77. Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday, DDM

Hi! I am finally able to freaking update!!! It has been what? A month or so? I am so sorry again for not being able to do that. But school year had ended and its finally summer break!!! Yay!!! So hopefully I will be able to update often. I really hope people will like this chapter. Enjoyx

Time again has come. The time I was dreading every year. Most kids won't feel this way when this time comes to them, but to me, it's different. It is the very time that has changed everything.

Let's go back a couple years ago.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"A doll?" dad asked as he sets down his news paper

"I want a doll of a bear for my birthday dad" I told him smiling.

"I see. I'll have to find you the cutest bear then" he excitedly exclaimed. To be honest I didn't mind what I got as a present, a book said girls usually wanted dolls, so I only copied that. I too was excited.

But things had happened.

"What? What work?"

"it's a sudden interview hun and both mom and I have to go." Dad is a singer, mom is his manager, it is only natural for them to always be together even at work. Dad travels with mom and there's an age limit so I never tried to travel with them, unless it is a vacation.

"But we promised! We promised that you'd both be here for my birthday!" the day of the interview was exactly the date of my birthday. Of all days it would fall, they chose it to be the same day as my special day.

"We know. We're so sorry baby, but we can't change the schedule. We already talked to the management but there's nothing they can do" mom said. I know its so selfish of me but this is the only year that they'll be here for my birthday. How can life be so selfish?

"You two are liars! I hate you both!" I don't say that word. It's such a strong word but I can't help it. My emotions are over flowing and it seems like my chest is going to burst. Pain, disappointment, anger.

"I know, we'll pick up your bear on the trip. A really big one. We'll ship it to you okay?" mom said.

"I don't need it!" All I ever wanted was to spend my birthday with them. I don't need anything. I only needed them, can't they understand it? And I know deep down that we can't do anything, but I can't still help myself.

"I hate you both! I hate you!" those were the words I told them before I ran. Away from the both of them, from their luggage, from their room, my sight was blurry as I run down the halls towards my bedroom then locked myself in. Diving straight towards my bed where I cried my little heart out. Both mom and dad went to check up on me before they leave, but I didn't let them in, I didn't even bid them goodbye.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*

Nobody came on my birthday. The housemaid got sick too so I was alone. Until the afternoon, I was still waiting, waiting and waiting. Even though the food is already cold, I'm still hoping that any of my friends will come and join me for my birthday.

I was sitting on the couch with the food mom had prepared in front of me, waiting until the doorbell rang. My gloomy mood reciprocated. Hurriedly I went to get the door, excited to find out who on my friends went and remembered my day, but when I opened the door, a huge guy wearing a suit was there asking me if he can come inside but I politely told him that I was told not to let strangers in, he asked me if I found out what had happened to mother and father. By that my heart had skipped a beat, sure I was still torn but I can't help not to feel guilty about the things I told them. He explained everything to me, how the plane father and mother were on malfunctioned in mid-air and sank into a faraway ocean. How a very important paper sank with them. How there might be a spare copy in my father's study. How important the paper was to the company and how it had to be found.