look that she's actually helping us.

"Scott McCall, please report to the principal's office," the voice on the speaker says, and Scott looks up to the ceiling before groaning and standing. I glance at Allison, who is watching him leave. Then my eyes turn back to Erica's laptop, and Stiles moves around to look. He pulls me to my feet, sits down on my chair and then pulls me down to his lap.

"Wait, look at the dates," he says after a moment, and Erica pauses. Stiles is pointing around me, but keeping one arm around my waist to keep me against him. Jackson walks back in and sits down, his face wet like he's splashed it with water.

Erica reads from the insurance details. "'Passengers arrived at the hospital DOA. The estimated time of death - 9:26pm, June 14, 1995."

"Jackson's birthday is June 15th," I point out, and we all look at each other with confused expressions. I hear movement behind me and see Harris packing his bag to leave, so I head over and grab mine and Stiles's from the other table, and then head back for Scott's. Matt, Allison and Jackson stand up and do the same, but Harris starts laughing at us, and I roll my eyes.

"Oh, no, I'm sorry," he laughs, and his face shows absolutely no sympathy. "Uh, yes, I'm leaving. But none of you are. You may go when you're done with the re-shelving." He pats the large trolleys beside him, and all of us hold the same expression as we stare at it. "Enjoy the rest of your evening."

I glance over to Allison, who shrugs and stands up and walks over to the trolleys. Scott comes back in as we're pushing one of the trolleys up an aisle, and Stiles and I explain to him what Erica showed us. "It means he was born after his mom died," I say. "By c-section."

"They had to pull him out of her dead body," Stiles finishes. Allison didn't hear what we found either, and her eyes widen a little as she watches us talk.

"So was it an accident or not?" Allison asks.

"The word all over the report is 'inconclusive'," Stiles says.

"Then his parents could have been murdered?" Scott suggests.

"If they were, it fits with the kanima myth," I say. "You know, it seeks out and kills murderers."

"But for Jackson?" Allison says. "Or the person controlling him?"

"We have to talk to him," Scott says urgently. "We have to tell him."

"He's not gonna l -" but Allison is cut off when Scott walks past her and out into the main part of the library to get Jackson. I stay with the other two, but suddenly there's a crash that comes from Scott's direction, and I peek my head around the corner just in time to hear Scott shout.

"Erica!"

The lights above me, Scott, and Allison explode, and I throw myself on top of Allison, sending her crashing into Stiles. We fall on the floor, and I growl up at the ceiling before hurrying out to find Scott and Erica. I spot Erica in one of the aisles, laying on the floor, her body convulsing. My eyes widen and I hurry over to her.

"Hey," I soothe, running my hand over her hair. She's been paralyzed by the kanima, but she's still shaking. "Hey, woah, hey! I think she's having a seizure!"

"He's alive!" Allison shouts, clearly indicating to Matt, who must have been paralyzed, too.

I grab Stiles's arm. "Hey, we need to get Erica to a hospital." I'm holding her head in the crook of my arm, the rest of her body in my lap and on the floor.

She grips my arm with her fingers, shaking her head and managing to mutter out, "Derek - only to Derek." From my place on the floor holding Erica, I can see a half-transformed Jackson stood by the chalkboard, holding a piece of chalk in his hand and writing something on the wall. "Derek. To Derek."

"Ssh," I hush, holding her against me as Jackson writes his message. He doesn't look like he knows what he's doing, but once he's finished, he takes off, jumping out through a window and leaving the library slightly trashed. "'Stay out of my way or I'll kill all of you'."

"Rae," Erica breathes, and I look down to her. Once I know it's clear, I shout for Scott.

He comes rushing over to us, and I can see Allison crouched with Matt from the space on the bookshelves. Stiles is sitting beside me, but Erica hasn't stopped convulsing. Scott turns to look at Allison. "When we get her to a hospital -"

"To Derek. To Derek," Erica begs, and I shake my head at Scott.

"We're not taking her to a hospital," I sigh. "Scott, we can't. We have to take her to Derek." Scott looks back to Allison, and she nods at him.

"Go," she mutters.

Scott shakes his head. "I'm staying here with you."

"Scott!" I snap as Erica starts convulsing more violently.

"Rae and Stiles can't take her alone," Allison argues. "Not like this. And Matt . . . I've got to call an ambulance for him. Just go."

"This doesn't feel right," Scott mutters, rushing round to be by Allison's side.

"It's okay," Alli reassures, staring into Scott's eyes.

"No, it's not," Scott says, looking down and shaking his head. "No, it's not right."

"It doesn't . . . it doesn't mean anything."

"But it feels like it does."

"Scott, go. Go."

"Okay." He sighs and leans forwards, pressing a kiss to Allison's forehead. Her eyes catch mine as she looks through the bookshelves, and I nod before standing to help Scott and Stiles carry Erica to Derek.

"Hold her up," Derek informs me, and I hold Erica the way I was holding her in the library.

"Is she dying?" Stiles asks hurriedly.

"She might, I . . . " Derek seems unsure, but rolls up the sleeve of Erica's leather jacket anyway. "Which is why this is gonna hurt." I flinch as he breaks Erica's arm, and she cries out in pain, her screams echoing around in my brain as I try to keep her still.

"You broke her arm!" Stiles gasps.

"It'll trigger the healing process," Derek explains. "I still gotta get the venom out. This is where it's really gonna hurt." Scott's hand is over his mouth as Derek's claws sink into Erica, her blood dripping onto the newspaper underneath her. The cries she lets out are more painful than anything I've ever heard.

Once Derek finishes, she collapses against my chest and laughs up at me. "You make a good Batman, Rae."

I laugh down at her and hold her tighter as Derek continues with his min-torture that's supposed to help. I leave her with Stiles once her head droops and I know she's passed out, so I can go and join Derek and Scott outside.

"You know who it is," Scott accuses, and I look to Derek in shock.

"Jackson," he says, confirming our suspicions.

"You just wanted Erica to confirm it, didn't you?" I snap. Derek gives me a look, and I don't look away. His Alpha stare doesn't intimidate me the way it should.

"I'm gonna help you stop him," Scott says, taking me by surprise. "As part of your pack. If you want me in, fine. But we'll do it on one condition. We're gonna catch him, not kill him."

"And?" Derek asks.

"And we do it my way," Scott retorts, and after a moment I give the same offer to Derek, but only if he does it Scott's way. For some reason, I feel like a lamb, but to me Scott feels like my Alpha . . . that is until he makes a really bad decision, and then I'm on my own.

I head back into the train to check on Erica, and smile at her as she smiles up at me. We could've been friends, but like she said, she was invisible. And no one ever saw her.