68. Broken Home (Niall)

Hola amigos!! Sorry if I am only going to update tonight!! Anyways heres the Broken home series for the other guys. Hope ya'll liked this. Btw the first broken home is for Harry alright? Continue...

They would yell, they would scream
They were fighting it out
She would hope, she would pray
She was waiting it out
Holding onto a dream while she watches these walls fall down

It’s already half past 5 in the afternoon when I arrived here in this all too familiar walkway towards my home. I lived here ever since I can remember, the village is filled with lots and lots of modern houses, some old but still looks amazing. People in this village always have peace and respect for each other that’s why I love it in here.

After a couple more walking, our house came into view, already missing the comforts of home since I spent my entire day stressing out at school, I ran, not caring if my feet hurts. I just ran.

“Hola mother! I’m home!” I barged inside, well not before leaving my shoes at the shoe rack just beside the main entrance, if I brought my muddy shoes inside, mother will kill me, and we don’t want that.

“Don’t yell!” she exclaimed as I went to the kitchen where she usually is. I found her there holding a huge bowl, her hair tied into a bun in front of a messy table.

“Ooh cupcakes, what’s the occasion?” I asked sitting on one of the stools, my chin rested on my arms

“Nothing” she sang “What’s for dinner, I’m starving” my stomach growled just after I said the word dinner making both of us laugh

“You sure are. We’ll have dinner when your Dad arrives yeah?” she said making my face fall. But I’m hungry.

She probably read my mind “Here, eat some of this instead” a tower of tuna sandwich in a plate was placed in front of me. Just the look of this heaven made my mouth water. Wasting no time, I grabbed the other half since I can’t eat, well I can eat but the six stacks of sandwiches can’t fit into my mouth so yeah just the first half. You must be wondering why mom have this kind of food? Well I’m wondering too so don’t ask. In the meantime. Bite after bite, chew after chew, swallow after swallow, I Y/N Horan, have finished this six stacks of sandwich in a record of three minutes or less. Well almost actually, I still have one bite, but for dramatic effect. I stare dreamily at the small piece of sandwich resting in my hands. Then immediately shoved it inside my mouth. I must’ve been so hungry that I started to like choke.
I hit my chest a couple of times but the sandwich still is stuck in my throat

“Water” I gasped catching the attention of my mom. She panicked, grabbing her glass of juice then making me drink it, then she hit me on my back, thank God, and of course thanks to mom.

“Are you okay?”

“Yaa, thanks mom. That bloody sandwich was a menace. Still delicious though” I said smiling at her. She just shook her head then laughs “Go on and rest for a bit while I finish this, yeah?”

“You sure you don’t want my help?”

“Nah, I’m alright. Go” then again, she went back to baking. I made my way upstairs towards my room, passing my brother’s bedroom. Every day I think of him, and every day I am missing him. I just wished he’d be here, so that our family will be whole again. But I can’t stop him from doing what he wants right? Sometimes, you need to sacrifice to be able to reach the top. Even though he’s away, he’s still my brother, and I am still his sister, always supporting him no matter what.

I threw my bag on my little couch then went to change for something comfy. Once I’m done, I plopped onto my bed then grabbed my laptop and watched some movies. Halfway through I can feel my eyes getting droopy. I still have a few hours before dinner, mom will just call me right? With that, I closed my eyes.

*slam*

My eyes immediately snapped open

*another slam*

What the bloody hell was that. I glanced at the clock and it’s already 3 am. Oh my gosh, mom’s dinner! I threw my blanket off of me then bolted towards my door.

“Where have you been?!” my mom exclaimed just when I was about to step out of my bedroom

“Just a couple hours with the guys” dad answered “Just a couple hours? Don’t you know what time it is already?” mom again exclaimed her voice rising a bit

“I told you, it’s just for a couple of hours” Dad answered irritation clearly visible in his voice

“It’s Three freaking A.M didn’t you know? You didn’t even left me a message. I stayed up all night waiting for you and this is what you’re going to say! Huh!” Mom yelled. As in yelled. It’s been a couple of weeks since they stopped fighting, and here they are again

“I didn’t asked you to wait for me! I didn’t tell you to stay up all night! It’s your own fault you waited!” Dad screamed back

“It’s not the only thing! Do you know what date today is?! Huh? Do you remember? No, you don’t! You don’t remember a freaking thing! Even for once can you expand the capacity of that brain of yours!” Mom yelled. Omg! It’s their anniversary, that’s why she’s preparing, for their anniversary!

“How dare you talk to me like that!”

“NO! How dare you!” *smash* they never fought like this before.

*smash* some things can be heard shattering, both of them still shouting to each other as they both throw things at each other.

I can’t stand the noise; I don’t want them like this. I shut the door then hid under my thick blanket. I curled into a ball underneath with my hands placed on my ears trying to block the screams and shattering from the other room.

“Dear God, please make them stop” I whispered. “Please make them stop” I kept on repeating over and over until I heard the door slammed open and a footsteps

“What?! You’re just going to leave? Like that? you’ll just run away! No! fix this problem then you can leave!” mom roared following dad from downstairs. I can hear dad yell back then again, a shattering was heard making me flinch. I can’t take this anymore. More tears flow out of my eyes, will this end our family? I sure hope not, after their fight they always made up, I just wish after this, everything will be fine between them. I hope.

*smash*

Every time that a thing gets broken, the shattering were heard from up here making me flinch, I don’t want to go out there, I’m scared. I looked at my phone from my bedside table. Should I call him? Do you think he’s asleep? Well fudge this, I need him.

I dialled his number and after a couple of rings he finally picked up.

“Y/N?” Niall’s groggy voice was heard. Hearing his voice making me cry harder. I missed him. I tried stopping the tears flowing from my eyes but I can’t. I tried choking back a sob I still can’t.

“Y/N, are you crying? Oh my, what are you doing up, it’s like 2 or 3 there. Are you alright? Answer me Y/N” Niall said from the other end

“I… I’m o-okay” I croaked. “What happened?” he asked concerned. I didn’t answer *smash*

“F-you!” mom shouted from down stairs. She never cursed. In fact she hates cursing. Dad must’ve made something to get mom like this

“They’re fighting?” Niall asked from the other end and I nodded. Realizing that he can’t see me “Y-yeah. Again” I said

“What do you mean again?” he asked. As of now, slowly I am calming down and my breathing was back to normal again.

“They always fight. Just not like this” I said “Will mom and Dad be okay?” I asked him “I hope so” he said “I hope so too”

“Ni, can you sing me to sleep?” I asked him “If that’s okay to you”

“Of course. Plug your earphones on.” I plugged my earphones on and Niall started singing lulling me to sleep. His voice blocking the chaos happening between my parents making me forget about them. My mind drifted off towards my family. Niall, me and them. Will everything be alright? Or will this be the reason of the end of my once happy family.

Liked it? Or nah. Anyways please do vote or comment if you liked it. Now, next chapter!!! --->