74. DDM

HELLO PEOPLE OF THE WATTPAD COMUMUNITY! I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE WHO READ MY LATEST UPDATE AND I REALLY HOPE YA’LL LIKED IT. AND TO ALL THOSE WHO LEFT A COMMENT, HELLO TO YOU ALL HAHA, OH AND BY THE WAY, I’M NOT SURE IF I’LL ADD A PART TWO FOR THAT CHAPTER, BECAUSE I’VE WRITTEN IT IN SUCH WAY THAT I DON’T KNOW IF I’LL BE ABLE TO ADD ANOTHER PART AND YEAH. SO THIS NEXT CHAPTER IS PROBABLY A BIT DIFFERENT BECAUSE, I WROTE IT IN A THIRD PERSON’S POINT OF VIEW AND IF IT DOESN’T SOUND THAT GOOD, WELL THAT IS BECAUSE I ALWAYS WRITE IN FIRST PERSON’S POINT  OF VIEW, BUT ALL IN ALL I WANT TO THANK YOU AGAIN FOR NOT LEAVING THIS BOOK, AND FOR WAITING FOR MY SLOW UPDATES, I SWEAR I REALLY WANT TO UPDATE LIKE EVERYDAY BUT SOME THINGS ARE IN MY WAY SOOO.OH AND BY THE WAY, IN THIS PART, THE AGE OF THE DAUGHTER IS RANGING FROM 4 TO 7 YEARS OLD. PLEASE ENJOY XX

It was a long tiring day for Harry, after his classes, he immediately packed his bag getting ready to go home when he noticed the stack of papers in his desk. His once excited state has now gone down, remembering that he still have some unfinished works to do. Being an English teacher is probably one of the greatest achievements of him in his life, he had dreamt of being one ever since he was just a child and this was a dream come true for him, he love his job, yes, but there are times like this that he wished he had just picked a different job, but it’s part of life. He sighed, dropping his bag on the floor and sitting on his desk. Checking the time, he’ll know that he’ll be a couple hours late, but he had a lot to do, so shrugging off everything, his mind determined to finish early, he wore his glasses, and started to get ready. “Let’s get to work!” he said before diving into the pile of works he has to finish.

After a couple more hours, he finally finished everything he has to finish. Looking at the giant clock on his right side, his eyes widen when he realized that he had stayed at school more than he intended to. After stretching his limbs, he immediately grabbed his bag then bolted off towards his car well not before locking his classroom.

As he was driving, he noticed the little droplets of water running down on his car and soon will be replaced by another drop. He must’ve concentrated hard on his works that he didn’t notice about the time and the weather. As he is on the road, the rain had started to pour hard making it not easy for him to drive. But thanks to the streetlights, it’s a wee bit easy, just then a bolt of lightning had appeared followed by a huge clap of thunder. He looked back on the road hoping that the rain will end soon, then it dawned into him, his family is waiting for him at home, he immediately grabbed his phone only to found it empty. He must’ve forgotten to charge it, and having it on a silent mode when he’s on class is probably one of the reasons why he had almost forgotten about it. Nope, he can’t call them now, but they will understand, they know that sometimes he has to finish a lot more work before heading home so it’s alright. He accelerated his speed, wishing that he can arrive home faster. A couple more minutes and he’s now driving into the all too familiar driveway for him, once he had parked his car, he grabbed his bag and climbed down. Thank God, the rain had subsided, he walk / run towards the main entrance and unlocked the front door. He removed his now wet shoes, before getting inside; since his wife is so strict and a clean freak, if that’s even a word, there’s this one time he had let chaos, their dog, in making a mud footprints on the floor, she had lectured him for a while that he had thought that being a teacher is better than being a student, especially when the teacher is his wife. The lights on the living area were off, but the lights on the kitchen were not. So he made his way there, expecting to see his wife waiting for him but found no one, weird, his wife never leaves the lights on when there’s no one in the room, everyone is probably asleep. Realizing that he needed something to relax his muscles, he made himself a hot coffee.

He went to their room, bringing the coffee with him expecting his wife’s sleeping figure on their bed, but the bed’s empty, though he found a note posted on their bedside table, it was his wife telling him that she’s having an extra shift on the local hospital she’s working at. A couple years ago, they met at the school were Harry works, he’s a new English teacher, and she’s the new assistant nurse, of course they never actually interacted, but there are many times when Harry has to bring his sick students into the clinic and that’s where everything else started, but after a couple more years, she moved to work on the Hospital until now.

He stepped into a warm bath, relaxing his tensed muscles and just stayed there for a couple of minutes until he decided that enough is enough. Feeling the absence of the tiredness he felt earlier, he decided that he’ll just wait for his wife until she arrives. So he made his way to his office which is located at the other side of the second floor. He saw that the lights in his office weren’t off so he walks quickly thinking that somebody had broken into their house, but to his surprise he found their daughter sitting on the couch in front of his desk. Harry’s office is like the normal office you’d see, but the thing that made his office way better than the other offices are his bookshelves. His office which was lined up of bookshelves which is stretched from the floor to the ceiling and is filled with tons and tons of books, some book covers are falling apart but the smell of the pages, the very room gives his little daughter that calm vibe making it her most favourite room in the entire house. He thought she’s already asleep, he’s about to confront her when he noticed her state. A copy of his favourite book is seated on his daughters lap as she concentrated on it, as she hugs her stuffy on her other hand.

Harry just stood there, watching her silently with a fond look and a smile on his face. How great it is to see that his little angel share the same passion with him. Books, reading. Slowly, he made his way inside the office walking past his desk which is still filled with papers and unfinished works, going straight to where his daughter is, and his presence still unnoticed by his little girl who’s on her own world.

“What are you doing?” Harry asked, leaning into the back of the couch as he peek into his daughter’s shoulder. Though he already knew what his daughter is doing, the very familiar tattered cover, the yellowish pages, and the very same book he kept on reading when he was still young, he just wanted to hear it from her. “Reading a nice story” she mumbled without taking her eyes away from the book, unfazed to her father’s sudden appearance. “Oh, yeah? What’s it about?” Harry asked looking intrigued, trying not to smile. “It’s about the girl who lost her parents when she was just a baby, and she and her brother were left to live in a stranger’s house” He stood straight, circling the couch until he stopped in front of the girl and with one swift motion, he lifted her off the chair as if he’d done it a million times, with the stuffy still clutched into her arm as she held for the old book dearly. And all of the sudden, she’s not sitting on the couch anymore; instead, she’s sitting on her father’s lap. “What happens next?” Harry asked “A fire happened which killed the owner of the house in where they are living, the two of them are the only ones who got rescued, so the people of the government sent them to the house for children who don’t have families.” She stated as if she had read it a thousand times “That sounds like a great story”

“It is, but it’s so sad. The two of them got separated and the girl is accused for starting the fire, but it was her brother who did it” her face forming a frown, which made Harry smile. “Do you want me to read you another one?” Harry asked as she nodded. He stood up and went towards the massive bookcases with his little girl in his arms “Pick what you want” Harry told the little girl as she stare into him her eyes wide. He nodded at her and she smiled, before pulling out an old looking book and they went back to their original position on the couch.

As Harry started reading her the story, putting his best feelings and emotions with every line he uttered, falsely imitating the characters which made his daughter laugh but still listened intently. It was the only thing he ever wanted, to see his little girl smile, to see her happy made him happy too. Though it wasn’t even the story itself that the daughter loved; she can’t even understand half the words and often felt lost in the winding sentences. It was the raspy but soft voice of her dad, the funny accents he make for each character, the way he let turn the pages and just her dad. It was her dad who’s reading her a story, it wasn’t just someone out there in the house, it was him. The very first guy she loves and nothing felt more better, in her father’s arms.

Hola people!! Forgive me if there are some errors and if it doesn't look good like I thought it would haha, I'm kinda not used to writing in such point of view soo let me know if you liked it by voting and commenting down below. Oh by te way if you guys have twitter, mines inlove_withhes , we could talk there more ya know and stuffs. Have a blessed day xx.