44. Dance With My Father / DDM

YOUR P.O.V
If I could get another chance, another walk, another dance with him I'd play a song that would never ever end, how I'd love love love...

*Phone convo*

"Is he coming mom?"

"Y/N..."

"Please tell me he'll be there for my wedding."

"He can't make it sweetie, I'm sorry."

"He's so unfair mom"

"Please Y/N, I hope you understand, he really can't make it. Besides he sent a video"

"Video? Every birthdays I celebrated, video greeting. Graduations, video greeting. Even my own wedding? It's really unfair, why can't he just show up for even a few minutes?"

"Someday you'll understand."

"I hope it's not too late when that 'someday' comes, you know what mom I'm too close in giving up"
I angrily shut my phone down after texting my mom. I'm always telling myself to not keep my hopes up, but I thought that maybe on my wedding day, in the most important day of my life, he'll be here with me, he'll come back to me and he will be the one to walk me in the aisle.

I was eight years old when mom and dad told me that they're going on a trip and they left me with my aunt, they told me that they'll be back soon. A few days passed and Mom is the only one who came back, I asked her where my father is and she didn't answer me, she only said that she'll explain everything next time.

Days have passed, weeks, years, Daddy never came back, and the only things that I received from him are the video clips he sent me every special day of my life, like birthdays, recognition or graduation.

"Y/N are you ready? Your make-up artist is here, please stop watching your dad's throwback videos" I took a glance at Skylyn my best friend along with the make-up artist. They walk towards me, she introduced me to the make-up artist then we talked about what my gown looks, what my dream style look like, the theme and where will the wedding be held. Based on the things I said, she just nodded but by the look on her face I know that she knows how I want the wedding or the place to look like. I almost forgot the conversation I've had with mom. Almost.

My heart extremely beats on my chest, I feel excited and anxious as they opened the closed double doors of the church. The moment I stepped inside, it felt magical. All eyes were on me, and I claimed the most beautiful title just that moment.

The inside of the church looks astonishing, the aisle was dazzled with rose petals, the side was decorated with well-arranged flowers. Almost every place was colored with pink and blue, the place really was magical. The decorations were great but the highlight for me is the people who came to my wedding day. Their smiles made me happy, their eyes were gladly telling me that they're congratulating me. Everything was perfect, but then in the center of the aisle, Mom was the only one there, waiting for me.

It's just really depressing to think that in this day, on my special day, he's not here. I thought he'll be here that he can reconcile every single day that he's not with me.
I walked passed the people and in the altar my prince Hayes waits.

I was pouting at Hayes while he just stare at me, he's always game for the people, every time they make that sound with the glass saying that they wanted to see us kiss. He loved my childish attitude sometimes, and in that moment I felt childish, not knowing that Mom is approaching me. She was holding a CD, written on it was my name and the words that clearly says Her Wedding Day.

I had an idea on what's inside "From him?" I asked. My childish behavior slowly fading because of it. Pain was near waiting to bite me anytime soon, so I held tightly, telling myself to be ready for the worst....

Part two ---->>